Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How do I reduce the load times?

My loading time of the sim from start to setup has gone from 10 minutes to 20 min now. I've been adding freewares so that is probably the cause.

7:43 start finished at 7:53 = 10 minutes
9:25 start finished at 9:45 = 20 minutes

I've disabled many of the freewares using the linker.

Is there no other way than disabling all the freewares and paywares and enabling them just when I want to fly there?

Maybe I should not use all those amazing freeware cities and wait for ASOBO to update since they load dynamically unlike paywares and Freewares..

I thought maybe Once I load the fsim, I should not close my PC from the evening. I have tried it..but it doesnwork since MSFS freezes the next morning I just leave it as is. I have to load the sim at least once a day. It doesn't stay live overnight. Anyone managed to leave it overnight and were able to use the sim?

Payware. It doesn't include Orbx or FSDT since they are already linked and I don't use this tool to mess with those. 🙂

payware

Freeware

Capture.jpgCapture2.jpgCapture3.jpgCapture4.jpgCapture5.jpg

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I found in many cases that those google earth cities are causing these massive loading issues, however exception of course these with few landmarks or small ones but when I see ones like 1gb and over, I avoid these. 

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

13 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I found in many cases that those google earth cities are causing these massive loading issues, however exception of course these with few landmarks or small ones but when I see ones like 1gb and over, I avoid these. 

Oh so I just see the folder size for each of those and note down the ones with over  1GB. Thanks for that suggestion. 🙂

hERE IS MY LIST THAT NEEDS TO GO ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK. 🙂

SIZE.jpg

Edited by Manny

Manny

I have all my 3rd party addon airfield in the community folder, never mess with it. But I do and will not have any freeware mods in there I will not use for a given flight.

From Desktop to the MSFS home to set a flight, around 1 min but never timed it.

Rename your community folder and see what you get, you really already know your problem.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Jusy enable ONLY mods your going to use. I mainly use the sim for development , i have NO mods at all, and the sim takes 30seconds to 1 minute to load. 

Your loading times suggest you are probably not using an ssd or better an NvMe N2 disk !
Such  disks speed up game loading.

• Like 1

I use the linker, too, which reduced my loading time considerably. However, as I expected, it was only a matter of time that loading times would stack up again, even if I only load a certain region (e.g. US West).

Next, should I make the selection more granular up to the State level, or Sub-State-Level, ... or neighborhood level...?

Maybe it's really the freeware which I added, perhaps too uncritical and should review. On the other hand, I think Asobo should take action at a point.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Those cities are what is killing you.   Even the well optimized ones can have a couple thousand files in them.  Some of the poorly optimized ones -- of which there are many, if you're not selective -- can have tens of thousands of files.    I do do a  lot of selective enabling, but I have a couple of presets for major global areas stored in Addons Linker that makes it easier.

If nothing else, you should try to make sure you don't have any of those 3d cities enabled if you're not going to be using one.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ctdlg said:

Your loading times suggest you are probably not using an ssd or better an NvMe N2 disk !

i AM USING nVmE n2 DISK. 🙂

Manny

5 minutes ago, ctdlg said:

Yeah I think so too.i have 119gb in my community folder and my sim starts in about 2 minutes from clicking on the icon to the world map and faster when I hit fly 

1 minute ago, Manny said:

i AM USING nVmE n2 DISK. 🙂

And it's still talking that long?

Just now, devgrp said:

And it's still talking that long?

yup. I have the fasted intel CPU but graphics card has 8 GB but its a 400$ card. I can't find any 3080 or 3090. thats my weakest link.

Manny

Just now, Manny said:

yup. I have the fasted intel CPU but graphics card has 8 GB but its a 400$ card. I can't find any 3080 or 3090. thats my weakest link.

I see in the screenshot you have 3 lsgk, maybe that could be the problem. Maybe a conflict to

The best way is to press the windows key, open browser, and read or post on AVSIM. 😀

Then once loaded to the menu, hit fly, then go back to AVSIM. 😀

It works every time.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

And do you trim your NvMe N2 disk from time to time ? (this is done by using "defrag" (W10 knows it will not defrag but trim it !)