Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

3 CTD in 2 days after update #7

word not allowed just had another flying into KATL again in the TBM.......so frustrating after a nearly 2 hour flight from KDCA!!!

Definitely "something" going on with the new update.  My sim has been super stable and the only thing thats changed is the new update

Thomas Derbyshire

Hmm definitely something "going on" at KATL.  Just tried to load up at the field and right at the end of the loading sequence both my monitors just went black - both my previous CTD were flying too the field.  So no CTD this time everything just freezed up on me, I couldn't alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del had to do a hard reset.  Can't put my finger on it.

Thomas Derbyshire

All issues  gone today, back to a fully functional sim..... Getting an expert at re-installing win 10, and the sim lol

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Reinstalling Win 10 and the Sim to troubleshoot a CTD is like knocking your house down and rebuilding it for a leak in the roof!

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

The latest version seems more memory-hungry than the earlier ones.  Check your windows system log in Event Viewer for 'out of virtual memory' errors and increase your pagefile size if needed.  Most of my CTDs were due to that until I realised what the issue was.  I have 16GB ram and found that a 16GB pagefile was insufficient in some cases, at least if I had a few other apps running.

Edited by loge

Yup, no crashes for me at all until the update. CTD on approach to airport. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

25 minutes ago, loge said:

The latest version seems more memory-hungry than the earlier ones.  Check your windows system log in Event Viewer for 'out of virtual memory' errors and increase your pagefile size if needed.  Most of my CTDs were due to that until I realised what the issue was.  I have 16GB ram and found that a 16GB pagefile was insufficient in some cases, at least if I had a few other apps running.

Funny you should say that I've been scrutinizing my memory usage because I "only" have 16GB.   Its just crashed AGAIN flying around London in the C152 after installing ORBX EGLC.  My available memory was 2.9GB when I got the "Flightsimulator.exe has stopped working".

Event viewer doesn't help me glean anything useful either.  

I will have a look at my pagefile settings...very frustrating!!

Thomas Derbyshire

Not experiencing any crashes here with an empty community folder or with paid add-ons, so far at least. 

Have seen a couple crashes in the past three months that were always traceable to a freeware scenery

Since the purchase of the FS2020, August, it is the first time that CTD has taken place; as soon as I try to open the PA44 Carenado glass ventilation window. It was my first and last baptism in the pay market. Frustrating really.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Seemed like something was 'fishy' around KATL too. Had 2 CTD flying into KATL in a 3 day time period. 1st was from KMEM to KATL. Got the CTD right after exiting runway. No credit for anything in logbook of course. So later same day flew from KMEM to KBNA instead everything went smoothly. Next day figured I try KATL again. Mistake! Went from KBNA to KATL this time CTD hit 10-20 feet from parking spot just as I was turning left into spot. ARGH! Needless to say next day didn't try KATL a 3rd time. Instead went from KBNA to KCLT without a hitch.

Since patch 6 on Nov 10th(same day windows updated itself forgot to notice if updates weren't off) and caused a Borked install(On a load of FS the fs2020 was suddenly empty cept for cache files and directory names) and had to do 1st re-install since launch day ever since then have had about 8 or so CTD since Nov 17th. Had only 1 or 2 prior to Nov 10th.

My usual problem is reboots. Usually in navigating menus or on loading the sim, only happening during flight twice I believe.

Never had CTDs - today the second after the last Update - and allways in the vicinity of New York City - during flights up and down the Hudson river and flying the East Coast Tour. Aircraft: Diamond DA62 pure without any community modifications.

Between those US flights I did two flights in Europe (Northern Germany) - no CTD and remarkibly better Framerates and less stutter.

Is there a special issue only happening in The US?

Another observation: The CTDs allways happened while I zoomed relatively deep into the G1000 screens.

Edited by PTI139

6 minutes ago, PTI139 said:

Another observation: The CTDs allways happened while I zoomed relatively deep into the G1000 screens.

I understand you are not using the G1000 mod, right?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I am affected by this as well. Well over a hundred hours before last patch with maybe one crash. Now it crashes in about 50% of my flights. Extremely annoying as I am doing pretty much all my flying in OnAir these days. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

11 hours ago, Alvega said:

I understand you are not using the G1000 mod, right?

No, no mod - just the default plane.

Crash on the discovery flight for me approaching NYC... seems I'm not the only one. Lots of problems with the US update, including poor performance and stuttering/pauses. I'm wondering if the new high res DEM is to blame, but for now I'll have to remove the world update to get back some decent performance