Sign in to follow this  
Yosserhughes

X Box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yQW5KSPa3w

Hi I have been watching the above video and was wondering if it would be worth waiting on FS 2020 to be released for X Box? My current PC is 13 years old and I am not in a position at present  to purchase a new one to run  2020, so I thought X box would be a good alternative specially with the new products in the video becoming available..Any thoughts? would I be missing out on any features that I could only get with a new pc..Thank You...John

1 minute ago, Yosserhughes said:

Hi I have been watching the above video and was wondering if it would be worth waiting on FS 2020 to be released for X Box? My current PC is 13 years old and I am not in a position at present  to purchase a new one to run  2020, so I thought X box would be a good alternative specially with the new products in the video becoming available..Any thoughts? would I be missing out on any features that I could only get with a new pc..Thank You...John

I'd say is hard to answer this question at the moment. I'd say, let's wait until the MSFS release on X-Box and see how the community will preserve it. It could be bad, could be good, no body knows at the moment 🙂

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I have a hard time understanding how a flight sim can be interesting without the opportunity to take part in community add-ons and hardware accessories.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

28 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I have a hard time understanding how a flight sim can be interesting without the opportunity to take part in community add-ons and hardware accessories.

Xbox will have both although wrt the add-ons only if available via the marketplace. My current peripherals can be unplugged from my pc and plugged into my Series X.

CJ

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Oh i dont know, explore the entire planet maybe? 

2 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Xbox will have both although wrt the add-ons only if available via the marketplace. My current peripherals can be unplugged from my pc and plugged into my Series X.

CJ

Is that true?  I've heard that USB peripherals on the XBox require a security chip, so existing PC peripherals won't work, and people will need to get all new input devices that are XBox supported/licensed.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

13 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Is that true?  I've heard that USB peripherals on the XBox require a security chip, so existing PC peripherals won't work, and people will need to get all new input devices that are XBox supported/licensed.

Yes, XBox hardware requires a security chip so you get quite limited when it comes to accessories, but what I would miss the most are add-on software and community add-ons.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

14 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

If "Drivehub" works like I think it should then that won't be a problem. People have been using it for years to use their PC wheels on xBox in Forza games. They might need to revise it for more imputs though as currently there are only 2 for joystick and one other that is for wheels only. Although that one might just work for a yoke.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

4 hours ago, Yosserhughes said:

X-Box may not support many of the community add-ons that currently work with the PC version of MSFS:

1. Will VATSIM, IVAO, PilotEdge, or any of the other ATC networks for MSFS?
2. Not all 3rd party releases for MSFS will be in the XBox MSFS marketplace.  For example, somebody mentioned that mentioned the owner of simaddons.com probably won't release their airports in the MSFS marketplace.
3. Even if 3rd party releases for MSFS make it into the MSFS marketplace, sometimes it takes one month or longer for them to make it in.  If you have a PC, you can get them as soon as they are released at the 3rd party website and not wait for them to show up in the MSFS marketplace.
4. Not all PC peripherals will work on the XBox.
5. Will stuff like LittleNav work on XBox?  There are so many community made add-ons for MSFS and it's not a given they will also work on XBox.

If you are only interested in a bare bones flight simulator and you don't plan to get more serious in flight simming, then XBox may make more sense for you.  If you plan to get more serious about flight simming and do stuff like VATSIM, use LittleNav, get more extensive and realistic peripherals, etc. you definitely want to get a PC for MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Honeycomb hardware for XBOX i don`t think that`s bear bones, and Logitech already do flight sticks that can be used on XBOX, and i suspect third party`s will want to find a way of getting into a marketplace with more users

and MS will want it.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 12/14/2020 at 10:16 AM, Ixoye said:

The Xbox is virtually guaranteed to support the built-in marketplace.  Xbox also supports keyboard and mouse, and companies like Honeycomb have announced flight sim hardware specifically for it.

You could conceivably have a "full" flight sim experience on the Xbox, if you really wanted it.

Can you imagine if in a year or 3 we are all on the Xbox and we have dumped our computers and FS2020 runs really well on xbox, no more upgrading your pc, graphic cards etc, and I guess it wud be cheaper too, X box is how much, 300 to 400 pounds??... I mean...... you can pay 1 2 3 thousand pounds for a new pc to run your flightsim. will be keeping a close eye on this one!

Regards

Paul EGCC

On 12/15/2020 at 6:30 AM, abrams_tank said:

X-Box may not support many of the community add-ons that currently work with the PC version of MSFS:

There seems to be a currently unused section in the marketplace for "free" addons.

Possibly that has been set aside to eventually allow people creating freeware to submit it to Microsoft for checking and adding to the marketplace for use with Xbox ?

Though, that said, they take up to a month to approve payware so it will be interesting to see how they cope with a deluge of freeware.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

15 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There seems to be a currently unused section in the marketplace for "free" addons.

Possibly that has been set aside to eventually allow people creating freeware to submit it to Microsoft for checking and adding to the marketplace for use with Xbox ?

Though, that said, they take up to a month to approve payware so it will be interesting to see how they cope with a deluge of freeware.

There is at least one free addon in the marketplace already - Paderborn airport.

Edited by CJ1045