Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

New CRJ Pro update release, SP2

I got excited reading the first post. By the time I finished reading the first comments I'm not even try to install this if performance is the same as all people report. Pity. 

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Watching LNAV do turns was very entertaining again as well by the way.

It still overshoots and then turns left and right 2-4 times to try and get back on course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flycln said:

Watching LNAV do turns was very entertaining again as well by the way.

It still overshoots and then turns left and right 2-4 times to try and get back on course.

On my second flight. This thing loves chasing the LNAV, hahah

I can't wait to see how the 2020 version performs.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

8 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

On my second flight. This thing loves chasing the LNAV, hahah

I can't wait to see how the 2020 version performs.

Same but that version I’ll probably not watching in videos for a laugh and certainly not spend any money on. 

Guys, this thing is broken beyond repair.

They should have focused on making a P3D version with a VC for the trusty old DA Fokker 70/100.

It´s probably because Aerosoft has it´s eyes more on the gaming industry and less on the simulating industry.

They probably use "you" as BETA testers before they release at MSFS so they can fix some things before they rollout the product for their much more loved customers!

Sorry...but I do indeed really believe in what I wrote. Aerosoft has never had it´s strengths at "in depth systems" and "good performing products" (I own some of them and they have ALL the same issues).

Marcus

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Aerosoft, what do you expect? I remember that bug of the 15fps and airbus will fall from the sky 🤣

Anyway even though I am so skeptic about Aerosoft aircrafts based on my experience on Airbus in P3D, most probably I will get their CRJ on MSFS, not because I am loving them, it is just because I am curious to know which standard they will have for MSFS aircrafts, although my gut feelings tell me, it is going to be the 15FPS that falls from the sky 😆.

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I really, really want to appreciate this aircraft.

The competition for regional jets are the TDFI 717 and the Maddog MD series...the latter two with very few airframes in active service.

When the original Aerosoft CRJ was released 3-1/2 years ago (after a reported 7 years of development), the A/P - navigation issues made the original release almost unflyable. For me, it was hangared for almost a year.

In the summer of 2018, the first "useable" release was published and the aircraft was OK to fly, albeit, still with a few bugs (the major one being don't attempt to fly into high altitude airports without having cabin pressurization issues).

I did purchase the CRJ Pro upgrade about 15 months ago...like I said, I really, really wanted to like this aircraft!

With the exception of the "dark" cockpit, the CRJ Pro v2.2 was a much improved version over the original release. The LNAV wasn't perfect, but, the plane will now fly on A/P without issues.

I'll give the developer some credit here...they (he) hasn't given up yet!

Last night, I downloaded the new release (v 2.4) from Simmarket. First impression was that the virtual cockpit does appear to be brighter with most things easily visible.

Reading what others had written about the performance on this latest release, I was a little surprised, not recalling the aircraft to be "that bad" the last time I flew v2.2.

I loaded up my first flight from CYYZ (a known, high demand FT scenery) intending to make an inaugural flight to KMSY. My first experience was a CTD while setting up the aircraft options in the EFB.

Rebooted my PC again, and reloaded P3D v5 with the same aircraft at the same location. This time, I was able to finish up the aircraft options. Went to pushback from the gate and the GPU would not disconnect. WTH??? This was an old issue from 3-4 years ago!

OK, third attempt!

Frame rates on the ground were 12-19 fps (on a locked 30 fps system). This is lower than both the FSLabs Airbus and the PMDG 737 (which are typically in the range of 20-26 for the same airport).

Ground handling appears to be improved.

Take off pitch and initial climb was much smoother and felt more natural (other than a noticeable "porpoising" of pitch during climb) than I recalled with v2.2. No issues with IAS on initial climb to FL360.

Now the sad part...even in cruise, there were numerous "freeze" moments of the sim, although the frame rates were locked at 30 fps. I wasn't able to isolate these pauses to a specific action in the sim...something within this new release just appears to be a memory hog. While I didn't get a CTD, these freeze moments killed the experience for me.

While it is notable that some things have again improved, the performance for me, on my system, has taken a step backward for this latest release of the CRJ.

I killed the flight after about 250 nm...the in-cruise pauses were too painful to continue.

I'll give it another try this weekend...but, not feeling optimistic at this point.

Edited by rmeier
  • Like 2

I hope that it is more suited to MSFS than it appears to be in P3D. I have put off buying it for P3D because the forums are full of reports of very poor performance, even on high end systems.

The post above by rmeier is fairly typical of the issues being experienced.

John B

4 minutes ago, rmeier said:

Now the sad part...even in cruise, there were numerous "freeze" moments of the sim, although the frame rates were locked at 30 fps. I wasn't able to isolate these pauses to a specific action in the sim...something within this new release just appears to be a memory hog. While I didn't get a CTD, these freeze moments killed the experience for me.

Are you using the weather radar? I have those freeze moments and "memory like" pauses in their A330. Turning of the planes weather radar does eliminate them. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

10 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Are you using the weather radar? I have those freeze moments and "memory like" pauses in their A330. Turning of the planes weather radar does eliminate them. 

Marcus

Marcus,

Negative on the weather radar...it was off.

Rob

• Like 1

i wouldnt be able to sleep at night releasing such rubbish to consumers (as aerosoft do on a constient basis, wether that be aircraft or scenery)  

Id feel as if I was robbing them of their money.  I honestly dont know how Kok sleeps at night. 

Ive worked with people in my career (both in the air and on the ground) who hate their jobs and do the quickest slap dash job as possible and pass it off as a proper job. 

my advice to them is always "just leave, go, let someone who wants to do it come in and do a proper job with some passion"

Same with this  they just turn out unfinished junk, with no care to attention to detail or quality control 

whats baffles me even more , is how people are prepared to defend them when they release unfinished garbage like this. 

I emailed a developer not so long ago to tell them how much i love their product as I get hours of enjoyment of it.   They told me they hardly make any money off it, its more of a labour of love because they are so passionate about it.  Its a shame other developers like aerosoft also dont have the same mantra.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

Well, I don’t think you’ll see many defending Aerosoft on this forum any more. They’ve moved on from P3D, and I’ve moved on from them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

19 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Well, I don’t think you’ll see many defending Aerosoft on this forum any more. They’ve moved on from P3D, and I’ve moved on from them.

You know what....Mister Kok showed up a few days ago....at another forum...not a Aerosoft one....maybe the BIG news did make him a bit curious.....

But back to topic......I won't buy any products from them for obvious here partly discussed reasons. I made my own negative experiences with some of their support employees and mods. A shame! Some freeware and much smaller add-ons devs do way wa better.....(Kaiii3, SIMBOL, Rob,....etc.....)

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png