Sign in to follow this  
GerryJ01

KA350i dead instrument panel and interior lighting

I have a dead instrument panel and interior lighting on the KA350i, and interior lighting problems with the 310R, PC-6 and Piper Twin Comanche as well. (B55 and DHC-2 are ok.) PFDs and MFD don’t work, weirdly show magnified portions of the instrument panel. RTU, ESIS and FMS are also inop. Switches on the instrument panel work, (I can start the engines blind) but no lights on the panel, not even press-to-test. No cabin or cockpit lights work either (exterior lights do work). With Avionics Master Power on I can hear fans/gyros but nothing visual. 

I’ve been flying the excellent King Air (and other MilViz GA aircraft) for months. After cloning my 1TB HDD to a 1TB SSD about a week ago all appeared to be working well but now this. I have tried multiple uninstall/reinstalls. I’m quite adept at it after keeping up with every beta this year. Uninstalled via Control Panel-Programs and Features. Deleted any remaining folders in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and C:\Users\.....\AppData. Rebooted computer between each uninstall/reinstall. Disabled anti-virus before reinstalling. Tried a previous version too with the same result. Also removed all other troubled MilViz aircraft and MVAMS as well.

Other aircraft are working fine so I’m hoping to find a solution that doesn’t include completely uninstalling P3D.

I have posted this in the KA350 support forum on MilViz.com but thought I’d try my luck here too. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Gerry

P3D version 4.5.14.34698, 64 bit Windows 10, i5-7400 @ 3.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 3GB Video

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

Hi Gerry

Seems you have covered most of the general steps to install and troubleshoot the issue.

Some steps shared over the past week to isolate similar problems:

1. Create a separate local account on your PC and then run P3D on the account to check if the issue persists. If it doesn't, then the problem can be localised to some setting/configuration/addon on the problem user account;
  2. If you want to remain on the same account, try renaming/deleting your current Prepar3D.cfg - path should be C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 (v5 in my case but yours should list your P3D version);
  3. Have you tried a repair install? Elaine (Poppet) had a comprehensive guide on troubleshooting which you could try:
  4. On a final note, have you tried running the Ka350i with either (or both) Trueglass and Reallight disabled, preferably Trueglass first and then check. This won't resolve issues with the other addons that you have mentioned but specifically for the KA350i. If that does not work, do you have a separate GPU that you could test?

Hope this helps

Nothing  but crickets here or at MilViz.com but I got a solution from a member of the Prepar3d P3D Users Group in Facebook. "Under Panels folder in 350’s directory there is a Legacy Renderer folder. Try taking all those files and overwriting stuff in the panel folder." Worked! I had already resolved the lights problem with a complete remove/reinstall of all addons and P3D.

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

On 1/8/2021 at 1:21 AM, GerryJ01 said:

Nothing  but crickets here or at MilViz.com but I got a solution from a member of the Prepar3d P3D Users Group in Facebook. "Under Panels folder in 350’s directory there is a Legacy Renderer folder. Try taking all those files and overwriting stuff in the panel folder." Worked! I had already resolved the lights problem with a complete remove/reinstall of all addons and P3D.

To be fair that resolution is covered in numerous threads on the support forum, it isn't secret 😛

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Your best recourse is always our support forum. Many times another user has had the issue and you will find a solution without having to go through a lengthy troubleshooting process.

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

On 1/8/2021 at 9:21 AM, GerryJ01 said:

Hi, can you share how it is done? I am having the same problem

On 9/1/2021 at 7:20 AM, yuyicheng1990 said:

Hi, can you share how it is done? I am having the same problem

On 9/1/2021 at 7:20 AM, yuyicheng1990 said:

"Under Panels folder in 350’s directory there is a Legacy Renderer folder. Try taking all those files and overwriting stuff in the panel folder."

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

Hi Steve,

May we ask you whether the KA350I is compatible with P3Dv5.3 HF2? OrbX says yes and Milviz says...?

Thanks and regards

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Several people are using it but may need legacy render files. The WXR part is broken though and can cause crashes if you try to use it.

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

On 1/22/2021 at 7:21 AM, kevinfirth said:

To be fair that resolution is covered in numerous threads on the support forum, it isn't secret 😛

Would you please elaborate more on this panel folder. Thank you in advance  

On 1/5/2021 at 8:12 PM, GerryJ01 said:

I have a dead instrument panel and interior lighting on the KA350i, and interior lighting problems with the 310R, PC-6 and Piper Twin Comanche as well. ... 
P3D version 4.5.14.34698, 64 bit Windows 10, i5-7400 @ 3.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 3GB Video

@GerryJ01 Were you able to run the Piper Twin Comanche?  I installed the free version with the GNS 530/430 and REX Weather Radar and purposely avoided installing True Glass which if I recall correctly had problems with the paid version of the C310 from years ago.

Result:  for me selecting the plane results in a crash to desktop. I'm using an i7-8700k, 32 GB RAM and GTX 3060 ti and the last version of P3D v4.5+.

On 2/6/2024 at 3:28 PM, Matt Sdeel said:

@GerryJ01 Were you able to run the Piper Twin Comanche?  I installed the free version with the GNS 530/430 and REX Weather Radar and purposely avoided installing True Glass which if I recall correctly had problems with the paid version of the C310 from years ago.

Result:  for me selecting the plane results in a crash to desktop. I'm using an i7-8700k, 32 GB RAM and GTX 3060 ti and the last version of P3D v4.5+.

I'm running the Piper Twin Commanche successfully in P3D v4.5 with True Glass np.

Have a review of the following thread and feel free to ask any questions.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D