Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Freeware Airports are getting amazing.

6 hours ago, bszuch said:

Manny,

Please tell me you are using the addon linker or similar item on your load ins.  When I hear 10 min load in times, I like what?...  For me here in the US, I've got

sub directories for each state.  It's just a matter of turning on my departure and arrival state.  Plus it makes troubleshooting so much easier for conflicts.  You may already be doing something of the sort then never mind, but if not, it will cut your load in times drastically.

I do use the addon linker. With just the 120 addon airports I have It takes about 5 minutes tp load.  Its the cities and non airport sceneries that I have them unselected in the linker. Not sure I even want to select them. The default autogens gives me the area scenery busy and I am ok with it. But I have them in case I want to take screenshot or something if I change my mind.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I tried to download the LFBZ update today and flightsim.to downloads have slowed down significantly. Anyone else?

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

31 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I tried to download the LFBZ update today and flightsim.to downloads have slowed down significantly. Anyone else?

Same, I have a 500+ Mbps connection, and it says 35 minutes left to download 325 Megabytes, when in past downloads from that site, it would probably only take a few minutes max.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I am downloading a city and it says., 5 hours remaining. LOL 🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

5 minutes ago, superspud said:

It's quite a fragile site. I often get failed page loads or the whole joint goes offline briefly. 

It was fine for me the first few months, my only annoyance was the constant CAPTCHA's, you know the "are you a real person", even though I was logged in and was using same IP most of the time. Sometimes it would Captcha me 5x in one day.

Other than that, this is the first time I've had any real issues, hopefully it's temporary.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

yep it was for me. I have used this download manager and it is way better: https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

I think they are throttling down on the server due to the load. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Certainly been slower with the downloads today on flightsim.to. It would help if I was keeping more up to date though - I have 21 airports and around the same number of other add-ons needing updated!🤦‍♂️

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

just one question, are you guys flying this airports on a daily or weekly base?

Since the sim came out i never flew one airfield twice (beside my home airport),

so much new to discover on each flight.

• Like 1

@Nedo68 Some of them I fly to quite a lot, but others I download but either haven't flown to yet, or haven't even installed! That's the 'problem' with freeware - so much choice, so little time! Great problem to have though, thanks to all the work these devs put in and share.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

2 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

It was fine for me the first few months, my only annoyance was the constant CAPTCHA's, you know the "are you a real person", even though I was logged in and was using same IP most of the time. Sometimes it would Captcha me 5x in one day.

Other than that, this is the first time I've had any real issues, hopefully it's temporary.

look like the capped the server speed

3 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

look like the capped the server speed

Looks that way, but the cap is too extreme if so.

I keep all of these freeware airports in a bank of places I plan to fly someday.  So far though the airports I download are exceeding my time available to fly to them so I’m quite behind...good problem to have!

And yes flightsim.to is at a crawl today, haven’t experienced this before.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have a vast collection of airports and scenery, but the majority are in anticipation for different types of helicopters. I expect that as soon as MS provides default choppers, there will be a deluge of other developers providing what we require!

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.