Sign in to follow this  
anitelite

Live Weather working ?

4 hours ago, Denwagg said:

Video I made today flight the CJ4 into real weather cold front KGSP Greenville SC to Knoxville RNAV IFR Approach

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCecne1NRDOmM8TGKcjYaz3Q

regards

I flew into KAPT near Chattanooga TN not far west of Knoxville in that same weather this morning in the CJ4 (AirHauler sent me there). Broke out right at minimums on RNAV approach at about 900 AGL. One of those sim 'wow' moments for sure....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I flew earlier today about 10hrs ago in the U.S.  And it was almost spot on with the metar report. One thing I have noticed is the weather has gotten a lot more accurate depiction in the sim matching the real world metars... But the thing I notice is when I bring up ATIS or AWOS to the arrival airport when it broadcasts on the radio it usually gets the winds right, temps, altimeter and visibility.  But altitude of the clouds is usually always reported the same like scattered 600, 4000 and like 11,500ft.  But as far as depiction in the sim it is fairly right.  It's just ATIS and AWOS broadcast is not reporting right on cloud layers. But seems to be depicting weather more accurate in the sim as the sim matures.

My 2 cent's......Happy Landings,

Edited by jwhak

Around here, Iberian Peninsula, has been rather accurate during the last weeks.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

For me, it's MOSTLY accurate. Was really disappointed flying into Newcastle before Christmas. I flew in, partial cloud. Beautiful day really. Then was dismayed to see two other aircraft perform go arounds (vat sim) So tuned back into the radio to hear the weather report as fog and rain. No such weather for me. I did purchase REX weather but they couldn't produce the weather to METAR either. Plus it seems REX only has one cloud layer?!? Where's the volume? 

• Like 2

103903.png

On 1/1/2021 at 5:24 PM, ahsmatt7 said:

I’ve been keeing an eye on Chicago snow accumulation in the sim. Virtually non existent. The snow fall accumulation is the only real issue I’m having with the weather. 

There’s no dynamic accumulation, it just appears when the data set gets updated to say there is snow on the ground.

I think REX does accumulation.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There’s no dynamic accumulation, it just appears when the data set gets updated to say there is snow on the ground.

I think REX does accumulation.

That’s what I assumed happens but I’m curious as to the lag of the reported data getting to the sim. It’s been white in Chicago for about 3 plus days and nothing is showing in the sim. How long do you suppose the lag is?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just tried flying around Innsbruck, METAR temperature was -1, sim temperature +15. Weirdly it does have the snow coverage on the ground, though.

• Like 1

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

South America time working faithfully. We are in the middle of summer. As for Rex, there is a need to restart the flight with a clear sky and then activate the on-line mechanism, followed by ready to fly.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On 1/2/2021 at 3:31 AM, Kgbow said:

Plus it seems REX only has one cloud layer?!? 

False, Weather Force can create up to 3 layers, the same with the simulator.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

13 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

That’s what I assumed happens but I’m curious as to the lag of the reported data getting to the sim. It’s been white in Chicago for about 3 plus days and nothing is showing in the sim. How long do you suppose the lag is?

I have no idea. it snowed here yesterday but no snow in the sim.

This is probably something we need to report to Asobo.

Live weather not so great in Northeast Pennsylvania.

• In real life, fully overcast, moderate snow/rain mixture falling and the ground is white.
  • In MSFS, mostly overcast (sun visible thru clouds), no precipitation, and no snow on the ground at all.
  • Using unrealweather live weather mod, mostly cloudy with some blue sky, no precipitation, and no snow on the ground at all. But the rainbow is nice to look at, I guess.

If I customize the weather settings I can get it pretty close to what it looks like here in real life. But of course I don't want to change it manually at every new METAR station..

Edited by NightOfDreams

On 1/2/2021 at 1:38 AM, jwhak said:

But altitude of the clouds is usually always reported the same like scattered 600, 4000 and like 11,500ft. 

Yep, I've been using Live Weather since release date and dont think I've ever heard ATIS report clouds other than "few clouds at 600, few clouds at 4600" etc. Doesnt matter if it's overcast or totally clear skies.

6 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

Live weather not so great in Northeast Pennsylvania.

• In real life, fully overcast, moderate snow/rain mixture falling and the ground is white.
  • In MSFS, mostly overcast (sun visible thru clouds), no precipitation, and no snow on the ground at all.
  • Using unrealweather live weather mod, mostly cloudy with some blue sky, no precipitation, and no snow on the ground at all. But the rainbow is nice to look at, I guess.

If I customize the weather settings I can get it pretty close to what it looks like here in real life. But of course I don't want to change it manually at every new METAR station..

wow is that normal? just installed unreal weather was hoping for accurate depiction of the METAR at least?

not only that but not seeing it listed in weather profiles which is weird?

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

In Berlin and region it is snowfalling and white since the morning in real life, ingame  there´s no snow on the ground, but snow is at least falling (and in a comparable rate visually, like what I see right now when I look out of the window).

Edited by Rucki