captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

1 hour ago, ilpagaia said:

Downloaded and installed last version but i can’t load any flight  in the sim.

After  the selection of the aircraft and piace, my sim starts to load the flight but nothing happens… also after 1hour of loading.

tried several time with different piace and aircraft.

Any idea?

Stefano

The same here.

Brand new PC,MSFS does not respond after loading a flight.

Back to Gaist1 and it is ok again.

Mike

Edited by bigmike

It's working flawlessly for me. Check the installation.

You guys must delete the old gaist folder before installing the new one (which has a different name: gaist-ultra-BETA)

• Like 2

Of course deleted the old folder before installing the new one.

Mike

yep worked just fine for me, deleted the old folder and put this in, saw wakes & smoke effects straight away when in game, superb stuff Henrik 👍

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Try deleting the content.xml file after switching to the new version, this might help.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

55 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Try deleting the content.xml file after switching to the new version, this might help.

Where is this file? 

6 hours ago, jarmstro said:

English Channel now full of ships. Superb stuff! No wakes for me but it doesn't matter. Funnels smoking though.

Can you share your display settings? We have another similar report, though for most it works perfectly - so some individual issue must be at play.

5 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Does this beta version decrease the number of ships? Description says 680 ships while v2.10 said 1052 ships.

No, it increases the number of ships and also the traffic intensity - the 1052 is the number of sim cfg entries in the old version - that is the number of repaints. The 680 is unique ship models, which can then have many repaints - I did not have time to count the number of sim.cfg entries but based on more than 10.000 textures where the minimum and most normal for a ship will be 4... albd, comp, norm and emis textures - and some 8 and a few a lot more, I guess we are around 1300-1400- ships in this version. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, KL791 said:

Can you share your display settings? We have another similar report, though for most it works perfectly - so some individual issue must be at play.

I confirm that I am seeing smoke but no wakes.

Resolution 2560x1440

Render Scaling 100

V-sync On

Frame Limit 30fps

DX11

AA TAA

TLOD 250

Off Screen Pre Caching Ultra

Terrain Vector Data High

Buildings, Trees and Grass all Ultra

OLOD 150

Clouds Ultra

Texture Resolution High

Anisotropic Filtering 8x

Texture Supersampling 4x4

Texture Synthesis High

Waves High

Shadow Maps 1536

Terrain &Contact Shadows, Windshield Effects  High

Ambient Occlusion High

Cubemap Reflections 192

Raymarched Reflections & Light Shafts High

Bloom On

DOF, Motion Blur, Lens Correction, Lens Flare all Off

Cockpit Refresh Rate Medium

RTX2070 Diver Version 497.29

EDIT. No I'm wrong! I do have wakes. Flying across the Channel just now the first couple of ships near Brighton had no wakes. But halfway across and there are several ships that do.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

Working flawlessly for me Henrik.  Fantastic work and whilst the old version was great, the wakes and smoke effects are superb and make such a difference.

You don't really notice the wake effects much until you get down quite low, but I guess that's probably true in the real world too.

I haven't tested how much difference setting the wind strength makes yet as I have been flying an ularalight that doesn't like much more than a breeze.

I'm assuming that ships still need to be set to 6 or 7% in msfs.  Is that correct?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

Working flawlessly for me Henrik.  Fantastic work and whilst the old version was great, the wakes and smoke effects are superb and make such a difference.

You don't really notice the wake effects much until you get down quite low, but I guess that's probably true in the real world too.

I haven't tested how much difference setting the wind strength makes yet as I have been flying an ularalight that doesn't like much more than a breeze.

I'm assuming that ships still need to be set to 6 or 7% in msfs.  Is that correct?

Yes, 6-7% is fine. Some routes have been added with 10% - that is intercontinental routes between e.g. US East Coast and Europe. If you just fly VFR in coastal areas it won't make much difference to increase to 10% and anything beyond 10% will start creating trouble with the default traffic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jarmstro said:

EDIT. No I'm wrong! I do have wakes.

Thanks for returning - the ones near the coast might be stopped completely or having slowed down before a turn, then you won't notice the wakes - also remember to add ground wind above 5 knots - the default weather comes up with just 2 knots and then the wakes are almost invisible. I should have mentioned that yesterday, but forgot.

22 hours ago, ilpagaia said:

Downloaded and installed last version but i can’t load any flight  in the sim.

After  the selection of the aircraft and piace, my sim starts to load the flight but nothing happens

Same here, I had to close down with Task Manager.

Edit - I closed down the "other" payware shipping I have installed and Gaist worked fine, loaded the payware shipping up again and the flight refused to load so it certainly appears to be a conflict which was not there before. Most settings on Ultra

Edited by Espana Pete
update
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

Working great here. Excellent add-on.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

52 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Working great here. Excellent add-on.

Out of interest do you also have the Orbx shipping software?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H