Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Envshade 1.1.6.3 released

15 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Nah, i only just finished reinstalling p3d after wrecking my install about 10 days back - finally got around to trying the last version of envshade in v5. It stopped single pass from working, which i now know is a well documented issue, but i couldn’t even get stereo mode to work after the envshade install. 

I also started to get dxgi crashes for the first time ever in v5. There’s a lot of talk about “Prepar3d v5 instability” on these forums, and i do wonder how much of it is related to shader mods.

Did you try the funclibrary.fxh file replacement fix that used to *sort of* work with previous envshade?

For everyone who is having issues with the latest update :

- Un- and reinstall P3D Client (will take 2 minutes)

Now you have the default Shaders back. Make a backup of this ShadersHLSL folder so when ever an update does not work correctly you will have the default shaders.

Myself I also make a backup of every good working ShadersHLSL folder that is modified by EnvShade before installing a new update. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Now you have the default Shaders back. Make a backup of this ShadersHLSL folder so when ever an update does not work correctly you will have the default shaders.

Myself I also make a backup of every good working ShadersHLSL folder that is modified by EnvShade before installing a new update. 

The default shaders are backed-up automatically in the documents folder ("envtex"), once you install the envshaders.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 8:34 AM, OzWhitey said:

Nah, i only just finished reinstalling p3d after wrecking my install about 10 days back - finally got around to trying the last version of envshade in v5. It stopped single pass from working, which i now know is a well documented issue, but i couldn’t even get stereo mode to work after the envshade install. 

I also started to get dxgi crashes for the first time ever in v5. There’s a lot of talk about “Prepar3d v5 instability” on these forums, and i do wonder how much of it is related to shader mods.

Shadermods are very tricky and can indeed cause lots of issues and visual glitches. And shadermods will probably need lots of testing after every single P3D update, because LM is always changing shaders. Especially with the prior implementation of TrueSky and needed enhancements. With Truesky a second shader set is implemented. The Root P3D shaders and the truesky shaders.

I did like Envshade a lot! But it is these issues which lead to my decision to uninstall it. 

VR is another level on top of those already mentioned issues. 

And as we all know P3D has still some issues with VRAM management, shadow drawing and rendering PBR materials. All these shaders are being enhanced with Envshade and most likely all these shaders are getting changed because of the existing issues.

I recall XPlane devs trying to "close" this open door for shader modifications. I don´t know if they did. But this had a reason -> instability.

I do hope you will get this proper to work. But I think there always will be some issues.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

58 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I recall XPlane devs trying to "close" this open door for shader modifications. I don´t know if they did. But this had a reason -> instability.

They did, but people still managed to find a workaround. Newly released xVision Vulkan edition supports old shader tweaks.

• Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

40 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

They did, but people still managed to find a workaround. Newly released xVision Vulkan edition supports old shader tweaks.

Thanks for answering. Yes you´re right. I saw that announcement a few weeks ago indeed.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

11 hours ago, GSalden said:

After I broke my install with Envshade, I tried a Client reinstall without success. I think Envshade is making changes in addition to the ShadersHLSL (which, like you, I also back up).

I got P3D working again by doing a second client reinstall after deleting the Envshade install as well. Though I'm still getting occasional DXGI crashes, which I'd never had before modding my shaders.

Marcus mentioned in a previous thread that there were other folders/locations affected when you install Envshade. If this is the case, does anyone know where they are? 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

18 hours ago, glider1 said:

Did you try the funclibrary.fxh file replacement fix that used to *sort of* work with previous envshade?

No, though i'll look into it. However, as I think that stability is one of the most important things in the sim, I doubt I'll go ahead with another try with Envshade plus a "sort of" fix! 🙂

• Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

After I broke my install with Envshade, I tried a Client reinstall without success. I think Envshade is making changes in addition to the ShadersHLSL (which, like you, I also back up).

I got P3D working again by doing a second client reinstall after deleting the Envshade install as well. Though I'm still getting occasional DXGI crashes, which I'd never had before modding my shaders.

Marcus mentioned in a previous thread that there were other folders/locations affected when you install Envshade. If this is the case, does anyone know where they are? 

interesting you mention that ☝️
as perhaps that’s what is causing my truesky clouds to look all weird and not defined and denser as I have seen in some pics and videos.

cheers 

mike

EnvShade only affects Shaders = ShadersHLSL folder 

A un- and reinstall of the P3D Client reinstalls the default shaders.

If you see weird things with default shaders  than it is caused by something else outside EnvShade.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

If you see weird things with default shaders  than it is caused by something else outside EnvShade.

Nuking the ShadersHLSL folder, deleting the shaders folder in Appdata and reinstalling the P3D client are the first steps in restoring a P3D install to its pre-envshade status.

The question is where else does Envshade leave evidence of its install, and which of these parts continue to interact with the ShadersHLSL folder.

It’s not clear to me exactly where everything is installed, and it was harder than I was expecting to return my system to its pre-Envshade state (took a bit of manual deleting and a second reinstall of the P3D client. I did this a fortnight ago and don’t remember exactly which folders required deletion, but my memory was that you need to search for anything called “TOGA” and get rid of that.

There’s no doubt that Envshade interferes with normal sim function, by the way. It’s well documented that the program stops VR from working properly (single pass), as I mentioned in my case it broke both single-pass and stereo mode in Oculus VR. 

Oz

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

The question is where else does Envshade leave evidence of its install, and which of these parts continue to interact with the ShadersHLSL folder.

If you install Envshade via Envdir, the program makes a backup of all affected shader files. You can find the backup in "Documents\Envtex\Backup\P3DvX\ShadersHLSL".

True, backup is there, but not only shadersHSLS, also data, effects, scenery and texture folders. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

7 hours ago, GSalden said:

https://ibb.co/4fsfC2x
https://ibb.co/ryz5DMx

how do you explain this please with truesky clouds

shaders issue??

thanks 

mike

29 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

https://ibb.co/4fsfC2x
https://ibb.co/ryz5DMx

how do you explain this please with truesky clouds

shaders issue??

thanks 

mike

have you tried HDR off to tone down the over exposed white?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next