Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Navigraph acquires SimBrief

1 minute ago, Gadget FPV said:

Wonder if it will still be free...

If you had read the article you wouldn't have to wonder 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I don't see much reason for it to become a paid service at the current time, the founder also appears to still be very much involved in the day-to-day development of the product.

Naturally like anyone I can be proved wrong, but I've always been very happy with what Navigraph has provided for my money in the past and one hopes that further integration of Simbrief and existing Navigraph services will only improve user experience.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Pure speculation on my part:

The existing services as we know them will remain free.

New services and additional features are going to cost. And knowing both Navigraph and simbrief, they will be nothing short of amazing. Definitely willing to and going to pay for that.

Fantastic news.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Remaining free will mean it will be a loss leader for Navigraph, which in some ways is good, but that will mean  it will of course be deliberately limited in its functionality so as not to damage the supporting product it is the gateway to.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Since SimBrief requires a Navigraph subscription,  the acquisition makes perfect sense. When a new airliner is released for any of the three sims, the demand for flight planning expands and more users are attracted to SimBrief. Now Navigraph can actively promote SimBrief as part of its portfolio.

I wonder if Navigraph is considering buying the rights to fsaerodata, which updates the P3d navigation database for each AIRAC. fsaerodata also uses Navigraph and is being discontinued at the end of this year.

• Upvote 4

Good move tbh, but only if Navigraph will actively participate in the further development of the platform, I assume they will. 

I was always surprised that for all these years SimBrief remains fee for services they provide. However, we have to say that SimBrief has some drawbacks (in comparison for PFPX for example, which is totally understandable, because is free), suchs as limitation in Aircraft Profiles (no different engine variants, poor routing for cross the pond routes, etc.). 

I am happy to pay extra bucks per month if Navigraph/Simbrief will add new features I mentioned above more frequently.

Regarding the cost/free usage of Simbrief "by Navigraph. I partly quotet this from FSElite/Simbrief

In an announcement on Facebook, Navigraph has confirmed they have completed a purchase of popular flight planning tool SimBrief. In the statement released by both parties, the community has been reassured that this acquisition is a “natural progression of the already close collaboration between Navigraph and SimBrief” and that users should know that flight planning functionality will continue to be free. SimBrief will continue to operate under the same name but with the tag line “by Navigraph”.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I wonder if Navigraph is considering buying the rights to fsaerodata, which updates the P3d navigation database for each AIRAC. fsaerodata also uses Navigraph and is being discontinued at the end of this year.

That would indeed be interesting!

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

59 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

That would indeed be interesting!

Yep, that would mean i could get rid of an other subscription. i already decided to switch from PFPX to Simbrief now.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Yes if they could buy fsaerodata that would be very good. Currently no way to update all the p3d data without it. When it finishes later this year. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

13 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Why not make them aware of your wish? It probably will not harm to post it at Navigraph forum.

😉 

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, SAX702 said:

Does anyone know if SimBrief's API will remain free of charge?  

Read this page and you will find your answer.....One of my prior posts

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png