Sign in to follow this  
Nick__Smith

X-plane - The past, present & future

16 hours ago, Janov said:

Just don´t be surprised if I don´t even react to your posts anymore. You will see that you were wrong in a while 🙂.

@Janov I am surprised that you even read my posts.

On 3/21/2021 at 12:30 AM, jarmstro said:

No. I mean that if you have the TCAS box ticked in the Traffic Global settings the sim crashes if you load a plane with the GNT. Also the GNT seems to use old NAV data and I can't seem to find a way to inject it from Navigraph.  Nor can I see how to update the GNT itself? But it's no big deal. 

update: I can't repro. Please do post on the RXP forum along with TG version and sim version so that we can further try to repro, and correct if needed.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

14 minutes ago, RXP said:

update: I can't repro. Please do post on the RXP forum along with TG version and sim version so that we can further try to repro, and correct if needed.

Thanks. I'll give it another go tomorrow but last time I tried it did it again. I have to load a plane without the GNT then switch off TCAS in traffic global then load the plane with the GNT and it's fine.. It could well be because I can't see how to update the GNT? PS: Which RXP forum?

Edited by jarmstro

11 hours ago, Theboot100 said:

I think xplane 12 will be a major leap in visual quality.  Aerodynamics and systems don't really need much improvement

Not only do aerodynamics and systems not need much improvement, LR can't really afford to take any steps that would make XP11 aircraft incompatible with XP12. 

Normally that would be a boon for 3rd party developers, who can then re-sell their models as updated versions. But in the current market, I think XP12 needs full compatibility with the XP11 fleet.

To avoid alienating the 3rd party aircraft developers with regard to new version sales, maybe there will be an optional new flight and systems model,. Something like the current experimental flight model expanded to other systems and even new eye candy effects. This would let them at least test the market for updated XP12 versions. But the current fleet has to be flyable. It's one of the things keeping some of us flying XP, or at least keeping one foot in each sim. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

6 hours ago, Murmur said:

Not only trolls, but uninformed trolls! 🤣 I agree with you that they're also funny to read, though. 

There is a setting where you can hide posts by members and "trolls" that you find unbearable. I would suggest that you use it.

Edited by jarmstro

12 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

LR can't really afford to take any steps that would make XP11 aircraft incompatible with XP12.

Indeed. That's vitally important to me for one.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Which RXP forum?

There is only one! https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/767-the-realityxp-support-forum/

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

There is a setting where you can hide posts by members and "trolls" that you find unbearable. I would suggest that you use it.

Nah, in some way it's funny to read the ramblings. Moreover, it's important to debunk all the uninformed BS that is thrown by XP haters.

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

25 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Nah, in some way it's funny to read the ramblings. Moreover, it's important to debunk all the uninformed BS that is thrown by XP haters.

Well you can't have it both ways? Either you want the uninformed  "trolls" to disappear or you don't? Which is it? Or do I detect some inconsistency? I see critics but no haters? Hate is a very strong word. What have you debunked exactly?

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2

Duplicate in error.

Edited by jarmstro

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

Nah, in some way it's funny to read the ramblings.

I caved in - my ignore list is 3 and growing. I like discussions and arguments, but it is only fun when everyone adheres to the rules of reasoning and logic. Some people are just too unintelligent for that or even flat out set to troll and instigate, those I can only read when people quote them 🙂.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Theboot100 said:

I think xplane 12 will be a major leap in visual quality.  Aerodynamics and systems don't really need much improvement

X Plane aerodynamics are not perfect and in some respects have major flaws. Aircraft always have a tendency to float just above the runway for way too long as if the weight and and gravity do not even exist. This is especially noticeable on larger aircraft including heavies where floating along just above the runway for 5 seconds is incredibly unreal. Second, the flight model calculations with regards to wind and weather effects is particularly bad and not real at all.  The wind effects are way overdone and irregular and the spikes are way too severe for real world.

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

Aircraft always have a tendency to float just above the runway for way too long as if the weight and and gravity do not even exist.

PICNIC

Its called ground effect, RTFM

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/airplane_handbook/media/10_afh_ch8.pdf

Common errors in the performance of short-field approaches and landings are:

• Failure to allow enough room on final to set up the approach, necessitating an overly steep approach and high sink rate

• Unstable approach

• Undue delay in initiating glide path corrections

• Too low an airspeed on final resulting in inability to flare properly and landing hard

• Too high an airspeed resulting in floating on round out

• Prematurely reducing power to idle on round out resulting in hard landing

• Touchdown with excessive airspeed

• Excessive and/or unnecessary braking after touchdown

• Failure to maintain directional control

• Failure to recognize and abort a poor approach that cannot be completed safely

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

28 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Occurs in all kinds of aircraft, speed not a cause. Even with heavies can float forever.  Watch the recent video by Flight Deck 2 Sim on youtube in an Airbus Beluga. Thing doesn't want to touch down. Major flaw in flight model.

7 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Occurs in all kinds of aircraft, speed not a cause. Even with heavies can float forever.  Watch the recent video by Flight Deck 2 Sim on youtube in an Airbus Beluga. Thing doesn't want to touch down. Major flaw in flight model.

not if you land them with a stable approach at the correct airspeed and flare correctly

float is what happens if you are too fast, reduced drag and increased lift is like landing 101, no wonder you have so many problems.....

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer