Sign in to follow this  
threegreen

How not to land and not to go-around

Bit anxiety inducing when you can see the runway at 100 ft as passenger. Aeromexico Connect ERJ 145.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Prepar3D v5 | PMDG 737NGXu/777 | FSLabs A320/A321 | www.united-virtual.com | www.deltava.org | ASUS Maximus XI Code Z390 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GDDR6X MSI Suprim X | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB | Samsung 43'' 4K curved TV | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD | Agronn 737 Captain's Yoke | VKB Gladiator NXT Stick | FSC 737 Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Heck, I could do that good! 🤪 With one eye tied behind my back!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think that's what they call an "ILS circling" approach.  😱

• Like 1

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

At first I thought the pilot was going to try to align and land. I was glad to see he did a go around. Too bad the passenger didn't record the cockpit announcement afterwards. 😄

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

28 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

At first I thought the pilot was going to try to align and land. I was glad to see he did a go around.

Between 0:52 and 0:56 it appeared to look exactly like that, until some sense / survival instinct managed to kick in!

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO); ASUS GTX 1070 O8G; Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440x1440)
Fulcrum Sim yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick and Throttle Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CP Flight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x2; TrackIR

P3Dv5.1 + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + MSE + ActiveSky + ChasePlane + AILRP + FS-ATC Chatter + FFTF Dynamic + Self Loading Cargo + WIN 10 Pro
PMDG 737 777; QW 787; AS A320 A330; MJC Dash 8; A2A C172 PA-28; Carenado A42 A72 XL560; FT E-Jets v3; QW 757; JF C152

What is wrong with these people?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

52 minutes ago, jon b said:

What is wrong with these people?

Rubbish training and Substandard pilots. Although in this PC,  Blair / corbyn everyone hug each other world, you can't say that.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

v63vq9-5.png  913456

14 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Rubbish training and Substandard pilots. Although in this PC,  Blair / corbyn everyone hug each other world, you can't say that.

😁 I'm not sure how you manged to twist this round to an attack on the left, quite an achievement. 

It wasn't even a UK crew or aircraft.  

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 2

seems like VOR approach to MMMY rwy11. 

like many approaches of this kind, approach course is offset from runway which means a turn to the left (0:20 mark in the clip) is required to intercept extended runway centerline and you would turn right in order to track it.

I also get the impression that engines are retarded as they try to align with the runway heading and achieve proper vertical bearing towards the threshold at the same time.

Wow this was painful to watch.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL(A) / SEPL
i9 9900K  | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC | 32 GB Corsair DDR4 RAM |
EVGA Supernova G2 850W
 | PFC Saab Yoke w. Warthog throttle | 32" Philips 4K Monitor

14 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

seems like VOR approach to MMMY rwy11. 

like many approaches of this kind, approach course is offset from runway which means a turn to the left (0:20 mark in the clip) is required to intercept extended runway centerline and you would turn right in order to track it.

Thank you for the explanation, that would indeed explain a lot.

I'll now downgrade the video in my own mind from " ludicrous" to " ill judged"

• Like 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

ATC: "737, Call the Ball"....................................."Bolter, Bolter..."

Pedro Trindade

25.jpg

msig3.jpg

Bet that 737 needed some work on the gear after a landing like that. 

Sea planes seem to have a propensity for disaster.

Edited by martin-w