Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

good things, bad things

Overall it is a great step in the right direction!

Good things:
1. NO more flashing clouds
2. Better stability and performance
3. Starts , runway lights, moon and sun are way better proportioned/ sized in widescreen !!!!! thank you
4. Runway visibility is a lot better further out
5. i really like  the  EA without clouds and at lower visibility!

Bad things:

1. EA night water reflection
2. EA clouds
3. EA visibility below unlimited not including lower visibility
4. EA stability , i had one crash EA on , two visibility layers on and one cloud layer.
5. EA no cirrus layer available??

Keep on trucking in the right direction!

• Upvote 1

Is the EA night water reflection referring to bright water at night? 

By turning on anyone of the reflection of water (user aircraft or clouds or terrain, only one needed), you can solve the bright water at night.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 21grams said:

By turning on anyone of the reflection of water (user aircraft or clouds or terrain, only one needed), you can solve the bright water at night.

Yep - see my previous thread.  Reflection enabled fixes the water color change

It seems to be heading in the right directiion based on the latest HF issued by LM. Stlil some tweaks required but looks quite promising.

More flights to do! Have not tired EA yet.

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.1 HF1 & 4.5HF2 and sometimes FSX!

i7-8700K @4.5Ghz | MSI Z370 HD3 Tomahawk | MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor 8Gb |16Gb Corsair 3000Mhz DDR4 DRAM| Samsung EVO 850 500Gb Windows|WD Blue 1Tb SSD SATA disk | Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2Tb NMVe SSD disk | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p |beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler | beQuiet Silent Base 800 tower  beQuiet Pure Power 10 600W PSU

Don’t forget that this is a Hotfix and no larger Update.

Sure EA needs some improvements: I like to see better cloud models .

I am currently testing some settings in the VolumetricClouds.cfg file.

You can see the cloud resolution for each setting. Max is 768 but if I remember it correctly it was 1024 before ...

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 14 cores @ 4.7 - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Inno3D RTX3090 X4 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Inno3D RTX 3090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Don’t forget that this is a Hotfix and no larger Update.

Sure EA needs some improvements: I like to see better cloud models .

I am currently testing some settings in the VolumetricClouds.cfg file.

You can see the cloud resolution for each setting. Max is 768 but if I remember it correctly it was 1024 before ...

You can change it back to 1024, it will increase resolution but VRAm consumption too

8 hours ago, 21grams said:

Ah i tried that yesterday but i guess i did not turn them all off .. Ill try today. I will also play around with the cloud texture size a a bit

2 hours ago, simbol said:

You can change it back to 1024, it will increase resolution but VRAm consumption too

I am probably going to reduce it to 512 to save more VRAM anyway.  Good ole FSX 32 bit issues are back.  Now we VRoom our GPUS lol.  

Great Tip though

Edited by Skywolf

Just now, Skywolf said:

I am probably going to reduce it to 512 to save more VRAM anyway.  Good ole FSX 32 bit issues are back.  Now we VRoom our GPUS lol.  

Great Tip though

I am getting a 3090TI and increasing it to 2048.. 😛

I calculate that there is a 30.90% chance that he is joking.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png