Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Cody WY to Bozemen Mt in the early morning

Early morning, cup of coffee...nice 100'ish mile trip in beautiful country...KCOD to KBZN.  Great way to start a day.

DxQPIU.jpg

gAtvnA.jpg

Love how the sun crests over the mountain tops as it rises. 🙂 

CWjH7L.jpg

L1AI8L.jpg

QuqcSz.jpg

bepYcw.jpg

bIbcRb.jpg

EDIT:
Here is the end of the flight....coming down from 17,000...mountains are amazing!

IZD7Zm.jpg

XHLkRt.jpg

hgyzAL.jpg

e4WDMT.jpg

Sun is going to be right in my eyes...turning short final...

DUmSAo.jpg

Squinting required....

TyFvXq.jpg

Parked....going to get some breakfast...beautiful country if you like mountains! 🙂

RMcBzz.jpg

Thanks for virtually flying with me to Bozeman. 😉

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

That's pretty.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Despite the beautiful scenery, I love that nose-on shot! :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Steve, beautiful set!  I have some fond memories of Cody from my visit in 2014.  Too bad my perspective was only from the ground and my occasional hike up the surrounding Yellowstone Mountains.  

• Like 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Thanks guys!

@DJJose to me....the words pretty and sunrise/sunset are synonymous. 🙂

@HighBypass Yeah I like interesting angles....sometimes I level the plane's wings to the "horizon" by tilting the camera...makes you subconsciously tilt your head (or really does....I found myself tilting my head when I was framing it up for the shot) 🙂 

@DylanC never been to Cody but been to Bozeman a few times....love that whole area of the country!

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

After seeing these pics i decided to do this flight with a little detour over Red Lodge. Love the Beartooth Mtns and taking my bike there. Used to go there in the 2nd half of Sept when tourists were gone and I had the place more or less to myself. This MSFS2020 scenery is spectacular. When we get some interesting addon aircraft* and the weather starts working this sim is really going to evolve into something.  *My thanks to the community for their great improvements to the CJ4, A320 and Bonanza etc. (edit for spelling)

Edited by dbw1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

After seeing these pics i decided to do this flight with a little detour over Red Lodge. Love the Beartooth Mtns and taking my bike there. Used to go there in the 2nd half of Sept when tourists were gone and I had the place more or less to myself. This MSFS2020 scenery is spectacular. When we get some interesting addon aircraft* and the weather starts working this sim is really going to evolve into something.  *My thanks to the community for their great improvements to the CJ4, A320 and Bonanza etc. (edit for spelling)

Yeah...the sim does an amazing job with immersion....I also just picked up Big Bear after @DJJose posted some pics here.....Flying the California mountains is just as stunning. 😉   One shot from the series I'll post later...

Turning final...into the sun....again LOL

Ju240l.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nothing like an early morning stint in the SIM.  And yes that hot cup of coffee shortly after leveling off and setting up for cruise.  I have found a recent fondness for Pilot2ATC which I am trying to get accustomed to as I was an avid use of Radar Contact.  but nothing like fumbling with voice commands with the software does not recognize your voice...LOL

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

1 hour ago, crosswind said:

Nothing like an early morning stint in the SIM.  And yes that hot cup of coffee shortly after leveling off and setting up for cruise.  I have found a recent fondness for Pilot2ATC which I am trying to get accustomed to as I was an avid use of Radar Contact.  but nothing like fumbling with voice commands with the software does not recognize your voice...LOL

Yeah one of these days I'll have to start communicating with the controllers who's sector I'm blowing thru....I just create routes via charts and "pretend" I always get all the clearances and vectors I ask for. 🙂 

Think I had RC and bought it back when it 1st came out...but never got into it.  I know its one of the best out there though.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

***Phenomenal*** 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

19 hours ago, SP2472 said:

Great ones Steve, looks a little cold up there!

Darryl

Maybe a little....but I just turn the exhaust of my Titan blower card towards my feet if they get chilly....Currently using my GPU card to heat the whole 2 story home. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg