Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

13th April 2021 Developer Q&A: Begins at 10:30 AM PST

7 minutes ago, peroni said:

Have they said when SU4 will come? Is it bundled with WU5 as mentioned in the last q&a?

World Update 5 is slated to arrive in June, so I presume this is when Sim Update 4 is releasing as well. They did talk again at the beginning about joining the two updates together.

38 minutes ago, pstrub said:

World update 5: The Nordics: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland

Yessss! 😁. I'ts absolutely the best news "a Nordic flyer" like med could get. 🤸‍♂️

• Like 2

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

3 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

World Update 5 is slated to arrive in June, so I presume this is when Sim Update 4 is releasing as well. They did talk again at the beginning about joining the two updates together.

I hope they keep in mind people having a cap on their connection. A 45 GB mandatory download SU+WU would be a real nuisance.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The X-Box version will have crossplay multiplayer with PC.

They're working on missing airports (specifically ones missing because of Bing censorship, like Stuttgart)

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Some cool stuff but a lot of important stuff will take a really long time. Not even really having DLSS on the radar is bad. Having TAA is not the same. DLSS doubles my Framerate for Cyberpunk 2077 and is basically mandatory for raytracing. Also no concrete plans for the ATC, which I find quite sad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kakihara123 said:

Not even really having DLSS on the radar is bad. Having TAA is not the same. DLSS doubles my Framerate for Cyberpunk 2077 and is basically mandatory for raytracing.

Agreed. When ray-tracing is added it's going to get really ugly, and at least for the next year, it's going to be extremely hard to acquire a high-end GPU. Considering their partnership with NVIDIA and that the simulator already has motion vectors, I don't understand why they're not even considering it. The current TAAU implementation is fairly good, but DLSS is just much better.

1 minute ago, Axis3600 said:

Nothing for night lighting ?

They said they've worked a lot on it, and their next plan is to improve the quality at long range.

• Like 1

This was quite informative. Way better than the first ones if you ask me. I really enjoy these Q&As. Looking forward to the new planes and the nordic update. We might even get the highly desired Faroe Islands! The only thing that disappointed was that they didn‘t really respond to the question about morphing mountain terrain but there you go. 

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

They are very excited for the performance and memory optimisation the engine team has put on the Xbox branch. Sebastian is estimating a 3x improvement in memory usage, less disk swapping and shorter loading times.

Does this only apply to Xbox or will it also be the case for PCs ?

And I don't know too much about memory management, but we should have a performance gain in terms of fluidity ?

1 hour ago, Axis3600 said:

And I don't know too much about memory management, but we should have a performance gain in terms of fluidity ?

Because when you load the 3d, textures first they go into the RAM and then into the GPU. So when the vram of the gpu is full, it stores the needed assets in the RAM and thus it will keep shuffling between ram and gpu which causes the stutters and the general performance issues.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Axis3600 said:

Does this only apply to Xbox or will it also be the case for PCs ?

Yes, they said in past Q&A sessions that the optimisations for the Xbox version will benefit the PC version as well, and the improvements will be most noticeable on low-end systems. They also directly addressed the comments in chat about dumbing down the simulator for the Xbox, saying that it's not true.

• Like 1

They completely misunderstood the question about LOD mountain/coastline "morphing". I was so excited to see that question asked as this is a big one for me. Unfortunately the question was asked in a bit of a confusing way that combined the coastline glitch and they seemed to only focus on the "coastline" portion of the question. Stating that coastlines are important and will be a focus going forward. ...Umm OK. Nothing at all about the actual LOD problems that cover all terrain. Very frustrating. They either don't recognize this as an issue , they are playing dumb for whatever reason or they simply don't know about it. I'm leaning towards "who the heck knows" because the "morphing" is apparent even in their latest promo video showcasing the before and after for update 4. Not a good sign at all! Yikes!

• Like 3

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

Similar to DLSS.  When asked about it a few twitch sessions back, Martial replied 'SS, yes', but looked confused. He obviously misunderstood the question.  I wish they would give a reason why they do not plan to implement it.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Similar to DLSS.  When asked about it a few twitch sessions back, Martial replied 'SS, yes', but looked confused. He obviously misunderstood the question.  I wish they would give a reason why they do not plan to implement it.

because the issue is that we are not GPU bound but CPU bound. You wouldn't get more FPS using DLSS.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.