captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

After the launch of V3 we are now testing a new beta of the Real Time Traffic. Below Danish Navy ships at their home base in Korsør.

izqoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-07-181237.jpg

and Mary Arctica in Nuuk, Greenland

hzqoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-07-212901.jpg

My wife took the below ferry in Brazil yesterday, but I couldn't see her in the simulator, so we still have limitations 😄

fZjoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-07-134304.jpg

• Like 16
  • Upvote 1

Back in the GAIST-ULTRA-V3 BGL version a few miles west of Nuuk, Greenland... well, actually I run BGL and real time together... a trawler is in trouble and the crew abandoning ship - luckily both a Danish Navy patrol and a Canadian Icebreaker (by Jean Pierre Fillion) are nearby... And no we will not simulate ship wrecks either but you will be able to follow some SAR ships in real time

rIqoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-07-214553.jpg

rIqoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-07-214743.jpg

qIqoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-07-214825.jpg

NLqoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-07-215403.jpg

• Like 9

On 12/31/2022 at 9:57 AM, Espana Pete said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "Latam-routes"?

Is there a breakdown anywhere that shows one what is covered by each route?

I believe these are South America routes.

• Like 2

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

This morning a 225m bulk carrier, the Glory, ran aground in the Suez Channel. I started the sim and activated the Beta of the real time traffic tool and yes, I could see two tugs helping a grounded 225m Bulk Carrier - I have to say that we did not have a match on name and company of the Bulk Carrier, but size and type yes, and also we one of the two tugs was actually a sister ship to the real Svitzer tug assisting the bulk carrier. Luckily it was all quickly resolved.

LFZoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-09-104142.jpg

KFZoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-09-105201.jpg

KFZoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-09-124001.jpg

KFZoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-09-110642.jpg

JFZoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-09-124221.jpg

LFZoPb-Screenshot-2023-01-09-101427.jpg

Ships waiting in Great Bitter Lake at the time of the grounding.

• Like 12

On 1/7/2023 at 7:06 PM, flyblueskies said:

I believe these are South America routes.

Just a guess: Latam is short for Latin America

• Like 3

@KL791 I want to do a VR boat video sailing through your Danish waterways there, can you point me toward some mood fitting music?

Preferably popular Danish Jazz, Lounge or Anthem that would fit the oceanic/naval mood.

Korsør looks like one of the ideal waterways to sail through.

Thanks!

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Fantastic.

I was wondering: Could someone perhaps create auto-generated sceneries with cranes and container storage areas for all harbours worldwide? @mamu82 perhaps, or PuffinFlight? Together with GAIST it would be a maritime dream come true. 😇

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Just a guess: Latam is short for Latin America

Yes...when I worked in Engineering, we had to include language decals, manuals, etc. for our products. Latam was the choice when choosing the different language kits for many South American countries. The Latam choice included manuals written in Spanish...

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 minutes ago, joschy66 said:

Fantastic.

I was wondering: Could someone perhaps create auto-generated sceneries with cranes and container storage areas for all harbours worldwide? @mamu82 perhaps, or PuffinFlight? Together with GAIST it would be a maritime dream come true. 😇

Would be appreciated.... I even have crane models and low poly container stacks for the one who would do that...

34 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

@KL791 I want to do a VR boat video sailing through your Danish waterways there, can you point me toward some mood fitting music?

Preferably popular Danish Jazz, Lounge or Anthem that would fit the oceanic/naval mood.

Thanks!

I am not a big music expert so I would have to ask a friend who is a Danish Jazz musician 😄

Wow this looks incredible!  I’m looking forward to flying around some busy harbours with the Marine Traffic app open next to me.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I cannot wait for the real-time version release!

• Like 4

Eric 

On 1/11/2023 at 3:51 PM, B777ER said:

I cannot wait for the real-time version release!

Neither can I, but currently it is out of my hand and waiting for some technical stuff. Meanwhile I add more ships.

For those who have donated I can tell that these donations are being reinvested in the project to fulfill some of the gaps that neither I nor the rest of the team have had time to fill e.g. yachts but also some other nice stuff which you will see later.

uCdrPb-Screenshot-20230107-211407.png

and some passengers...

vCdrPb-Screenshot-20230107-210656.png

And I am also modelling new stuff - here a different part of the world, the Icy Bay going crab fishing in Alaska

uCdrPb-Screenshot-20230112-205033.png

And then under the "3D Warehouse: General Model License Agreement" I am testing some additional models and trying to get hold of the original developer, which on 3d-warehouse is kind of a mess... But even if the Model License does not require it I prefer to do it as not all might have read the license before uploading their creations to the 3D warehouse... But there are some nice models in the warehouse like this Argentinian fishing boat from Everabreu

vvNqPb-Screenshot-2023-01-14-205722.jpg

and this model of USS Bunker Hill from Sir Topham Hatt

uCdrPb-Screenshot-20230114-004223.png

• Like 14

I just spent an hour, (late afternoon/rush hour), flying very low and slowly around central Puget Sound (Seattle area) which was my home sailing area for 45-years.  I crossed the Seattle ferry routes run by Washington State Ferries about five times and always had at least two routes in sight:

Seattle - Winslow (Eagle Harbor the home base of the Ferry fleet)
Seattle - Bremerton
Fauntleroy - Vashon-Southworth
Kingston - Edmonds

All of those routes have two boats (the really big ones) running about 20-hours a day.  There is always at least one boat underway on each route.  And, if they are not underway they are docked either at end of their route.

In an hour of flying I saw one ferry on the Seattle - Bremerton run and NOT a ONE on any other route.  And there were no ferries docked at any of the ferry landings.

There were NO ships anchored in Elliot Bay while my experience is that there are never less than three or four waiting for a berth while anchored.

I did see a couple container ships, a gasoline barge, and a break bulk ship underway south of Seattle but none between Seattle (West Point) and Admiralty Inlet.  There are ALWAYS many big ocean going ships underway between the Straits of Juan de Fuca and Seattle.

I've changed the traffic settings to many different levels, including those the GAIST doc recommends.  I cannot make the ferries appear and the traffic in the Sound is about 1/5 of what is really there.

I have V3 and North American routes in my Community Folder.

What should I do to see more traffic, especially the very interesting Washington State Ferries.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

8 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

I just spent an hour, (late afternoon/rush hour), flying very low and slowly around central Puget Sound (Seattle area) which was my home sailing area for 45-years.  I crossed the Seattle ferry routes run by Washington State Ferries about five times and always had at least two routes in sight:

Seattle - Winslow (Eagle Harbor the home base of the Ferry fleet)
Seattle - Bremerton
Fauntleroy - Vashon-Southworth
Kingston - Edmonds

All of those routes have two boats (the really big ones) running about 20-hours a day.  There is always at least one boat underway on each route.  And, if they are not underway they are docked either at end of their route.

In an hour of flying I saw one ferry on the Seattle - Bremerton run and NOT a ONE on any other route.  And there were no ferries docked at any of the ferry landings.

There were NO ships anchored in Elliot Bay while my experience is that there are never less than three or four waiting for a berth while anchored.

I did see a couple container ships, a gasoline barge, and a break bulk ship underway south of Seattle but none between Seattle (West Point) and Admiralty Inlet.  There are ALWAYS many big ocean going ships underway between the Straits of Juan de Fuca and Seattle.

I've changed the traffic settings to many different levels, including those the GAIST doc recommends.  I cannot make the ferries appear and the traffic in the Sound is about 1/5 of what is really there.

I have V3 and North American routes in my Community Folder.

What should I do to see more traffic, especially the very interesting Washington State Ferries.

For the routes you have looked at you will need to wait for the real time version. We have not programmed all the ferry routes despite having the ferries ready - you actually have the ferry models in your folder, but they will only be activated once we have the real time ready. Changing the settings will not help. Larry Robinson have programmed the routes and if you have P3D with his Pacific North West scenery, the bgl traffic file from that one can be used - but it requires both that file and some name changes in the sim.cfg of the GAIST ferries so it is not a completely simple operation - basically the Larry's ferries will have to be renamed as they were named in P3D.