Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Still No Sign of an Mooney Update

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

The overhead lights still don't work. What is wrong with this developer? I've waited months for Carenado to fix the lights and they still have not fix it.

I've seen this movie before.

Yeah...not sure but I want to get verification before I "hate" them again for not fixing such a simple item that would greatly enhance night flying.  Can anyone confirm if in fact those rocker switches are lighted?

Meanwhile...I did a quick test to confirm its not working...however, one thing I REALLY like, that I'm sure is a bug (that I hope they dont fix!!!)...you can move outside the cockpit in cockpit view...which...like in no other airplane, allows you to do a virtual walkaround WITH YOUR FLASHLIGHT! 🙂    Pretty handy at night or when the sun is just coming up. 😉   I hope they never fix this "bug".

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

15 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Yeah...not sure but I want to get verification before I "hate" them again for not fixing such a simple item that would greatly enhance night flying.  Can anyone confirm if in fact those rocker switches are lighted?

Meanwhile...I did a quick test to confirm its not working...however, one thing I REALLY like, that I'm sure is a bug (that I hope they dont fix!!!)...you can move outside the cockpit in cockpit view...which...like in no other airplane, allows you to do a virtual walkaround WITH YOUR FLASHLIGHT! 🙂    Pretty handy at night or when the sun is just coming up. 😉   I hope they never fix this "bug".

They are not working, BUT the transponder finally does. The ELT is still twitchy but better.  AP working great for me too.

I'm flabbergasted by this bird. Just a joy to fly.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm flabbergasted by this bird. Just a joy to fly.

Agree.....very fun to fly, pretty photogenic too. 😉   The AP works great but the universal LTDSAM bug is still impacting all AP lateral functions, esp when trying to let the AP help you in a high workload environment, you know...full IMC in choppy air, trying to chat with SOCAL, switching freqs every 10 secs in the busy LA basin, while you're hoping your AP won't overshoot the LOC. Hehe.

Oh...just realized everyone doesn't know the acronym I've assigned to the bug, as its easier to type. Last Ten Degrees Slow As Molasses 🤣

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

39 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Ouch Bob!

😁  Tongue in cheek - I actually like Carenado, and I love the Mooney.  I just think we have to apply a bit of pressure sometimes to keep them at the job! 👍

As for the inflatable pilot from 'Airplane!', I bet someone will have a mod out for that soon.  With full inflation and deflation animation, and maybe even a keyboard shortcut to get the big grinning face.  😄

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

53 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

😁  Tongue in cheek - I actually like Carenado, and I love the Mooney.  I just think we have to apply a bit of pressure sometimes to keep them at the job! 👍

As for the inflatable pilot from 'Airplane!', I bet someone will have a mod out for that soon.  With full inflation and deflation animation, and maybe even a keyboard shortcut to get the big grinning face.  😄

And the mod would not be complete without Leslie Neilson stepping into the cockpit from time to time, quipping some of his famous lines. 🙂 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I haven't checked Mooney yet, but PA44 fixes pretty much nothing but introduce new bug - ice no longer affect aircraft performance, outside temperature gauge still show erroneous temperature way above actual value. I posted bugs on their facebook and send them an email, but obviously they don't care 😞

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

26 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

but obviously they don't care

I hope I'm not the only one who sees the irony of having the word "care" right in their company name? 🙂

Love the planes when they work...and a little more effort from them would make them 1000% better....but I really don't care anymore (pun NOT intended), will fly the Mooney for what she is...not what I wish they would make her (because that's never gonna happen in my lifetime). 😉 

Not touching the PA44, not that my $29.99 will have an impact on their bottom line, just can't buy it right now with how I feel about the whole situation.  I hope they fix the bugs you reported @sd_flyer... you deserve to have a plane you can fly without obvious bugs. 😞 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Its not a bug, they just forgot to model a colision box when they made the 3D model. Wich is even worse than a bug 😄 but i actually agree, i quite like it that way. 

4 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

made the 3D model

made ported the 3D model. 😉 

Sorry....couldn't resist. 🤣

The one good thing about their indifference is that we're certain to never worry about them going back to a model already making revenue and "fixing" something that is not really broken, and has an actual, desirable side effect. 🙂 

I have no issues with a port over either, as long as they strip any custom code that could...oh I don't know...CTD the app when touching animated cockpit items 🤔 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

24 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

made ported the 3D model. 😉 

Sorry....couldn't resist. 🤣

The one good thing about their indifference is that we're certain to never worry about them going back to a model already making revenue and "fixing" something that is not really broken, and has an actual, desirable side effect. 🙂 

I have no issues with a port over either, as long as they strip any custom code that could...oh I don't know...CTD the app when touching animated cockpit items 🤔 

Exactly. With a source file for the 3D model, the port over is really not that hard. So i guess they have a good business model here..... To make money that is... To make us happy? Not so much...:(

It is your opinion, if you have already made an aircraft for FS, you should know that the 3D model is 30% oft the work, the other 70% are for XML code and textures.

So having the 3D model is not so important that you think (my models: C150, PB-Y5, Canadair CL-215T, Moquito, Mesnestrel HN-433 and HN-700, NC858S).

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

55 minutes ago, lagaffe said:

It is your opinion, if you have already made an aircraft for FS, you should know that the 3D model is 30% oft the work, the other 70% are for XML code and textures.

So having the 3D model is not so important that you think (my models: C150, PB-Y5, Canadair CL-215T, Moquito, Mesnestrel HN-433 and HN-700, NC858S).

Well, that cuts 30% of the work... In my book thats a lot. 

And im sorry to say, but across all forums, you always seem a bit bitter in your responses. Almost as if your thinking to be better than anyone else. I get you did a lot of things for the community, some great stuff, but do we really need to have a p*ssing contest here? 😊

Ps:looks like they reused the same texture too... 

Edited by leprechaunlive

Diverting the conversation to another topic seems to be a very common formula when people run out of arguments.

Simply, you have written a fact that is not validated, so I just took that up and brought a different perspective, based on the REX I was able to establish through my former creations. I publish rather on SOH or FSDeveloper and very little on AVSim so I have enumerated theses ones.

If you're so sure of yourself: let's wait for the release of your freeware and we'll have a basis for discussion or we can also ask the opinion of people like Rob Young, N4gix, Lionheart or others if you want.
Good Day for you.

PS: I don't see any possible comparison between the textures of a PBY with a Canadair or a Dewoitine D551 but I must be too old and need glasses 😄

Edited by lagaffe

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Thanks for everyone who has contributed. I think it's time for Ray to step in shut this one down.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, lagaffe said:

Diverting the conversation to another topic seems to be a very common formula when people run out of arguments.

Simply, you have written a fact that is not validated, so I just took that up and brought a different perspective, based on the REX I was able to establish through my former creations. I publish rather on SOH or FSDeveloper and very little on AVSim so I have enumerated theses ones.

If you're so sure of yourself: let's wait for the release of your freeware and we'll have a basis for discussion or we can also ask the opinion of people like Rob Young, N4gix, Lionheart or others if you want.
Good Day for you.

PS: I don't see any possible comparison between the textures of a PBY with a Canadair or a Dewoitine D551 but I must be too old and need glasses 😄

I was talking about the Mooney textures. Those liveries are the same as the P3D version. And you brought the topic up so i dont really see how im diverting the conversation here. 

And please dont think you'r the only that have acces to top devs for feedback 🙂 

Anyways, doesnt really matter that much 😛