Sign in to follow this  
177B

Replay Mode in FSPlayground is maturing nicely.

I’m itching for a replay tool - I know officially asobo are developing it but I’m impatient.  Is this worth a punt?

Thomas Derbyshire

A video I made in Playground of the FBW A320NX.

Love this plane. And the playground makes it easy to really diagnose your landings. This one was visual only no loc or GS.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

1`77B  Can you record a video with FS Playground, or is the video recording done with a separate app ?

7 hours ago, 177B said:

A video I made in Playground of the FBW A320NX.

Love this plane. And the playground makes it easy to really diagnose your landings. This one was visual only no loc or GS.

Looks like a slide show? (Terrible fps)

Or is it me?

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

8 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

1`77B  Can you record a video with FS Playground, or is the video recording done with a separate app ?

I use Bandicam for recording. 

George has recording capability coming, I think it is the next part they is working on. 

I think that will improve the recording of playback. PB w/o recording is much smoother at least on my 4 year old middle range system with 4 monitors running.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Playback in FS Playground is smooth but seems very slow... around half speed at best. Has anyone else got this issue and is there a fix please? Thanks. 

Just got myself a copy of this. Saved and replayed a couple of flights - getting to grips with it and it seems fine so far. Probably more bells and whistles than I need, would have preferred something more tightly integrated like the XPlane function, but I may end up using more of the options and I might end up preferring the additonal controls.

Also did a video recording from one of these replays. Still figuring out what to use for that, but a quick and dirty video using the WIn built-in X-Box Game Bar worked ok.

Overall, pretty smooth replay and video. Not silky smooth yet but done no fine tuning. Running 4k and ultra+ settings but on a 3950 plus Titan, so I guess I finally found a use for all those extra cores!

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, sidfadc said:

I’m itching for a replay tool - I know officially asobo are developing it but I’m impatient.  Is this worth a punt?

Lets hope they still give the PC version some "Love" this year!

They have recently posted that they are working hard on the Xbox version right now...

Chris Camp

5 hours ago, 177B said:

I use Bandicam for recording. 

George has recording capability coming, I think it is the next part they is working on. 

I think that will improve the recording of playback. PB w/o recording is much smoother at least on my 4 year old middle range system with 4 monitors running.

Received the exact mail as well. Opened the app and downloaded the update.

Time for some testing.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/replay-system-anyone-tried-this/347269/51

22 USD for a replay tool is a bit much. I'd find this an attractive proposition for around 10USD.

does the tool capture AI traffic as well?

Edited by zorro747

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

The videos doesnt show the control surfaces moving in playback. How does the extension of flaps and spoilers work and look like in the replay?

Yes the control surfaces move in playback. As does gear and flaps.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg