Sign in to follow this  
Car147

wow, i have seen it all now!

4 hours ago, Tom_L said:

I just looked at their "New York Super Night Light enhancement" - it has a 5-star review! 

No doubt posted by the 'developer' themselves, a friend or a bot.

Or a fool easily parted from their money.

• Like 4

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I purchase from Simmarket and check their site daily but you have to look through the weeds to find the good stuff.

Let's see, this MSFS 2020 launched in August. Since day one until this very day aircraft physics are very unrealistic.

Many people tried and try different adjustments and keep on complaining while ASOBO MSFS 2020 developers do not fix the issues.

ASOBO MSFS 2020 sells a product with multiple issues starting at over $ 50,00 and people buy like crazy without complaining.

This guy spent lots of time and created a software that is fixing a big flaw for MSFS 2020, he's fine tuning the airplanes the way they fly and is blamed for asking money for his work?

Don't buy it if you think that is no good, Simmarket can't test and verify all the products, that's why they have a "REVIEW" option.

Nobody is blaming or calling robbery Microsoft/ASOBO for selling or not fixing the product.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

4 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Let's see, this MSFS 2020 launched in August. Since day one until this very day aircraft physics are very unrealistic.

Many people tried and try different adjustments and keep on complaining while ASOBO MSFS 2020 developers do not fix the issues.

ASOBO MSFS 2020 sells a product with multiple issues starting at over $ 50,00 and people buy like crazy without complaining.

This guy spent lots of time and created a software that is fixing a big flaw for MSFS 2020, he's fine tuning the airplanes the way they fly and is blamed for asking money for his work?

Don't buy it if you think that is no good, Simmarket can't test and verify all the products, that's why they have a "REVIEW" option.

Nobody is blaming or calling robbery Microsoft/ASOBO for selling or not fixing the product.

FBW A320 works fine for free and the systems have been improved no end., certainly does not need a tweak costing nearly 18 Euro

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

8 minutes ago, Car147 said:

FBW A320 works fine for free and the systems have been improved no end., certainly does not need a tweak costing nearly 18 Euro

Unfortunately besides the A320 we have some other airplanes that suffer from bad aircraft physics being very unrealistic.

Again, not to argue here but this "developer" is not taking money out of your pocket.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 10:04 PM, killthespam said:

Unfortunately besides the A320 we have some other airplanes that suffer from bad aircraft physics being very unrealistic.

Again, not to argue here but this "developer" is not taking money out of your pocket.

Certainly isn't. and never will.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

To be fair this isn't exactly a new phenomenon. We all know of the several dubious 'developers' who package some easily-created approach files, some flight plans or some such, then bundle them up in a zip file as though it's some kind of wonderful adventure, when such things barely even warrant being freeware. It's been going on for years.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 12/14/2020 at 5:19 PM, omarsmak30 said:

Simmarket should do their job vetting things like this, last time I saw pure rob of sceneries from Google Earth for MSFS

Seems it's still going on: https://secure.simmarket.com/fly-by-fleepe-london-mega-map-msfs.phtml I really wonder how SimMarket thinks that some no-name developer has managed to create protogrammetry of all of central London all by themselves.

The developer's screenshot of even has the same colour difference where half of Buckingham Palace Garden is noticably paler and less saturated, which you can also find on Google Earth:
248812_6.png
https://earth.google.com/web/search/buckingham+palace/@51.50238197,-0.14219437,10.21778787a,1210.50936851d,35y,47.6617767h,70.1508149t,359.99999914r/data=CigiJgokCVhd1XgDwElAEXeo5SX9vElAGei073hsBMG_IVB-6zhh38e_

Edited by JacquesBrel
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Zero vetting process

I tend to be outraged too when I see products such as mentioned in this thread, but on second thought I'd rather choose myself if a product is up to my standards than letting someone else decide what's good enough or not. What standard should simmarket apply in a "vetting process"? Is a Carenado airplane worthy of being sold on their platform, although it lacks the fidelity of the A2A counterpart? Where should they draw the line? That said, IPR infringements are a line not to be crossed for sure and I'm a bit astonished no one over at simmarket has realized the obvious in case of the "Fly by Fleepe" guy.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

On 12/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, Car147 said:

Improved flight physics for MSFS  17 eur . any takers lol.... Robbery imo

https://secure.simmarket.com/brazil-land-games-aircraft-improved-physics.phtml

That video on the left is using rudder control proportionally, such as proper pedals. Whilst that on the right exhibits the behaviours when you try and fly with a controller (XBOX etc) or the keyboard - either full on or off, no in-between.

Scandalous!

I contacted SimMarket yesterday regarding the London Scenery blatantly ripped from Google Earth, and provided them with the example from Buckingham Palace Garden. Their response was that they would ask the developer about it.

Today I saw this new addition to SimMarket: https://secure.simmarket.com/fly-by-fleepe-rome-old-city-photogrametry_msfs.phtml Needless to say it's trivial to find exact matches with Google Earth, like the construction site in front of the Colosseum, and the flags on half mast in front of Altare della Patria (which the "developer" by the way has placed halfway into the ground and completely misaligned with the underlying orthophoto in MFS, as evident from the sceenshot on SimMarket)

I think it's safe to say that SimMarket has no vetting process at all, especially not when they have already been made aware of the developer using stolen content.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JacquesBrel said:

I contacted SimMarket yesterday regarding the London Scenery blatantly ripped from Google Earth, and provided them with the example from Buckingham Palace Garden. Their response was that they would ask the developer about it.

Today I saw this new addition to SimMarket: https://secure.simmarket.com/fly-by-fleepe-rome-old-city-photogrametry_msfs.phtml Needless to say it's trivial to find exact matches with Google Earth, like the construction site in front of the Colosseum, and the flags on half mast in front of Altare della Patria (which the "developer" by the way has placed halfway into the ground and completely misaligned with the underlying orthophoto in MFS, as evident from the sceenshot on SimMarket)

I think it's safe to say that SimMarket has no vetting process at all, especially not when they have already been made aware of the developer using stolen content.

It seems that Simmarket has become desperate and are reluctant to give up any revenue source, regardless of where or how it gets to them.  Out of principle,  even though I have bought from them for about 10 years, they won't see any more money from me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It seems that Simmarket has become desperate and are reluctant to give up any revenue source, regardless of where or how it gets to them.  Out of principle,  even though I have bought from them for about 10 years, they won't see any more money from me.

I have spent quite a bit with them recently, but really considering that now with the state of some of their offerings. I have one addon bought from there i still cannot use as it over writes the asobo textures on aprons on other airfileds.

To be fair the dev has promised to fix it, (he did send an update, but it still remained the same) and said he was going to re- write the addon over the weekend.

23 minutes ago, ErichB said:

it look an over reaction to me - sorry to say

as currently there is one dev mentioned above that put that google staff into addons

simmarket will remove it; give them the time they need.

My biggest problem with them is that there is "No Refunds Policy" and even you try to sort it out reading any reviews you have to be very careful, I noticed people giving honest reviews and right away there is a conflict of interest when the "publisher" answers back and tries to imply somehow that the customer is wrong. 

As an example a verified customer gave a evaluation that the developer did not like and right away they answered: 

"AMAZING, MY SIMULATOR IMPROVED THE PHYSICS A LOT, THIS IS MORE REAL THAN BEFORE!
I highly recommend this addon!"

So, yes, rightfully so I can see why customers stay shy of SimMarket.