Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V3 RELEASED

Tremendous accomplishment, Robert. MSFS is a better sim now.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Just now, raymar said:

Tremendous accomplishment, Robert. MSFS is a better sim now.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks Ray. BTW I haven't forgotten about the custom spoiler. It's just that I can't find an existing button or switch that I could turn into a spoiler actuator. All I could do would be to assign it to a keypress, but I doubt you'd find that satisfactory.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

4 minutes ago, robert young said:

Thanks Ray. BTW I haven't forgotten about the custom spoiler.

Have any Bonanzas had spoilers?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

Have any Bonanzas had spoilers?

Just a few have had after market brakes fitted, but they are expensive and for non turbo A36 and G36s the gear is quite draggy anyway. But Ray likes his gadgets!

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

21 minutes ago, robert young said:

Thanks Ray. BTW I haven't forgotten about the custom spoiler. It's just that I can't find an existing button or switch that I could turn into a spoiler actuator. All I could do would be to assign it to a keypress, but I doubt you'd find that satisfactory.

Robert,
A key bind is fine. I will assign it to my controller anyway. Thanks.

You know Mooneys didn’t have spoilers for a very long time, then a few guys had the aftermarket version installed and the next thing you know they were a factory offered option which was installed by the Vendor.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

27 minutes ago, robert young said:

Just a few have had after market brakes fitted, but they are expensive and for non turbo A36 and G36s the gear is quite draggy anyway. But Ray likes his gadgets!

Thanks for confirming.  Have not flown a Bonanza since 1984, but had ridden along in a number of them over the ensuing years.  Never recall one with spoilers or speed brakes.  Honestly, unlike Mooney's, can't really fathom the need.  Just not as slippery.

Even the Turbine Duke has no need for speed brakes....  Speaking of that....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Very much appreciated Rob.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

So, a great revision. Is this version compatible with the other Bonanza 35 improvement project? Can you have both in the community folder at the same time or do they interfere with each other? How about the G1000 mod?

Thanks Robert for all of your hard work.  Flew a 4 hour flight across the Aleutian Islands, awesome as usual.  Fought a 40kt wind most of the way, the non-turbo G36 would have been so slow!

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

35 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

So, a great revision. Is this version compatible with the other Bonanza 35 improvement project? Can you have both in the community folder at the same time or do they interfere with each other? How about the G1000 mod?

The G1000 mod is working perfectly, because it is a standalone utility mod that you can use with any G1000-equipped aircraft. 

Edited by robert young

Took it for a little flight tonight. Felt really good. Noticeable improvement in the elevator authority at low speeds, in the flare. Overall just feels "right". One of the rare airplanes in the sim now that does. I also found in V2 it was a bit too slippery on final. Hard to slow it up. This feels good now. Base to final turn the speed drops into place as you go full flaps. Thanks alot for the work on it!

Thank you Robert for this mod. It truly is amazing.

tpewpb-6.png

No issues so far. The procedure to make the both the Turbo mod and the default Bonanza available in the selection window still works which is  also a bonus. 

Gets better with every version even when you think it cannot improve any more - amazing work, well done.