Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

Virtualcol B99 is out

19 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

So we are tucked in behind the aircraft & it banks left & the left aileron deflects down ilo up, then the right aileron is visually deflecting up?

But  the aircraft goes left. This means the visual aileron deflection is not driving the banking, its for effect rather than pragmatic?

I'll probably get this one, dearth of new planes in MSFS, not a break the Bank price & I have some of their other output. Not stellar, but flyable.

It's a Beechcraft, a new shape in the sky etc, & hopefully some refinement updates along the way.

T45

In that case then yes.  The visual effect is decoupled from the aerodynamic one.

There are a few things like this.  The other day I had raindrops running backwards!  They knew what they had to do and how fast, they were just going the wrong way. :biggrin:

PS.  This is easily fixable.  Just a few lines of code they got backwards somewhere, hopefully!

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

In that case then yes.  The visual effect is decoupled from the aerodynamic one.

There are a few things like this.  The other day I had raindrops running backwards!  They knew what they had to do and how fast, they were just going the wrong way. :biggrin:

PS.  This is easily fixable.  Just a few lines of code they got backwards somewhere, hopefully!

Yes, & I have had snow descending, picturesquely, right through the cockpit of a Cub.

An Asobo innovation, I suspect.😃

• Like 1

FlzvHWg.png

44 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Its an easy fix, but not a code one. Just flip the windshield UVs upside down. i guess they didnt read the SDK 🙂

Edited by leprechaunlive
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

FlzvHWg.png

Its an easy fix, but not a code one. Just flip the windshield UVs upside down. i guess they didnt read the SDK 🙂

Yep we pay for them to learn LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I just had a look at the latest 2 star review on SMkt & I'm a sit & wait now, until some of the numerous issues raised are remediated.

Pity, I like the Beechcraft's.😬

T45

26 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Yep we pay for them to learn LOL

Im baffled as to how they didnt see all those problems themselves. Just looking at the PR screenshots was enough to know that this wasnt ready. Pity, because it would not take a crazy amount of work to make it acceptable.

• Like 1

Just now, leprechaunlive said:

Im baffled as to how they didnt see all those problems themselves. Just looking at the PR screenshots was enough to know that this wasnt ready. Pity, because it would not take a crazy amount of work to make it acceptable.

I agree. I didn't expect B99 be perfect but it some places like overhead panel it's frankly appalling. It should have never been released like that. 

While we are all starve for new add on aircraft I don't think it was right way of handling business.

• Like 1

So version 1.5 came out the other day with 3 fixes,  no version 1.1 to 1.4.

Now there is a new version 1.5 with several fixes:

• Sound issues and volume solved
  • Flaps issues fixed
  • Engines power solved
  • VOR2 indicator set with NAV2
  • Error in external model mapping of fin below v-tail
  • Color of central levers, changed
  • Flight dynamics fixed

Certainly aren't helping themselves with the versioning of their fixes, I almost didn't bother checking given the version nr had not changed.  Love to get feedback on version 2 of the version 1.5 patch from current users now regarding its landing behaviour.

Version 1.5 still "shines"

unknown.png?width=2153&height=1211

Just compare air vent with ATS P149, it's not only better but also you can move it

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Version 1.5 still "shines"

Just compare air vent with ATS P149, it's not only better but also you can move it

True, but in addition to the air vents moving - like that matters - the pilots also move outside the exterior model on the ATS P-149, like they're part of the Philadelphia Experiment lol, which doesn't occur with the Beech 99 model, so there's pros and cons to the modelling of both of them, and of the two I think I prefer my pilots in the cockpit on the exterior view, rather than worrying about whether my air vent nozzles swivel about. 🤣

Back with the Beech 99 patch though, there are some useful fixes in the recent patch, notably changing the colour of the mixture levers, which were kind of hard to see in their original colour, and it flies a bit better too, so you can't really fault how fast they are getting on the fixes, although admittedly their my be a bit of Scotty's Old Trick going on with that, where you tell the Captain that a fix which takes and 30 mins will take two hours, then do it in just under one hour, in order to keep your reputation as a miracle worker and still not have to rush. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 hours ago, Chock said:

True, but in addition to the air vents moving - like that matters - the pilots also move outside the exterior model on the ATS P-149, like they're part of the Philadelphia Experiment lol, which doesn't occur with the Beech 99 model, so there's pros and cons to the modelling of both of them, and of the two I think I prefer my pilots in the cockpit on the exterior view, rather than worrying about whether my air vent nozzles swivel about. 🤣

😉

I've seen some people have it but I guess it depends on livery. The one  I flew didn't have this "social distanced people". 

OF course your preferences are your preferences but if textures worse than default than it  should be a freeware

Version 1.5 has improved it a lot imho - I can now land the thing! Only done one proper flight so far and it followed the flight plan well, and with careful management of speed and flaps I did a nice landing at about 110 knots which is correct for this plane. The variety of liveries is very welcome too.

It's a shame OnAir doesn't list this aircraft, since, despite some iffy cockpit textures it is a nice alternative to other twins and their glass panels.

Edited by MorrisMinor

I was severely disappointed at first, but after the latest update this silly plane is growing on me (slowly).

It’s flyable, it seems like they’re trying to improve the textures, and the ancient-ness is intruiging.

Perhaps the community will find a way to update the interior textures via mods in the community folder?

Just did a New Haven to KBDL run in the latest version and “Pilgrim Air” livery and rather enjoyed it, as basic as it is.

Steve

I've searched Youtube and cannot find a video of this thing.  Can someone post a video?  I'd like to see and hear it in action before buying.

Thanks!

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy