Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Envshade 1.1.6.3 released

25 minutes ago, F737NG said:

It might not be a solution for everyone, but one way to avoid 'lava roads' is to go to Orbx's scenery folders and move some files into a separate folder as described here.

That removes the 'reflected' light textures on the road, but leaves the individual 3D light sources.

It seems all my files are in scenery_off already.

Are they supposed to be in the scenery folder instead for each ORBX sub folder?

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

28 minutes ago, Mroberts95 said:

It seems all my files are in scenery_off already.

Are they supposed to be in the scenery folder instead for each ORBX sub folder?

DaNvJUJ.png

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

DaNvJUJ.png

Found it thanks!

Looks way better and dont need to worry about shaders.

Wish there was an option in orbx to disable these files.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

What should we look for with ONLY NA LC and Global installed (no regions)?

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

15 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

What should look for with ONLY NA LC and Global installed (no regions)?

Go to the folder ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA_LIGHTS\scenery.
Files called !Acapulco_LM.bgl, !Albuquerque_LM.bgl,  !Atlanta_LM.bgl, etc. should be moved to a separate folder. Leave files called !Acapulco_LM_OBG.BGL,  !Albuquerque_LM_OBG.bgl,  !Atlanta_LM_OBG.bgl, etc. in situ.

OpenLC Africa, Europe and South America follow the similar naming convention pattern as the regions, but files are located in OLC_AF_LIGHTS\scenery,  OLC_EU_LIGHTS\scenery  and OLC_SA_LIGHTS\scenery folders.

No idea about Global, I'm afraid.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Well....I don't know what that did but they're super bright yellow now haha.

piHbL6i.png

On 3/18/2021 at 8:19 PM, OzWhitey said:

Does this still wreck single pass mode in VR when using P3D v5?

Did you test it maybe?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Did you test it maybe?

Nah, i only just finished reinstalling p3d after wrecking my install about 10 days back - finally got around to trying the last version of envshade in v5. It stopped single pass from working, which i now know is a well documented issue, but i couldn’t even get stereo mode to work after the envshade install. 

I also started to get dxgi crashes for the first time ever in v5. There’s a lot of talk about “Prepar3d v5 instability” on these forums, and i do wonder how much of it is related to shader mods.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 3/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, Afterburner said:

One more tip: If you use the default envshade settings (=1.0), you will notice that while the aircraft- and cockpit shadows are eliminated when the weather is foggy, the shadows are still slightly visible under overcast cloud conditions when the visibility is high. To get rid of the shadows in that case, you need to increase the slider "Cloud shadows". A value of 1.3 is the lowest value, at which shadows are no longer visible. Here is another gif that shows the cloud shadows under overcast skies at different values (I used 30mi visibility):

uUZtYXe.png

0Fieobg.gif

I got shadows although I set cloud shadows to 1.3 during extremly rainy conditions sometimes

Edited by mobiel

2 hours ago, mobiel said:

I got shadows although I set cloud shadows to 1.3 during extremly rainy conditions sometimes

Do you get shadows if you manually create an overcast cloud layer?

11 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Well....I don't know what that did but they're super bright yellow now haha.

Another view from higher altitude.

UCURZlt.png

Still seeing the glowing aircraft with dynamic reflections at night.  Does anyone know a way around this?  Can it be adjusted via ENVSHADE?

unhVo3H.png

nXwSLjV.png

Edited by CaptKornDog

1 hour ago, Afterburner said:

Do you get shadows if you manually create an overcast cloud layer?

no, but it seems that the overcast has to be very itense 😄

Was it overcast when you experienced the rainy conditions?  You may still see shadows if you have a rain front ahead of you, while behind you have patches of clear sky, through which the sun shines.

The overcast doesn't have to be very intense; I get a cloud shadow that obscures AC shadows even when I set a stratus overcast that is not very thick.

1 hour ago, Afterburner said:

Was it overcast when you experienced the rainy conditions?  You may still see shadows if you have a rain front ahead of you, while behind you have patches of clear sky, through which the sun shines.

The overcast doesn't have to be very intense; I get a cloud shadow that obscures AC shadows even when I set a stratus overcast that is not very thick.

Will look into it

It seems that Envshade has broken PMDGs 737NGXU contrails?

Cloud shadows (EA on) on the sea are too dark. But maybe this can be adjusted.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).