Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Did my eyes deceive me? KATL in Marketplace

3 hours ago, Keirtt said:

How's the performance?

Similar to other higher density airports. I was able to maintain 30fps (vsync) on that approach in the video at 4k render resolution at 80 on my RTX2070.

So it was fine for me. But right on the edge for my hardware and settings.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

Probably not for me.  They do not like GA aircraft there, like Barons, Bonanzas, Diamond DA's, or anything C with a single prop.  LOL!

I flew my Baron in there a couple years ago to pick up a buddy coming off an overseas Air Force assignment and fly him down to Key West. They didn't complain at all. Followed an MD80 on the ILS08L.

But they need to model the GA ramp a bit better for it to be a good GA experience IMO.

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

12 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

When did they reveal which airports they were doing? Was it during the Q&A? I must have missed that.

Yes, the October 28 Q&A

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Odd that they got the color wrong for the terminal horizontal window panels - a reddish orange.  Even my free ATL addon in FSX has that right.

Mike

Those weed orange windows are gone now in real life. Big renovation has been occurring. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

15 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Those weed orange windows are gone now in real life. Big renovation has been occurring. 

Wait.....I can't seem to find any pics or stories regarding this.  Tried Atlanta Hartsfield update, renovation, facelift, etc...Bupkis....

Can you link a story or pic(s)?  The orange color is iconic....would be sad to see it go.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Wait.....I can't seem to find any pics or stories regarding this.  Tried Atlanta Hartsfield update, renovation, facelift, etc...Bupkis....

Can you link a story or pic(s)?  The orange color is iconic....would be sad to see it go.

The project is described here.  It's extensive.  

http://next.atl.com/the-plan-projects/airside/

Sadly I'm having trouble finding pics of the new gates.  But last time I was there it appeared that they had replaced all of the old orange ones with the new black/grey.  I'll be honest I like the look better.  They are also in process of adding 5 gates to the T Concourse.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

The project is described here.  It's extensive.  

http://next.atl.com/the-plan-projects/airside/

Sadly I'm having trouble finding pics of the new gates.  But last time I was there it appeared that they had replaced all of the old orange ones with the new black/grey.  I'll be honest I like the look better.  They are also in process of adding 5 gates to the T Concourse.  

Thanks for the info.  Will have to see it to comment, but agree that the redish orange is straight from the 70s interior design...the back/gray will probably look more...modern.

The pinnacle of 70's interior design....seriously...what were they smokin' back then??? (don't answer that) LOL

brcYRg.jpg

Show of hands.....who could sit in this room longer than 5 mins?....not me!

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

hah.  Same.  The last few years I've flown 75k miles or so per year on Delta.  It's been crazy to watch things change.  They've also made the concourses look a lot better.  Raised ceilings, more glass, better gate displays that line the hallway.  The airport is significantly better now.  If I have any problems with the airport, it's how long it takes to get from gate to your car.  Oh and the checkpoints.  Even with Pre and Clear there are mornings where it's an hour to get thru.  Now I'm guessing since Covid that's not an issue right now though. 

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

hah.  Same.  The last few years I've flown 75k miles or so per year on Delta.  It's been crazy to watch things change.  They've also made the concourses look a lot better.  Raised ceilings, more glass, better gate displays that line the hallway.  The airport is significantly better now.  If I have any problems with the airport, it's how long it takes to get from gate to your car.  Oh and the checkpoints.  Even with Pre and Clear there are mornings where it's an hour to get thru.  Now I'm guessing since Covid that's not an issue right now though. 

Yeah...as you may have seen in some of my previous posts...I spent many years travelling thru KATL as well.  I was a firm supporter of MARTA into the airport....avoided all the parking hassle. 🙂  In fact when I made it to Dallas...was shocked that DART had not yet be connected with DFW.  It was "close" to Love by virtue of the Green line that had a stop "close" to it....but DFW...nope.  I rejoiced when that did happen...and again...use it exclusively for all my trips out of it.

I'm a former Marietta resident. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I found this at the same site Micstatic linked, but it may be a "concept" drawing.

http://next.atl.com/the-plan-projects/central-passenger-terminal-complex/

I used to change planes in Atlanta very frequently, but it looks like the last time I was there was 2017.  I live in Mobile, Alabama.  Recently I've been driving to New Orleans and flying from there.

Mike

Edited by Mike777

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

i hope asobo don't do anymore airports as they are poor if you ask me heathrow was very dissapointing i hope aerosoft do there version for msfs even some of the freeware airports have been better than asobos.

• Like 1

Alexander Shepherd

Anyone reviewed KATL yet?

Enjoyed cwburnett’s drone tour and arrival videos btw.

Edited by amsfsx02501

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

On 11/9/2020 at 4:43 AM, ashepherd316 said:

i hope asobo don't do anymore airports as they are poor if you ask me heathrow was very dissapointing i hope aerosoft do there version for msfs even some of the freeware airports have been better than asobos.

Meh, free handcrafted scenery is fantastic for casual gamers. Its a sample platter of whats out there if they want to invest more in their immersion. 

Also worth noting in terms of reviews, its probably being overlooked right now as st. Maarten is currently trending for 3PD scenery releases.

Edited by Armchair Pilot
Review note

Bringing this thread back up, now that we have Asobo's ATL...

Just took a look around Asobo's ATL, and it's pretty good. For those that have Imaginesim's and Asobo's (new) ATL...how does it compare? Here are some screenshots from Asobo's: https://imgur.com/a/0HvwsT6

On 11/8/2020 at 10:42 AM, Steve Dra said:

Thanks for the info.  Will have to see it to comment, but agree that the redish orange is straight from the 70s interior design...the back/gray will probably look more...modern.

The pinnacle of 70's interior design....seriously...what were they smokin' back then??? (don't answer that) LOL

brcYRg.jpg

Show of hands.....who could sit in this room longer than 5 mins?....not me!

Maybe I could, but it wouldn't be legal in all 50 states.

Edited by SceneryFX

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram