Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Still No Sign of an Mooney Update

5 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I'm wondering if it means they're waiting on another hotfix to push the Mooney update.

Yep, Jayne just posted this in the forums.

Update: We checked with the Marketplace team and what you are currently reading is a bug we have noted. There is an update for some 3rd party content coming out today but isn’t out quite yet (final testing at the moment), so the the messaging is incorrect. When the update is out and we make them publicly available, this confusing messaging will go away.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mooney-m20r-basic-information/277840/1002

But if MS/Asobo fixed the Mooney with the recent hotfix, what will this Carenado update be for?

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

But if MS/Asobo fixed the Mooney with the recent hotfix, what will this Carenado update be for?

https://www.facebook.com/Carenado/posts/3514914435252012

With the last FS2020 update released yesterday our aircraft don´t crash to desktop any more when manipulating certain 3D objects, but some elements such as windows, doors and sunvisors becomes inoperative.
We have submitted a fix for CT182 Skylane and M20R Ovation to Microsoft early this week and hope to send a fixed PA44 Seminole in the next hours.

• Like 1

Thanks CB, but my Mooney sunvisor was moving around just fine last night, not just no CTDs - first thing I tried! 

Maybe it is still affecting certain other systems and settings then?

Or hopefully Carenado have added a bit of extra functionality that was asked for.

I suppose we will have to wait and see.  Not long now! 

PS. I look forward to your next 'pined' post. Genuine thanks for taking the time to do those. 👍

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

@ChaoticBeauty Another thanks from me for your 🌲 posts

Maybe we should start a money collection to get you off that old graphic card so you can finally have clouds in your simulated life (and hopefully not in your real one) 😀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peroni said:

Maybe we should start a money collection to get you off that old graphic card so you can finally have clouds in your simulated life (and hopefully not in your real one) 😀

Yes that is a sad situation for him.  For all of his loyalty and good publicity, I think MS/Asobo owe him at least a 3080. 😁

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, peroni said:

Thanks, I really appreciate the thought! I will probably have a new GPU within the next two months when the mid-range models are out, unless the painful supply issues persist. Really can't wait to get back into the simulator. As much as I dislike it in its current state, I'm starting the miss the beautiful visuals before the recent issues.

• Like 2

Just thinking... on the joint Asobo and Carenado fixes, maybe they are both tackling the same problem from different ends.

E.g. Asobo by capturing CTD events better, and Carenado by making their code more compatible with Asobos default aircraft.

Can't hurt.  I just hope we don't  end up with a double set of sunvisors! 😄

• Like 1

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1-11-7-0.png

New version numbers after update:

1-11-7-1.png

Edited by espent

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

A brief summary - it obviously mentions the fixes to the CTD's

Fixed some transponder issues.
Fixed the altitude selector knob crash.
Fixed fuel selector and HSI operation.
Fixed a yoke and tablet visibility issue (whatever that was - not sure I saw that one).

It also says improvements to the electrical system. 
So, did they fix the lighting on the overhead panel?  I can't get to my sim until tonight to check it.

All in all though, seems like it's not a bad update.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

So, did they fix the lighting on the overhead panel?  I can't get to my sim until tonight to check it.

I'll check to day. I don't mean to be negative but, I doubt that the overhead lighting and the EGT are fixed.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

The overhead lights still don't work. What is wrong with this developer? I've waited months for Carenado to fix the lights and they still have not fix it.

I've seen this movie before.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

47 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The overhead lights still don't work. What is wrong with this developer? I've waited months for Carenado to fix the lights and they still have not fix it.

I've seen this movie before.

Yes, and I think that movie is "Airplane!". 

All they need to do now add the inflatable pilot from that movie to the passenger seat in the internal model, and that would make it about right for them! 😄

Edited by bobcat999

Ouch Bob!

Just loading up now... curious to see what has been updated... that makes 3 updates in the past few days... so at least they are all TRYING...

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper