Sign in to follow this  
efis007

VQPR Paro-Bhutan photoreal released!

yg7GXTR.jpg

- 80nm area mapped.
- Fixed all bad tiles.
- Fixed seams between tiles.
- Fixed most of the spurious clouds present on the scenery.
- Erase the spurious shadows caused by clouds.
- Rebuilt the parts of the land that remained covered by clouds.
- Uniformed more than 5800 defective tiles that the satellite had photographed during its passage in different seasons / times.
- Color correction of the entire area carried out to obtain a highly homogeneous scenery.

Here: https://taxiway.forumfree.it/?t=78278944

Edited by efis007

Creatore di * FS9 Supersky * ( plugin Atmo Ambient Environment ).
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment plugin ) creatore.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, (new) GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit
--------------- --------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I have to say that it is just wonderful that FS2004 is still "under development"  and so good to see a new release for such an old platform.

Personally, I do not fly it these days, but I still have it on my system.  The reason for non use, is that I used to primarily fly the iFly aircraft (both CD versions) and about three months ago I had a huge failure with that aircraft where it became unflyable.  Normal procedure was to uninstall and reinstall it, however, both my CDs are in Indonesia and I am in Australia(Covid)

with MSFS looming larger than ever and with the continuing development of XPlane and P3D, the main reason for using FS2004 no longer applies and I have temporarily abandoned it until my return to Indonesia.

As a footnote, I have downloaded and installed it for future use.  Just another reason to want to return home to Indonesia ... to my wife and family, friends, neighbours and, of course my FS2004 iFly aircraft. 

Thank you to the Devs for this scenery and long live FS2004

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

The Bhutan photoreal pics look really good, so I downloaded the RAR file and tried to unpack it via my for many years trusted RAR-unpacking program set up in my Win7 64bit, but keep getting an error message, something about an incorrect format. Never seen this before and other RAR files (still) get unpacked normally.

I had a good look around on the Italian site concerned but could not find any forum links, nor did the e-mail link work. Not only that but my Italian is not very good either.

Has anyone been able to correctly unpack this RAR file ?

Regards

Hans

Maybe your download was corrupted Hans. WNA happens. Have you tried to download it again?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Thanks Luis for your reaction but I downloaded the RAR file twice and on different machines but both with the same "format problem" when trying to unpack them.

Anyone prepared to download the same RAR files and to unpack them, if only to confirm my problem ...... please.

Thanks in advance.

Hans

Hi,

I tried it and have the same problem as Hans.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald,

Thanks for taking the trouble to download this file and also for trying to unpack it. At least I now know that the problem is not at my or at our end.

I've PMed the original poster in the hope that he takes another look at this thread.

Thanks again.

Hans

I downloaded it out of curiosity and the file is perfectly fine. Use latest WinRAR and you'll be good.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Nuno Pinto,

Thanks for the tip. I found a (free) 64bit WinRar version 600, have downloaded it and will install/try it as soon as I have some time. Just to be sure beforehand though, is that the "latest" version you are referring to ?

Thanks in advance.

Hans

Nuno Pinto,

I installed the new WinRAR program and the unpacking of the Paro-Bhutan Photo-Real scenery went without problems. The result is a very beautiful scenery area indeed and especially if the separately installed Paro airport is already part of it.

Thanks again for your tip.

Hans