captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Heh I've been using it in MSFS for a couple months now (specifically the collection on fsnorway), I just plopped the files into a community folder. It works almost perfectly, some models don't render correctly (they're very rare ones though, and not notable unless you're up close) and the night lights don't work but it's usable for background noise. 

Nice to see that official support is coming though.

Great tip, thank you...a few boats with no textures showing (maybe a way ro search these and delete?) but most work fine!

And definitely can’t wait for official package!

Steve

6 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

Great tip, thank you...a few boats with no textures showing (maybe a way ro search these and delete?) but most work fine!

And definitely can’t wait for official package!

Steve

Hi;

I also downloaded it from flightsimnorway (1.03 GB, Global AI Ship Traffic v2) and put it in the community folder. But, could not see any boats or etc. ?

Any suggestion what did I wrong? Do I need to generate layout.json file and how ?

Thanks.

Edit. Yes, my question was including the answer, I created a layout.json and manifest.json which solved the problem. AI Ship Traffic is visible now. Thanks to all.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Do you mind sharing your 2 files with an old chap not so familiar with those json thingies?
😊

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

47 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Do you mind sharing your 2 files with an old chap not so familiar with those json thingies?
😊

Hi;

I think you are asking this to me because I did not see any quote to myself.

So, I would like to help, of course. Sharing the files can be a little bit problem from few points but I will explain you this very easy step.

After downloading and extracting the mentioned collection properly to your community folder; please also download the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe from this link https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator/releases , and put it in the same folder with the collection. Then grab any layout.json and manifest.json files from any of your existing addons (no problem which one they are) and put them in he same folder. Lastly, take only your layout.json file and place it onto MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe  file which will convert your layout.json file to the one you need automatically. That is it. Then run your simulator. All is there. (Do not forget that all the above files must be in the same folder to generate properly.)

I hope this helps you and the others who are requesting the same information. Happy flying. Please let me know ?

Edited by kt069
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

i would also appreciate then 3 files guys 😀

EDIT: never mind, saw kt069 post

Edited by RTK1972
  • Like 1

Carsten U

3 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Hi;

I think you are asking this to me because I did not see any quote to myself.

Please let me know ?

Works perfectly.
Thank you very much indeed!
I've learned something today 🙂

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

5 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Works perfectly.
Thank you very much indeed!
I've learned something today 🙂

No problem. Nice to hear it works. Greetings from Turkey to Jerusalem.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 4

😉

Thank you, brother.

Best regards,
David Roch

9 hours ago, dobee51 said:

I used Build.py to generate a layout.json file.

@dobee51 or anyone that understands py. I have V2 from my FSX, so placed that in the Community folder. I have py 3.8, but never used it - when I launch it, is is a CMD!

How do I generate a json file with the folders I have for global ai ship traffic? I see that the folder requires both a layout and manifest json!

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Martin, please use kt069's method which works flawlessly.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

I'm also struggling to understand fully.

So I've downloaded the package and added two .json files. 

But I'm stuck on the next bit.

When I run the layout generator I get a dos prompt saying "no layout.json paths specified" press any key to continue.

Now I am running this on a external HDD , connected to a laptop which doesn't have MSFS installed on (was trying to get it prepared for later so I could just copy and paste into my community folder on my rig) - is this where I'm going wrong?

Edit - ok so looks like I need to run from community folder yes?

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

@David Roch @kt069 What happens to the manifest.json, as that remains with the details of the original mod I copied from?

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

18 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

I'm also struggling to understand fully.

So I've downloaded the package and added two .json files. 

But I'm stuck on the next bit.

When I run the layout generator I get a dos prompt saying "no layout.json paths specified" press any key to continue.

Now I am running this on a external HDD , connected to a laptop which doesn't have MSFS installed on (was trying to get it prepared for later so I could just copy and paste into my community folder on my rig) - is this where I'm going wrong?

Edit - ok so looks like I need to run from community folder yes?

Read the instruction above. You drop the exe in the Ships folder which you have already placed in the community folder. You then drag and drop the layout.json on top of the exe file in the folder.

It works brilliantly, very impressed. The wake needs a little work for full beauty but the ships are great

CJ

• Like 2

qE9fv0i.pngL4qU3Nk.png

3 minutes ago, sauviat said:

@David Roch @kt069 What happens to the manifest.json, as that remains with the details of the original mod I copied from?

Martin

nothing

Edited by CJ1045
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Martin

Yes, manifest.json remains the same.

• Like 1