hi,

i've received two or three order confirmation.in the last hours

it is an error!

please fix this issue with your site.

my orders are many years old

regards 

d k 

Hi,

Have you tried to open the link inside the e-mail? It goes to a page that says they're only upgrading our accounts, you are not being charged.

Regards,

Bruno

Bruno Duarte

I also received this email, also without an order for years. I would never follow such a link as it is an unsolicited email; it is quite suspicious. The message itself should be clearer if this is part of an upgrade. 

Edited by Cognita

Dan Scott

If I get an email with a link, I hover the mouse over the link. It then shows the actual address of the link that is being opened. In phishing emails, that link goes to some obscure places. The link in the Airline2sim message goes to their web server. I actually preferred to type it in, just in case. It is a legit email, but yes, the communication could have been clearer.

Peter 

I reported it as spam. They should not allow this to happen.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just got an updated Email from Airline2Sim:

READY TO FLY THE AIRBUS A320?

New Program Launching Soon

I know it's been a while since you last heard from me and I'll be the first to say that we've been off the radar for too long this year. But 2020 has been an exceptional 12 months for many of the wrong reasons and I'm happy to say that we're back with a new training program launching in the next few days!

A European wonder of electronic trickery, the Airbus A320 is a technological marvel and now you can learn how to fly it with a real Airbus pilot as we tackle challenging destinations all across Europe.

It's been a huge amount of work, with over 21 episodes covering almost every aspect of operating the Airbus A320 family and it wouldn't be Airline2Sim without a friendly new real airline pilot to do the teaching. I'm genuinely so excited to bring you our best program so far, with a special launch discount for you  as a thank you for supporting Airline2Sim over the years. 

75cb19bd-348f-48a0-91e6-3d74a48c8336.png
Your account just got an upgrade

Not only are we launching a brand new training program, but we're also moving all existing accounts across to our new website platform with faster servers, a cleaner and simpler interface and some cool new features to help you learn the complex birds even faster.

Today you may have already recieved one or more 'thanks for your order' emails from us but don't worry, you won't have to do a thing. This is simply us notifying you that your previous purchases have been processed by the new system (you have of course NOT been charged for this upgrade). Once our new site is up and running over the next few days we'll email you again to let you know where to find your old purchases. In the meantime, if you need to know your ALT SEL from your VNAV SPEED, the current website and your existing logins work as usual.
a068aa87-fa28-4709-ad08-73468a78e341.png
Have a wonderful festive break

We can and willl serve you better in 2021 -
  • a better website
  • a chat app so you can reach out to us instantly
  • your questions for our real pilot team answered
  • new and very cool simulator products (Global Voices, you'll love it)
  • and of course more amazing training programs with the 787, 737 all on the 747 drawing board for the real pilot treatment. 
All that remains for me is to wish you a Happy Christmas and relaxing festive season through what has been a turbulent and stressful year for many, us included.

Look out for that discount code in your inbox over the next few days! And here's to more flights whether virtually or in the real world in 2021. Keep the blue side up, Captains!

e9aae0f2-c913-4d49-a8d9-a89517c3c063.png
@Airline2Sim

oh, and here's a sneaky peak at the Airbus (you didn't think I'd forgotten did you?)

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Apologies for the confusion. We omitted to select the option for customers to NOT be notified when importing their old purchases. Too much brandy in the Christmas Pudding. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

On 12/24/2020 at 9:36 PM, edpatino said:

I reported it as spam. They should not allow this to happen.

Cheers, Ed

What are you talking about?!

I was confused as well - granted, the information could have been a bit clearer... but the email is legit. The information contained within the email is legit and the link is not malicious! 

Yes - as already said and stipulated, the information could have been clearer, but to hyperbolicly state the emails as spam and classifying them as illegal, is a bit of a stretch, IMO.

Good to hear from you again, Ben! I'm glad you're picking up the torch again. Looking forward to new training programs from your excellent hands! 

Cheers and happy holidays.

• Upvote 1

🙂