Sign in to follow this  
goodperson36

Whic AI traffic product should i buy

6 hours ago, IUBrian said:

Does this impact the ability of FSUIPC to limit AI?

I would guess so, yes. UTL is using it´s own client to control all the AI´s. Though you set the internal traffic density setting of P3D down to zero. The density and even FPS-lock is set in UTL an will be controlled from outside the Sim.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

10 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I am having great performance with UTLive2 Beta

I asked access to the UTL2 Beta long time ago but my request went nowhere.. can you confirm my product is working fine with it? 

Thanks.

S.

11 hours ago, vadriver said:

p2atc has no AI comms & one uses the sim's traffic engine or others (eg UTL) to depict AI with no interface to one's aircraft.

VoxATC not only has AI comms matching the depicted but has its own traffic engine (using data compiled from bgl's .... AIFP, AIG, etc) to spawn & control that AI including interface with one's aircraft ....... airliners or GA. Vox does not work with UTL.

Seems Vox and AIG is the way for me then, thank you for this info.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I asked access to the UTL2 Beta long time ago but my request went nowhere.. can you confirm my product is working fine with it? 

Thanks.

S.

hi, Symbol, i´am not sure about this, because i have added the FLAI package into UTL2 and though i am not sure if i see the UTL-AI or the FLAI ones in the sim. I remember, when i applied my settings for the AI lights after the installation of UTL2 i got an errormessage telling me something that so and so models where skipped because of missing type of simobject definition or so. I think i´ve read somewhere from Tom Main, that the models are not defined as AI but as "miscelanious". Could that be?

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

2 minutes ago, BerndB said:

hi, Symbol, i´am not sure about this, because i have added the FLAI package into UTL2 and though i am not sure if i see the UTL-AI or the FLAI ones in the sim. I remember, when i applied my settings for the AI lights after the installation of UTL2 i got an errormessage telling me something that so and so models where skipped because of missing type of simobject definition or so. I think i´ve read somewhere from Tom Main, that the models are not defined as AI but as "miscelanious". Could that be?

Miscelanous? if that is true, this is against P3D SDK guidelines and requirements.. so that would be a product going out of what LM engineers have provided as specifications.

Can anyone confirm?

S.

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

Miscelanous? if that is true, this is against P3D SDK guidelines and requirements.. so that would be a product going out of what LM engineers have provided as specifications.

Can anyone confirm?

S.

Symbol, don´t be too fast for me😨 i´am still investigating and it seems i have got that mixed up. Here is what the developers and Ken Brattey said in the UTL2 forum. Feel free to blame and hit me.

For UTL from the aircraft.cfg you need a ui_varitaion and a ui_manufacturer, unlike AIG which just uses the title. If you have your own AI folder you need to create a simobjects entry so that the sim can find your AI aircraft. 

If you are trying to use AIG aircraft.cfg files then UTl2 (in fact any UT version) will not see these aircraft because they are missing the UI Manufscturer and UI Variation entries in each Fltsim section.   UTL requires these two entries. Please post a sample entry from one of the models that is not displaying and also the contents of your simobjects,cfg file.

I've never used FLAi structure so cannot comment.  As a minimum the aircraft.cfg file needs the following information:

[fltsim.3]
title = Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Air Canada C-GHPU
sim = B787-8
model = GE
soundai  = GE GEnx-1B
texture = ACA Air Canada\C-GHPU
atc_id = C-GHPU
atc_airline = AIR CANADA
atc_heavy = 1
atc_parking_types = GATE,RAMP
atc_parking_codes = ACA,ROU
ui_manufacturer = AI Boeing
ui_type = Boeing 787-8  (788)
ui_variation = Air Canada C-GHPU  (ACA)

All of my AI aircraft reside in a structure that I have created as follows.

D:\KB AIM\Simobjects

I guess as long as FLAi has the required cfg entries and you have all of those FLAi aircraft in a directory then there is no reason why they won't work.

Bernd

1 hour ago, julietsierrappl said:

Seems Vox and AIG is the way for me then, thank you for this info.

there's a demo available, but before you try it   ....... organize some AIFP / AIMOCI bgl's to get a feel for Vox's AI spawn / control and install extra MS or demo TTS voices from Harpo & others to get the better feel for its worth.

& remember, for the investment you get both an AI engine second to none and an ATC addon the equal of any (& it's recently updated & developer supported)

& join the team at https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/229-the-voxatc-support-forum/ for more

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

20 minutes ago, simbol said:

Can anyone confirm?

S.

As i said, the FLAI AI´s i use with UTL are shining nice with your lights. Except from those models where significant lights definitions are missing for strobes and Landing lights.

Bernd

2 minutes ago, BerndB said:

As i said, the FLAI AI´s i use with UTL are shining nice with your lights. Except from those models where significant lights definitions are missing for strobes and Landing lights.

BerndB,

Can you open one of the UTL 2 BETA aircraft.cfg file, check the [GENERAL] section, there you will find the entry "Category".. it should say Airplane as that is what it is.. and airplane.. 😉

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

BerndB,

Can you open one of the UTL 2 BETA aircraft.cfg file, check the [GENERAL] section, there you will find the entry "Category".. it should say Airplane as that is what it is.. and airplane.. 😉

I will do in the evening when i´am at home and let you know. If i´am looking into the ac.cfg anyway i can also check if your lights have been added to those.

• Like 1

Bernd

15 minutes ago, vadriver said:

there's a demo available, but before you try it   ....... organize some AIFP / AIMOCI bgl's to get a feel for Vox's AI spawn / control and install extra MS or demo TTS voices from Harpo & others to get the better feel for its worth.

& remember, for the investment you get both an AI engine second to none and an ATC addon the equal of any (& it's recently updated & developer supported)

& join the team at https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/229-the-voxatc-support-forum/ for more

Good advice, thank you kindly.

I have been simming since mfs 3.0 all the way up to p3dv5 but never bothered with traffic add ons, just used basic inbuilt AI traffic and ATC when they first offered it in mfs 2002 .

After I somewhat recently got my ppl and doing some real life flying I realized I wanted a more lifelike, precise and fleshed out so to speak ATC and better and more detailed AI traffic to simulate real life flying better.

Look forward to test it out.

i use the following 

1. https://rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com/

2. https://www.lekseecon.nl/

3. my own handcrafted ai pack over 10 years work - with over 7000 assisgned repaints.  Theres pretty much no airline thats not in it.  It also has GA models and a few military ones too 

So for example today I am doing a EGKK-LEMG-EGKK flight,  im following the real world a/c down there and back in real time  (his behind me on that screenshot EZY89CA)

The traffic around me for the whole day on sectors is 100% accuarate as it feeds in from ads-b data, I absoluetly love it.  The amount of airlines around that youve never heard of that you come across is brillant and all part of the excitement.

At the end of the session it will then tell me what airlines I missed if any.  Ive tried them all UTLIVE, AIG, TRAFFIC GLOBAL, for me nothing comes close to real world actual live AI.  I love it 

all of this for just the prices below at https://rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com/     and if anyone wants a copy of my aitraffic pack and needs help setting it up (takes 10 mins) feel free to send me a PM. Its a 3.5 gig download and unzipped its 17.7 gig.  yes its that big 🙂  

Capture.png

Capture.png

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Thanks.

S.

I will check later today.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

6 hours ago, simbol said:

BerndB,

Symbol, i´ve just cheked that and i can confirm the AI models of UTL2 have in the GENERAL section the category "airplane" and the lights effects files are replaced with the fsreborn ones. 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

40 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Symbol, i´ve just cheked that and i can confirm the AI models of UTL2 have in the GENERAL section the category "airplane" and the lights effects files are replaced with the fsreborn ones. 👍

Thank you so much.. panic over lol

S.