Sign in to follow this  
177B

Replay Mode in FSPlayground is maturing nicely.

can anybody answer my question: does the tool capture the AI traffic?  For example, I started recording at the airport with AI traffic in it. Will those AI planes appear on playback ?

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

Replay mode should be in the game.  Asobo already has a prototype of the replay mode and it's been in prototype for 3 months already.  We just need to push them on releasing replay mode for MSFS, if they already have the prototype of it ready. Upvote this thread so we can get an update from Asobo on the status of their replay mode: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/update-on-replay-mode/351040

•  
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Replay mode should be in the game.  Asobo already has a prototype of the replay mode and it's been in prototype for 3 months already.  We just need to push them on releasing replay mode for MSFS, if they already have the prototype of it ready. Upvote this thread so we can get an update from Asobo on the status of their replay mode: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/update-on-replay-mode/351040

•  

What does Asobo care, they already have our money 

38 minutes ago, lehbird said:

Is there a way (and fairly simply) to generate a "Tower View" with this?

Yes, I use the "DroneCam" use settings to stop following, but still track the plane or turn tracking off as well. Then place camera wherever you want. 

This is easiest to do using a game controller to fly the drone to where you want. 

With a bit of practice you can have a bunch of "action cams" all over the place, with or without follow aiming at the aircraft.

You do have to set this up for each playback at this time.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

43 minutes ago, 177B said:

Yes, I use the "DroneCam" use settings to stop following, but still track the plane or turn tracking off as well. Then place camera wherever you want. 

This is easiest to do using a game controller to fly the drone to where you want. 

With a bit of practice you can have a bunch of "action cams" all over the place, with or without follow aiming at the aircraft.

You do have to set this up for each playback at this time.

Thank you! I am just looking to recreate what I had in FSX and XP11...If I can do that, I will be happy!!

3 hours ago, zorro747 said:

can anybody answer my question: does the tool capture the AI traffic?  For example, I started recording at the airport with AI traffic in it. Will those AI planes appear on playback ?

the question is being ignored...

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

word not allowed.... I need to brush up on my German.

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

3 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Here's the feature set. This is all we know.

image.png.79d6be0ad611a23213f0ab171fc15e

Hi !

I m the developer of FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY v4.5 that will go out soon for MSFS ! I want tell you that my FlightControlReplay Announce,ment about MSFS compatibility is here :

[Progress Update] FlightControlReplay v4.5 in final beta stage - Third Party Addon Discussion / Product Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

and here with a lot of BETA USERS VIDEO!

[v4.5 - Microsoft Flight Simulator] FlightControlReplay v4.5 compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator with Enhanced version (Update - BETA STARTED) - Fabio Merlo Products Support Forum - The simFlight Network Forums

Thanks

Fabio

• Like 1

Good news from FSPG developers.

Progress-Report

They just released an update.

Time for some testing..

Dear friends hi!

We are glad to announce our next update focused on track optimization.
The update introduces some experimental changes :

• The first attempt to reduce jitter caused by slow frame rates during recording. If your PC is struggling at keeping a normal pace while flying, the positions recorded suffer from jitter. You can clearly see that if you look at 90 degree views relative to the motion of the plane. This effect is greatly magnified if you have recording errors. The new optimizer, although cannot do miracles for totally crooked tracks, greatly improves the overall quality of the recording. Your feedback is valuable and we will further improve this feature.
  • We now have an option for an alternative positioning engine during playback. You will find it on the Replay tab, labeled "Alternative replay method". It is more useful for external ground views but please try it with your system setups in various scenarios. Provide your feedback to our forum if you want.
  • Another replay optimization, activated in two modes and controlled by the switch labeled "Low FPS". You can try it while replaying a track and watch the results in real time. Your feedback is also very important.

We have seen some clips with extreme jitter. This, most certainly, is due to wrongly configured systems.

If you just want a casual replay, replay performance may be no issue, but if you are a content creator, pay extra attention to the following:

If your PC cannot hit 60 fps or more while recording you have to take special measures to reduce latency and jitter.

• Reduce graphical settings so you have high fps while recording.
  • Use better graphic settings on playback as it is less taxing to your system.
  • Use a recording interval that matches your system's capabilities. If you get errors, do not expect a jitter free playback.

The development will continue for the next version on the track optimization as we feel that there are still things to be improved.

You can always see what we are working on at our "Progress Report" page.

Once again we thank you all for your support and feedback.

Our best regards

Team NVG