Sign in to follow this  
anitelite

latest update, still the stutters.

Is this a priority for Asobo ?  I thought by now enough of us were having these that the priority might move up the list.   I just did a short hop and for the first 30 minutes all was well...but in the last 10 minutes descending to the airport, the stutters came roaring back.  

• Like 3

What add-ons do you use?  What hardware are you running?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

no addons....I'm running at moderate levels for everything.  Everything is fine until I get down around 1000 - 1500 above ground and slowed down for final and that's when it really shows up

Have you got Multiplayer turned on?  If so, turn it off and try again.

Thomas Derbyshire

I get stutters on every final approach with the CRJ. It’s not because of my settings or my hardware, it’s because there is currently a problem with stuttering. If this is because I am flying the CRJ, then that is a problem too. I have the CRJ in P3dv5 with no stutters. There will continue to be stutters until the problem is addressed.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

That's my feeling too.  I don't remember this being such a big issue until update 3.  But to answer sidfadc's suggestion, I did find one multiplayer heading under traffic i believe.  None were turned on but I turned them all either off or to low if there was no off.   I'm not overly hopeful, but its worth a try.

After the last hotfix before world update 4 I had it pretty dialed in.....but of course update time and now its back to stutter city....I never thought I would say this but man I hate updates.......

Although I've had a very stable sim, only 3 CTD's since release and over 200 hours, the best performance I ever had was the very first version. Every update has chipped away at something and my performance and stutters get worse and worse. This last update it got really bad where I started cranking down settings and it just didn't make sense. GPU/CPU loads were below 50% and still stuttering.

Maybe DirectX12 will cure it? I'll cross my fingers. 

Edit: I see in another thread that the stutters may be multiplayer related.

Edited by PWJT8D
  • Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

+1 first time that I have to go down the parameters to have a little more fluidity! Again the game would have had a graphical improvement or a bigger LOD OK. But it is not the case it regrets! It is less and less beautiful compared to the previous version!

I too get 'pauses' about 5 miles out from major airports. From what I can deduce it is scenery loading as I noticed on approaching EGLL static planes suddenly appearing! There is constant hard disk activity at the same time. I have a high end computer but due to a smallish monitor I run on 'high' settings only. Multi player is turned off.

I am in that ship also, same issues as mentioned from the others.. 

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I get freezes every 1 or 2 minutes where the FPS tanks and then goes up normally again.

This does not happen in VR however. No issues on approaches otherwise. 

I have a modest i7 8700K (no OC), Nvidia EVGA 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, running a mix of ultra and high settings that took me sometimes to select, and no stutter of any kind regardless of the plane I fly (FBW A320 Dev, CJ4, Trinidad TB21 in particular). Stutters are linked essentially to a) hardware capabilities, b) MSFS settings. Did you try Multi player OFF, did you delete your cache? There are so many variables to consider!

If we "push" our hardware to the limits, either the CPU or the GPU - or both - will struggle to deliver a smooth experience. Although this is no fun, the only solution is to work on the settings and try different one, starting with High on all, or even lower if needed, and work upward until we strike the right balance. Compare our hardware specifications with those published by Asobo and - objectively - assess what we can achieve. It is interesting to note that none of the above post show PC specifications nor MSFS settings (see Mace post above). Hence it is impossible to draw any conclusion.

Edited by Jean-Claude

6 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

I get stutters on every final approach with the CRJ. It’s not because of my settings or my hardware, it’s because there is currently a problem with stuttering. If this is because I am flying the CRJ, then that is a problem too. I have the CRJ in P3dv5 with no stutters. There will continue to be stutters until the problem is addressed.

Cheers, Pete

Actually I am finding it’s much worse than before. Lower FPS and stuttering in areas where there were few before the UK update. (Eg LOWI and the Alps.)
agree some Mods can exacerbate the situation but something has definitely changed for the worse. I do not use photogrammetry, rolling cache and MP are off.

Asobo have admitted poor performance issues are still not resolved, so let’s hope.

• Upvote 1