Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Still having problems with live weather in Update 7

This problem still exists. Sometimes when I load up into an airport, I'll get clear skies with 29.92 even if I hit B key. Thought this problem would've been resolved by now. Sigh.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

yep, still pretty buggy....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Strange, I've been using the US west server mostly. I'll try to switch to european servers to see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then there must be issues with the US servers that they need to look into. I can never get the live weather to consistently work correctly since the the release of MSFS.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, wim123 said:

i never had this problem, european server

Same here. Always live weather on and working. Also from European server 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, DAD said:

Same here. Always live weather on and working. Also from European server 

+ 1 it's always worked and I'm from the UK so likely hitting a European server.

Seems like people who are having live weather problems are using non-european servers then.

46 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Seems like people who are having live weather problems are using non-european servers then.

Easy to check. Those with issues make  select another server and report back

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hold you're horses!!  I'm in the UK and it randomly fails to load live weather - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.  There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

What I found last night is that say I finished one flight, went back to the main menu and started at a different location live weather would not work. If I re booted my PC then went to the new location I had the correct weather

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Sometimes loads, sometimes I have to restart sim. Another thing that has worked is changing from live preset to clear skies and then back to live while in the world menu after loading location or before flight. The biggest problem for me is when live weather doesn't match real weather. Flying into CYYT, weather station said broken at 13,000, visibility about 10-miles, CYYT ATIS said about the same thing, Was overcast all the way down to the ground with visibility less than 1/2 mile. The reported 29.66inHg was the only thing that matched in all three.

The only time I had problems with live weather was back in first few weeks of sims release and then I saw a mention of try and run your game as Administrator. Once I did that I've not had 1 flight that didn't have live weather. Believe it's also been always using USA East server, never have bothered changing it. Have left it on Admin have never seen anyone whom said they used to use and no don't and weather still works fine.

And that belies the fact ATIS is still always wrong on sky conditions, dew point, visibility.