Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Simple to use, low perf impact traffic addon for P3D?

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I think I provide plenty of time already communicating with users 😛

yeah 😉

@mpo910 tbh OCI and AIM is currently much bigger then we ever have planed and so far it is only a 2 man-project (1 Software developer and 1 Database Manager) and botha re working togerther on 4 more AIG Projects as well. We really need to start reorganizing stuff internaly and get some more AIG Members on board before we can starting "expaning" any kind of external communication xD For the start we have opened a Discord Channel (so far mainly for MSFS, but I am sure we expand for P3D there as well):  https://discord.gg/rNTJUSdC

• Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

9 minutes ago, B777ER said:

For those only interested in online AI traffic, which FLAI was meant for, you don't need flight plans or any bgl files. That's what I am talking about. Those that JUST want online AI don't need anything other than models and textures, that's it!!

This AIG OIC requires the P3D SDK to be installed. Really way to much for exclusive online Vatsim users. My hope is the people at Vatsim can get this sorted as this current way is overly cumbersome for just online AI.

Thanks for clarifying that. So we're really talking about 2 entirely unique products. I guess if Kaiii can find a way to get the models we downloaded with AIG attached to whatever the online service uses to generate traffic he can help out. Now I understand why AIG was even mentioned at all in this. I was trying to figure that out.  

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

As said many times after FLAi was taken offline: AIG is working closely with all parties to find a workable solution for VATSIM users. When the time has come we and the partner we are working closely with will relaese a statement - just give us the time to find a 100% solution 😉

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

yeah 😉

@mpo910 tbh OCI and AIM is currently much bigger then we ever have planed and so far it is only a 2 man-project (1 Software developer and 1 Database Manager) and botha re working togerther on 4 more AIG Projects as well. We really need to start reorganizing stuff internaly and get some more AIG Members on board before we can starting "expaning" any kind of external communication xD For the start we have opened a Discord Channel (so far mainly for MSFS, but I am sure we expand for P3D there as well):  https://discord.gg/rNTJUSdC

OK ok ok......just some thoughts. Understood. But chapeau AIGAIM with 2 guys.....that's great. What a output you guys delivered and further to come. 

The devs talk enough with users part I recognise from somewhere......maybe my main profession....... 😉 LOL. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

45 minutes ago, B777ER said:

For those only interested in online AI traffic, which FLAI was meant for, you don't need flight plans or any bgl files. That's what I am talking about. Those that JUST want online AI don't need anything other than models and textures, that's it!!

I think a package that just did this and this alone would sell easily.  Pick your airlines you'd like represented, hit one button, and poof you're good!

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

39 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Ok, so who will do the actual work of research, design, coding, documentation, graphics, website, sales and marketing, company administration, company registration renewals, legal documents (EULA, NDA, etc.), BBB.org accreditation, code signing certificates, organize and manage licensing, manage eCommerce, manage taxes, ...  

Volunteers?

Cheers, Rob.

Well....You? 🙂

Come on. You all spent a lot of time on reading explaining explaining explaining.......and....explaining....why not change a explaining for 1 session a month discussing thoughts and ideas about which things should be positioned at LM as a common sense "wishlist"?

Well....just some thoughts. Sharing ideas and discus open.....not with you. Understood. 

Topic/Idea closed.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

39 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Ok, so who will do the actual work of research, design, coding, documentation, graphics, website, sales and marketing, company administration, company registration renewals, legal documents (EULA, NDA, etc.), BBB.org accreditation, code signing certificates, organize and manage licensing, manage eCommerce, manage taxes, ...  

Volunteers?

Cheers, Rob.

You are right, you can fill out forms and do admin tasks and never get any real work done.  I don't think most of the public realizes that.

Fill out this T-992 form to acknowledge that you received the T-446 form.  Then sign this T-832 to acknowledge the acknowledgement.   It's a running joke of sorts but it's just about that bad.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I am not talking about changing your business and increasing documentations or put more effort in communication. 

But what happens is, at least it seems like that, everyone has its own goals and trying to get some things done over at LM to get your own product done. Each of you is doing its own thing....each of you is asking separately over at LM  to get some changes. I can not see how LM is thinking about this and if they are willing to provide solutions for all these loose ends.

Would it be more efficient to join and share ideas, thoughts and align needed changes. Prioritize them and after that require them as common sense at LM? In that way things get more organised, prioritised and maybe LM is willing to commit more so you get a more stable plan and delivery pipeline. 

Setup a requirement channel with multiple developers on front but  one supplier at the end.

This must not be huge...but 5 to 10 devs who all have lots common I think. 

Rob......don't shoot me again 🙂

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

12 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I am not talking about changing your business and increasing documentations or put more effort in communication. 

But what happens is, at least it seems like that, everyone has its own goals and trying to get some things done over at LM to get your own product done. Each of you is doing its own thing....each of you is asking separately over at LM  to get some changes. I can not see how LM is thinking about this and if they are willing to provide solutions for all these loose ends.

Would it be more efficient to join and share ideas, thoughts and align needed changes. Prioritize them and after that require them as common sense at LM? In that way things get more organised, prioritised and maybe LM is willing to commit more so you get a more stable plan and delivery pipeline. 

Setup a requirement channel with multiple developers on front but  one supplier at the end.

This must not be huge...but 5 to 10 devs who all have lots common I think. 

Rob......don't shoot me again 🙂

Marcus

who said there is not such a group effort/discussion? It might not be that fully organized, but we developers to talk to each other from tiem to time and share ideas.

But back to topic guys 😉 I think this was about an easy way to get AI to the Sim^^

1) Use payware (UTL/TG): SImple Installer, a baisc AI setup, Low FPS hits (fewer traffic), outdated repaints, irrgular updates

2) Use freeware

2.1) Do all yourself -> ok not easy so skip that^^

2.2) Use AIGAIM OCI: A bit of setup needed (takes about 3-5 min), 1000+ Airlines regualr updated incl. Models and Repaints

Edited by Kaiii3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

who said there is not such a group effort/discussion? It might not be that fully organized, but we developers to talk to each other from tiem to time and share ideas.

Than my idea was not that stupid and is already ongoing between you. 

Thanks for sharing. That's all ...sorry for hijacking this topic.

You are right....back to roots

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

ALL I want in my sim is TRAFFIC.  I don't care too much about having all the right airlines or liveries in the AI realm.  With UTLive, that's what I get.  Hundreds of airlines are represented and they are TRULY a simple click to arrange in the sim.  You can specify the percentage of general aviation and airline traffic.  You can select the color of the AI so that you can Identify it in flight.  It's really simple and so very easy to use. Yes, I want my sim to be "as real as it gets", and when it comes to AI traffic, all I want to see are planes in the sky and planes on the ground at the airports.  With all the addons and various tweaks we put into our sim, I don't want to have to learn specific detailed (complicated) methods of getting to see planes other than my own.  I still struggle with all the intricacies of FMS programming.  That's enough of a challenge.

I've been simming for well over 2 decades and have every flight simulator program since the beginning.  I couldn't be more pleased now with P3d and MSFS.  Each serves its own purpose and I try to fly both every single day...if possible.  

Enjoy the snow today on the East Coast.  

• Like 2

@Kaiii3

This is also a screen where you could think about a multiselect option for updating the outdated flightplans.

Now I have to click each outdated line and click again to update.

If I could whish something:

• Opening this "screen" should immediately sort all outdated flightplans on top of the list (is not the case of the moment. I have to click "Status" twice to get them on top. This is unnecessary as the purpose of this list is clearly seeing the "Status" to update those who are outdated (at least mainly but not exclusive) 
  • Add multi select checkboxes in front of each line. These could be manually checked each and a check icon appears after a click. Clicking again would deselect the clicked line and the icon disappears
  • Add a checkbox in the "table" header with following functionallity 
    • Checkbox-Text per Default = "Select all" -> A "click" in this checkbox checks/selects all outdated flightplans and puts a "select icon" in each line. The lines turn "grey"
    • After this happens the text of the header checkbox changes in "Deselect all". When clicked again, all checked icons will disappear and none of the outdated flightplans is checked and none is grey marked but plain as every other line. The text of the checkbox in the header changes in "Select all" again
  • Add a button with the text "Update outdated flightplans". This button would start the update process of all selected lines (=flightplans). The "none selected lines" will not be updated. After the update process is finished. All "left outdated ones" will be placed on top of the list. 
  • If nothing is selected the Button can not be clicked. The button is clickable after at least 1 outdated flightplan is selected/checked. Deselects the user all flightplans, the button will become inop again
  • If the update process stops for a reason, because any further user action is needed, postpone the action and go ahead with the update process for every line which is selected and can be updated without interaction. All postponed outdated flighplans will be left till after the update with the present "usual" steps as it is now

This would really be truly "simple to use". Now imagine this with the installation process for all "selected" flightplans (not outdated but "fresh install"). The button name should be different, of course ("Install selected Airlines") and the process would be much easier.

Here is a screenshot of the screen I mean regarding the outdated flightplans. If I can answer some questions....PM me!

Regards,

Marcus

tO1pibP.png

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

the main window is mainly used for information, for bulk updating you should ways go via the extra window you know from the installation.

The sorting is done by "string"  by default, thats the reason outdated are on the buttom after the first sorting.

1 minute ago, Kaiii3 said:

the main window is mainly used for information, for bulk updating you should ways go via the extra window you know from the installation.

The sorting is done by "string"  by default, thats the reason outdated are on the buttom after the first sorting.

O.....word not allowed......that was not clear to me. Where do I click here to get there?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

when you want to update more then one airline, open the window you used to open to get flightplans isntalled. In the same window is a tab for updates 😉 just do the same with them as you done with the uninstalled airlines. We decided yto go this way because it allows us to use the same UI for installing and updating, so the user does not need to "learn" 2 UIs

Edited by Kaiii3