Sign in to follow this  
bobrbend

Where's 5.2, or at least hotfix 2?

4 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

This has never been needed. Just uninstall P3D complete, then install it completely into the same path. After this start it one time, stop it again and start ORBX Central. Check files for Global Base pack, Buildings HD, Trees HD and finally install the textures from ASCA and all Envtex settings, if you have these programs. Only P3D has to be uninstalled, no other program, plane or scenery. Everything stays installed, if you don´t delete it. It doesn´t matter if it´s inside the sim or outside. Uninstalling P3D only removes its files, no others. But if textures are replaced, the uninstaller does not recognize this. It deletes all filenames it installed. 

If you go from 4 to 5 of course, things are a bit different. Let´s talk about it, when 6 is out. 

Regards

Dan

K.I.S.S. approach. I concur.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

Speaking of this, can someone point me to a helpful post or guide on how to update all 3 components of P3D when one has most of their scenery installed outside P3D including all the global Orbx products? I do have some stuff installed inside the sim such as Flightbeam and DD scenery. 

In the past I would uninstall everything and start all over but that is such a pain.

Eric, go to the OrbX forum, there you´ll find a very good brief explaination by the devs, how to upgrade P3D in the right way and what´s need to be done with add-ons and OrbX stuff.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/192424-installing-a-p3d-v5-hotfix-correctly/

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

Speaking of this, can someone point me to a helpful post or guide on how to update all 3 components of P3D when one has most of their scenery installed outside P3D including all the global Orbx products? I do have some stuff installed inside the sim such as Flightbeam and DD scenery. 

In the past I would uninstall everything and start all over but that is such a pain.

Updating Prepar3D using the Update Component Installers - Prepar3D Forums

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Everything is under NDA of course but maybe we will see some third party Tools adding compatibility for 5.2 when its close. At least this has been an good indication  for an imminent Release jn the past

Edited by BestPlane

Manuel Miller

7 hours ago, GSalden said:

Everytime a version comes out they start working on the next update, so it is no secret that v5.2 is being worked on 🥳

Wait. You mean they don't fire everyone then some time later on decide to rehire people to start working on it again? LOL 🙂 🤣

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

OK since nobody can talk about the next release. How about we discuss what we want changed. I'll go first by adding my 2 biggest complaints.

1. Weather, specifically storms cause clouds to have a hard ceiling no blending. Needs to be fixed.
  2. Lighting (HDR), always to bright or too dark, this should be worked on co-currently with the weather.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Also rain and snow with ea on. Terrible. Then of course the grid clouds. And the very strange night lighting on aircraft that make them look radioactive when ea is on. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I just want the darn DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG to be fixed.  Let's start with that and fix other things with .3

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Guys/Girls!

I find this a good Idea to talk about: What should be done/fixed in the next release of P3D.

This I posted at LM regarding EA mode:

1) To much Red/Orange sky at dawn and dusk
2) Less grid pattern OR less repetitive clouds (I don´t like to tweak hours and hours within the Volumetriccloud.CFG).
3) Less pixelated clouds (Even with slider set to High I get too much low res pixels)
4) With view moving horizontal shadow line at OC conditions
5) Heaving strong sunlight below thicker OC cloud conditions (especially when you are in the cockpit). Clouds are hardly affecting sunlight (almost no decreasing light strength with increasing cloud thickness below the clouds).
6) Fast moving clouds when changed weather is injected
7) Too strong moonlight at night. The ground and clouds do get to much lighten up from the moonlight 
😎 Anti Aliasing issues around Sim Terrain and Objects (Mountains, Trees, etc)
9) Rain and Snow can hardly be noticed. Does not reduce visibility, I hardly can see any precipitation

PBR Issue:

1) Chrome look at PBR materials at night. Especially cockpits and outside tubes are getting a very chrome shine. Should be fixed quickly

I will open a topic on this and you may jump on this train.....would be great!

Link  to that topic here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/596476-list-what-should-be-fixed-with-a-next-release-of-p3d/

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, TurboKen said:

OK since nobody can talk about the next release. How about we discuss what we want changed. I'll go first by adding my 2 biggest complaints.

I might regain some interest in P3D if the implementation of VR is improved. Until then I'm enjoying life in the modded A320Neo which - although not of FSL quality - works fine for me.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models