Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

VR coming to everyone in Sim Update #2

4 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

Anything that I might need to quickly access during things like takeoff and approach are mapped to my Warthog HOTAS.  I fail to see how reaching for a hand controller would be quicker, easier or more precise....

Same everything is mapped to my HOTAS, I even have unused buttons leftover.

Gotta love the HOTAS.

All of my HMD's hand controllers are somewhere collecting dust. I never used any of them for simming.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I am currently using Valve Index controllers with my HP Reverb G2 on X-Plane 11.

I do wonder if that will also work with MSFS VR.

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

On 11/30/2020 at 12:44 PM, Spit40 said:

Anyone tried this yet? It looks like the most useful stopgap until VR hands work well

https://pointctrl.com

I use it in DCS, and wouldn't fly without it.  Just awesome.

• Upvote 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

14 hours ago, javelina said:

I use it in DCS, and wouldn't fly without it.  Just awesome.

Interesting?  Looks a little "homemade" but it works great?  I'm finding in VR with the Thrustmaster Warthog, I'm using the mouse more and more for many clickable cockpit functions and less of my button boxes.

If this is supported in MSFS VR, this may be a required purchase.

Edited by Lobaeux

3 hours ago, stewie007 said:

why would anyone want 30 fps vr experience lol

If you have a 3080 or 3090? Should be golden. I hope...

On 12/12/2020 at 3:07 PM, stewie007 said:

It isn’t a matter of wanting 30-45 fps its a matter of comprimising fps for smooth stutter free performance.. 90-120 fps means nothing in VR if it isn’t smooth and fluid.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Complete noob question: When I‘m in VR, is the game still displayed on the screen?

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

Complete noob question: When I‘m in VR, is the game still displayed on the screen?

Depends how they do it. In Aerofly fs2 you could choose to see a split partition on the monitor or a merged screen. Sometimes you get to just see one eye.

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

On 12/18/2020 at 7:49 AM, Spit40 said:

Depends how they do it. In Aerofly fs2 you could choose to see a split partition on the monitor or a merged screen. Sometimes you get to just see one eye.

Hello Spit. It’s slipstream from the Aerofly forums. I’ve still yet to buy this sim as I’m an avid rotary pilot so very unhappy to be honest. I’ve also just received the Reverb G2 which is awesome. One thing I cannot believe about the G2 is how much of the FOV is lost due to their magnetic face pad. I need to come up with a mod, lol. 

Keith Sandford.

4 hours ago, slip-stream said:

Hello Spit. It’s slipstream from the Aerofly forums. I’ve still yet to buy this sim as I’m an avid rotary pilot so very unhappy to be honest. I’ve also just received the Reverb G2 which is awesome. One thing I cannot believe about the G2 is how much of the FOV is lost due to their magnetic face pad. I need to come up with a mod, lol. 

Hi! Mine arrives on Monday. That's a shame about lost FOV. They're still saying it compares well though to other headsets. Do you think its not?

Cheers

Phil

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Hi Phil. The G2 is amazing in terms of comfort and sharpness of image. Colours are stunning. No SDE. There is definitely a loss of FOV with their face pad. There are a few mods around which I’m going to try. 

Keith Sandford.

4 minutes ago, slip-stream said:

Hi Phil. The G2 is amazing in terms of comfort and sharpness of image. Colours are stunning. No SDE. There is definitely a loss of FOV with their face pad. There are a few mods around which I’m going to try. 

I hear that replacing the face ring pad with a smaller one and attaching it with Velcro works to increase this FOV 

On 12/13/2020 at 7:07 AM, stewie007 said:

I found it quite exceptable with X-Plane.  It's a flight Sim not a first-person shooter.  But the target should really be to hold 45 fps and use reproduction to take it up to 90

On 11/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, peppy197 said:

I saw a couple 3090 available on Newegg.ca for 3250 and 3700 Cdn today but did not bite as too expensive still, RIPPPOFF

https://www.newegg.ca/evga-geforce-rtx-3090-24g-p5-3987-kr/p/N82E16814487526?Description=3090&cm_re=3090-_-14-487-526-_-Product

3090 is a rip-off no matter how close to it’s msrp that it gets. You can guarantee there will be a refresh in q1 offering the same performance in games at an msrp around 1k gbp.  If I was interested in 3090 performance I would 100% (if they were available) sit on a 3080 until then and then upgrade and sell the 3080. 

3090 is an inbetweener, designed to gouge. Don’t support the gouging with your hard earned money. Force them to bring the prices back down to reasonable levels. Back when the top end ultra gpus cost less than 1k.