Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Virtualcol Beech 99 improved with new patch...

2 hours ago, stefaandk said:

It sounds significantly deeper and heavier in that video, particularly in cruise, it also doesn't have that oscillating engine noise irl.  The pitch is a lot higher and I would say too high within the sim.  It's volume is probably not unrealistic as it does seem pretty noisy even within the cockpit.  Bottom line the sounds could do with a complete overhaul still.

Agreed, the sound in the sim is more like a model airplane. In the video it got up to speed and took off much sooner than the sim version also.

1 hour ago, desbean said:

Agreed, the sound in the sim is more like a model airplane.

I could not have thought of a better analogy myself!

Question? regarding Liveries (for this or any aircraft), if I only want to keep certain liveries that were included with the install or liveries from the livery pack, can I simply delete the texture folders and remove the [FLTSIM.xx] from the aircraft.cfg file? This is what I have always done with P3D liveries. Is the process the same with MSFS2020? I know there is a layout.json file always included with downloaded liveries. Would I have to update that file as well or just ignore it?

Regards

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Love this aircraft. I have done 3 or 4 flights already and I have never noticed this. But is it normal for the GEN1 & GEN 2 Yellow warning lights to be on? I have both GEN switches turned on, but I cannot figure out what I may be doing wrong or how to extinguish the warning. I also did a reinstall as well. This is with an engines running start on the runway. I usually do a cold start but I am noticing the same issue.

PLEASE IGNORE. I see it's just an indicator. I thought it was a warning.

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Wow, I have Aivlasoft EFB (Using Navigraph AIRAC cycle 2014 for MSFS2020) on a separate monitor. I did not know the GPS in the Beech 99 connects directly to the flight plan that I input into the Aivlasoft EFB follows it to a "T"! I flew into SLCB (Bolivia) and used the D046P DME ARC and the aircraft followed the arc perfectly. I manually did the step descents and considering the high airport elevation of almost 8700' and I had to avoid the mountains at 17000, I was happy to pickup the ILS at the end of the ARC. You learn something knew every day with MSFS2020. Aivlasoft EFB is a simming lifesaver for me. 

FYI another update

Virtualcol - Beechcraft Model 99 Series Version 2.1.7

Thank you for your support to our work!

This new update contains a new version with several changes:

-Engine sounds and cabin adjusted
-Flight dynamics adjusted
-GPS530 now full operative, this replaced COMM1 and NAV1 radios and it allows create and edit flight plans.
-New version Beechcraft 99B with Glass cockpit operative. Pending an issue with RANGE MAP under revision to solved.
-Switch to open Passenger door, located upon at Battery switch. Animation of Exit door working.
-Some textures modifed because request for some customers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just spent about 30 minutes on the various stages of flight, definitely an improvement on the flight model, I'm not fighting as much trying to get the plane to land and a lot less prayers need to be said on the runways which have trees at the end upon takeoff.  Sounds are much improved, the model plane sounds are gone but one could argue it's almost too quiet in the cockpit compared to some actual video IRL footage but I prefer it that way, the downside is that there is some coil whine, similar to that fuel pump whine some planes have and that can use some toning down. 

The Glass cockpit one has been implemented rather strangely though, some are now model B and some model A but they seemed to have linked this to liveries so if you are hoping to fly the American Eagle livery with glass you are out of luck.  The thumbnails  do show you if the plane will have glass or gauges given they are all in the same category.   They really should have 2 planes listed in the aircraft selection instead.  Liveries are probably something you can mess with in .cfg files but it's a bit clunkier than it needed to be the way it's currently implemented.   Their own patch notes are also not matching the A/B designations stated, some model B's have gauges, some have glass so the thumbnail seems to be the only way to make sure, the ones I tested on that front were correct.

Cockpit textures remain rough and the glass cockpit has silver bezels which are way too reflective, looks a bit weird, probably better to change that to black next patch.  Night illumination of the dash remains an issue.

The passenger door opening is a nice touch but it seems to be very binary though, don't expect any smooth animations.

All in all they keep updating this plane so credit where credit is due, and it's definitely value for money today.

Engine power has been reduced, which makes it very nice to taxi with now, but climb rate/speed and cruise speed are slower. Just had a nice flight into LOWL (Linz, Austria) and picked up the ILS approach nicely using the glass cockpit. 

In terms of real life specs, are climb rates and speeds at the optimum, i.e. based on an empty aircraft with low fuel load?

Just tested climb rate and speed with 50% fuel plus co-pilot and a few passengers, and it seems pretty close to real life initial climb rate of 1900 ft/min, then reducing to 1000 ft/min at between 145 and 150 knots. Not tried it fully loaded yet.