Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

New CRJ Pro update release, SP2

A follow up to my earlier post (re: first flight with v2.4):

Tonight, I did a quick hop from CYVR (FSDT) to KSEA (T2G). No issues with frame rates while departing CYVR...fps was steady at my locked 30 fps.

What I did notice tonight was a large "click spot" occupying the majority of the pilot's windscreen. ????

I noticed during taxi at YVR, that if I kept my mouse out of that large click spot, I had no issues with performance/frame rates.

Flight between YVR and SEA went smoothly...again, I kept my mouse out of the windscreen click spot...if I tried to zoom in/out while in that click spot, my frames would momentarily freeze. No issues as long as I knew the position of my mouse cursor.

Landing at KSEA, frame rates were 22-25 (no issues in the past with this airport); however, there were no stutters (again if I kept my mouse cursor isolated).

Weird issue????

Also noted tonight that the aileron/rudder trims are no longer showing as moving on the display.

Hopefully Hans will be able to get a quick fix published.

The aircraft is flyable...just a little "quirky" as it's always been. Overall performance has deteriorated from the previous release with an overall rating of worse than the FSLabs and PMDG 737.

I hope you pass on your info to Hans. He’s trying to iron out a few more bugs.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

I hope you pass on your info to Hans. He’s trying to iron out a few more bugs.

9 years down the line..... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

11 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

9 years down the line..... 

2.4.0.1 Release notes 14/03/2023

Note: This represents the change log of the whole development process including issues that
were fixed after the introduction of new features.

Completed fixes:

- Fixed FPLN page Flt No entry
- Fixed GPWS mode 4A conditions
- Fixed DIR INTC line on MFD
- Fixed ice detection and test
- Changed DC Service switch to OFF for all states

Pending fixes:

- Not fixed: Plane performs like it is running in FSX, and the year is 2006, and you’re running it on an IBM 386 PC, with the turbo button turned off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just watched some of the recent FS20 video previews that were uploaded the past few days.  Sure, probably some YouTube compression, but it sure looks like there are phases were frames drop significantly and multiple instances of stuttering.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Did they add coupled VNAV as an option with this update or was that always there?

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

21 minutes ago, cmorg said:

Did they add coupled VNAV as an option with this update or was that always there?

Has been there since the Pro X was released.

55 minutes ago, flycln said:

Has been there since the Pro X was released.

Got it, thanks. I guess I never spent enough time in it to get that far.

-C

1 hour ago, cmorg said:

Got it, thanks. I guess I never spent enough time in it to get that far.

You havnt missed much, still flies like a block of flats 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

You havnt missed much, still flies like a block of flats 

I took it from KPHX to KPSP, and it didn't seem much has changed to me.  I'm another one that really wanted to like it, and has bought it twice, like many others.  I'll be interested to see how the MSFS release goes. 

-C

I posted in the Aerosoft forum outlining that the plane still has issues with the lateral navigation and engine spool timing and that's it's unfortunate to see that in a product that's 80 EUROS. Within a few minutes, I got 8 downvotes, a response by one of the support members asking me if I fly the plane IRL and my account has been frozen for review with a later removal of my post. Thankfully Hans saw it and posted a reply saying he's aware of it and is working on it, now it looks like he's almost talking to himself.

The reason for my suspension is: You know what you did ... (including the dots)

I'm so done with Aerosoft, always heard the stories and I was actually looking forward to the MSFS version, well, that's dead now for me. I read more and more people posting similar stories.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, masino said:

I posted in the Aerosoft forum outlining that the plane still has issues with the lateral navigation and engine spool timing and that's it's unfortunate to see that in a product that's 80 EUROS. Within a few minutes, I got 8 downvotes, a response by one of the support members asking me if I fly the plane IRL and my account has been frozen for review with a later removal of my post. Thankfully Hans saw it and posted a reply saying he's aware of it and is working on it, now it looks like he's almost talking to himself.

I'm so done with Aerosoft, always heard the stories and I was actually looking forward to the MSFS version, well, that's dead now for me. I read more and more people posting similar stories.

Yeah, it seems that anything other than absolute sycophantry (is that a word?) is not allowed and anything other than saying it will be a day-one purchase will be downvoted to oblivion.  I get it, it's their forum and they can moderate it how they please, but I just do not understand the poor fools who are jumping on the downvote train against anyone who brings up a very legitimate issue.  It reminds me of how people were acting before MSFS itself released.  It was going to be God's holy gift to all flight simmers and there would be no faults, only joy, happiness, and rejoicing.

• Upvote 3

-C

Few months back when I installed v5, I did a complete, fresh windows install.  No Aerosoft airplane will ever be installed on my computer again.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

2 hours ago, masino said:

You're not alone.  🙂

• Like 2

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

3 hours ago, masino said:

This is just absolutely ridiculous behavior by Aerosoft... wow.

Hans has been released multiple iterations of this plane and it's STILL so word not allowed buggy. It's a disgrace, really. And then they treat customers like that...

• Like 1