Sign in to follow this  
raymar

GTN 750 fans check this out - coming soon to MSFS

4 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Not sure about that - I had NAV data using the GTN 750 for both xPlane and FSX.......

sidafc,

I have used the f1 and the RXP 750 in P3D and in XPlane but the data was never current. This is because of the Garmin connection, I believe.  If one wants currency, then you have to subscribe to the Garmin programme and that is very expensive because it is used in the real world.  At least, that is how it has been explained to me.  If I am incorrect, please let me know and if there is an alternative, could you please PM me with some further details.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

3 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

sidafc,

I have used the f1 and the RXP 750 in P3D and in XPlane but the data was never current. This is because of the Garmin connection, I believe.  If one wants currency, then you have to subscribe to the Garmin programme and that is very expensive because it is used in the real world.  At least, that is how it has been explained to me.  If I am incorrect, please let me know and if there is an alternative, could you please PM me with some further details.

Regards

Tony

Its been a while but I'm sure you could download NAV data via Navigraph using the FMS Data Manager that was compatible with the GTN750.  Can't remember exactly but I do know I used the GTN 750 a lot and never had issues with out of date AIRACs.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

sidfadc, 

Apologies for misspelling your handle in my first post.  All due to my dyslexic typing fingers mate.

I did not have a problem with out of date Garmin, as I used to flight plan with Simbrief using the same AIRAC.  I cannot remember which one that was but it certainly was not current. 

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

18 hours ago, stratone said:

Still BETA and in developement - but it is worth to try it out.

Using it for the C172 and the H135.

Way better than fiddeling around with knobs from the G1000 in flight. Well done.

Do you think we'll be able to use an ipad touch (or similar tablet) with this GTN750?   

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

This is early going, but the graphical UI is very nice!  Almost like the real thing..

Unfortunately, the underlying flightplan logic is still MSFS, and if anything, having the nice UI makes it even more frustrating..

Once Asobo/WT get the basics working correctly, this GTN will be getting a lot of use, I would suspect.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Just now, sidfadc said:

Its been a while but I'm sure you could download NAV data via Navigraph using the FMS Data Manager that was compatible with the GTN750

Not so, unfortunately.. clearly "it has been a while.." :happy:

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not so, unfortunately.. clearly "it has been a while.." :happy:

Haha well if I'm wrong I will hold my hands UP and stand down 🙂  Either way used to love the GTN and can't wait for further updates 

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

@sidfadc Just to clarify - The RXP GTN uses the navdata from the data base in the Garmin trainer, not the navdata in the sim. For newer nav data you have to update the Garmin trainer and will still get outdated navdata  or even have to subscribe to Garmin (very expensive !).

@himmelhorse  You will have problems if the AIRAC used in Simbrief, lets say from navigraph with monthly update, and the Garmin trainer database are not coherelant. Your RXP GTN will simple not understand your flight plan respective parts from it from Simbrief.

As I mentioned before - what was the reason I've never used RXP GTN.

And this is for me the biggest advantage from the PMS50 GTN over the RXP GTN - the actual navdata (with Navigraph).

@Mace No idea, but I guess for the time not. I'm not involved in it in any way - only a user. You can ask on Discord.

Best regards

Detlef

Works pretty well, but I don't get the METAR function to work. I enter the Token, but it is two digits less than the available spaces and I don't get any data. I tried two different Tokens, but not success. Any ideas what's wrong here?

• Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Is this a free mod or a try before you buy? It could also be a limited trial license. This one is confusing.

Anyway, if it doesn't have all the features of the original RXP GTN 750 for XP or P3D v4, I'll patiently wait for MSFS to mature.

MSFS, for me, is currently a "half working" "vfr toy" that I can enjoy every now and then.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi everyone

I am new to this. I have downloaded the free version and placed the folder in the community folder. When I load up the the planes from the list I do not see the new GPS -I still see the generic GPS that comes as standard.

Can you please advise how to activate it in the C172.

Many thanks in advance.

Qas

17 minutes ago, rwy12 said:

Can you please advise how to activate it in the C172.

Load up the C172 with G1000 avionics.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hi Twenty6,

The same thing happened to me. I took the c172 in the "Aircraft Packages", made a copy and put the copy in the Community folder. The gtn 750 folder also has to be in the Community folder.

Note: I got the 750 to display - looks great - but 10 minutes into the flight the sim crashed. Might be an MSFS problem, I don't know. Anyway, good luck.

Jim Morgan

Everyone having "installation issues" - everything is explained in detail in the manual listed in the first post. 

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Is this a free mod or a try before you buy? It could also be a limited trial license. This one is confusing.

Anyway, if it doesn't have all the features of the original RXP GTN 750 for XP or P3D v4, I'll patiently wait for MSFS to mature.

MSFS, for me, is currently a "half working" "vfr toy" that I can enjoy every now and then.

Read fhe manual linked in the first post.