Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Consensus on reducing spinning circle loading indicator?

10 minutes ago, Noel said:

Are you certain on that Dave?  It is subtle as I say...

Well let me just say that I don't notice any pause associated with the little spinning circle and WHY I don't notice isnt a problem for me.  For all I know, every time the circle appears, a group of trained monkeys enter my room and replace everything in it but I could have just been hypnotized by said spinning circle and therefore never have noticed.

Ignorance is bliss I think they say.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

4 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Well let me just say that I don't notice any pause associated with the little spinning circle and WHY I don't notice isnt a problem for me.  For all I know, every time the circle appears, a group of trained monkeys enter my room and replace everything in it but I could have just been hypnotized by said spinning circle and therefore never have noticed.

Ignorance is bliss I think they say.

OK, well as I say it's not really a pause it's a brief stutter/hiccough.  Thanks

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Well, I did it again.  I signed out of XBox Live (i.e., out of MSFS while in the main screen), and voila, no more spinning wheel during flight.  Just a short one when the plane was loaded on the tarmac at KRNO.  I just did this flight to KSBA before trying this and within 10 min I'd seen it doing its spinning thing at least 20 times over 10 minutes.   Zero times during flight after signout and back in again.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I've noticed it spin whenever I approach a new location.

• Like 1

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

I get that circle thing perhaps for perhaps 2-5 seconds once on maybe every 10th flight or even less. Normally it is only visible during the checking for updates loading screen. What I am saying is that there is probably something amiss if you get it on a frequent enough basis that it could annoy you. 

I do not use either cache option and have a 50 MB fibre line (wired, not wireless). A very average PC by today’s standards with all settings on high running 3K. Only fly real time 1:1 with some flights over 4 hours but most around 1 hour. No other other programs running on the PC, except Track IR and pushback helper.... if that helps. (I use an iPad for charts etc and browsing the forum if I am a bit bored).

When I set up a fresh PC install, I immediately go into the Start Up section of Windows and disable programs and apps from auto starting with Windows. This includes Adobe Reader which phones home to check for updates constantly. Oh and no AV packages either.Windows inbuilt Defender is as good as any.

Maybe this helps...;-)

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thanks everybody.  This is one of those things that is very hard to nail down, and for which there are very different opinions as to what's causing what.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed....but def not holding my breath!  I made two changes and so far all's well, I mean to say I'm only seeing the whirling dervish when I load a flight largely.  What I did was look at all the process users defined as NETWORK SERVICE, and took those CPU affinities off of MSFS' main thread core, using Process Lasso.  Also, just in case, I disabled the Intel wireless adapter in Device Manager because I'm using direct ethernet connection.  Way too early to know if this is what actually did the trick or if the trick will hold up but I will let you know as I approach landing at CYYC in the Citation L.  For a 800nm flight that I'm on right now I would have seen this 100 times or more and so far only 3x.   I'm guessing getting closer to the airport and metro scenery it may rear its ugly head but as I say crossing me fingers!

This is one helpful group of people at Avsim I am grateful.

Noel

I had it spinning constantly all the way between Flagstaff and Sedona last night - About 15 to 20 minutes - and I mean constantly without a break - strange! 

I think it was a one-off bug or got stuck, as it doesn't normally spin for that long; the flight was fine anyway, with expected performance.

Next time it starts popping up for prolonged periods, I will try this logging in and out process to see if it cures it.

By the way, I think I get a slight pause or stutter just when it appears for the first time.  It is more the visual distraction that is the problem for me rather than anything performance wise.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I've never seen it while flying, which is odd because my new Ryzen CPU is severely bottlenecked by a GTX 1080. Just to be clear, stutters do happen every now and then but only when the GPU is struggling to keep up. No spinning circle from what I can tell.

Not sure if it's of any use to you, but I fly with photogrammetry and multiplayer both turned off. Live weather is turned on. My computer is wired to a 5000/5000 mbit internet connection with the router sitting less than a foot away.

I hope you find a solution.

I see it all the time. 

Utterly stupid in my opinion; there is no need whatsoever for me to know the sim is thinking – I expect it to be thinking(/processing etc). 

• Like 1

I made it thru that 3h flight and only saw the dervish 3x or so.  

Shut down the PC, came back a few minutes ago and started a flight from KTVL to KACV, and the thing just about was constantly spinning!  I forgot about Dlermond's suggestion above, but I did do what I did before--exact same flight, but this time I only saw it once!   Once again, all I did was sign out of XBox Live (by signing out of MSFS, when then signs you right back in again.  I repeated the same flight that was constantly spinning dervish a few minute ago and again, no spinning so far and I'm a ways into it already.  So there is def a way to reduce or shut it down.  I haven't checked to see if it persists, after I land and try starting new flight w/o shutting down MSFS.

Noel

OK, I can confirm you can virtually completely eliminate the dervish if you first open MSFS, then sign out of MSFS (Xbox Live), after which you are prompted to log back in w/ your retained credentials, then you will hardly see it appear, almost never IOW.  You do go thru slightly different initialization graphics when you do this but otherwise all seems normal.  If you complete a flight, then setup another flight w/o restarting MSFS, this behavior persists thankfully since it doubles the initialization to the Welcome screen.   Once you terminate MSFS however, you will get the thing spinning as per usual if you don't go thru this ritual again.  I'd say there's real hope this too will be resolved by Asobo because all aspects of the flight seem otherwise the same.  But smoother w/o the dervish.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

I experience the same as you Noel.  And I take a lot of screenshots lol...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I experience the same as you Noel.  And I take a lot of screenshots lol...

Ryan do you know if anyone yet has zendesked it?  The fact you can reliably sign out and then back in to Xbox Live and lose the problem, and it is a problem quite clearly for some, seems like something that could be troubleshot and resolved.

Noel

I had the spinning circle and stutters quute a lot between WU3/SU3 and WU4/SU4.  Since WU4/SU4 I've hardly seen it.  It seems to be something they have fixed for now.  Interesting that you guys are still experiencing it.

When I have seen it is after slewing for a few miles and the sim is loading new scenery, which is why I always thought it was showing scenery downloading rather than disk access.

I'm not sure why the sim would be writing too much to the HD during a flight unless perhaps it was writing to the swap file.

I'm running the sim on a 1TB M.2 SSD so disk access (if that is occuring) should be pretty quick.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I"ve also got m.2 NVMe 2TB drives and still would get a hiccough with each appearance of the dervish--subtle, but absolutely there.  

Member dlermond nailed it I believe.  When I entered Dev Mode, navigate to Console, I could see all three caches (Errors, Warnings, Messages) were rather full and had never been flushed presumably.  Since hitting each of those buttons to clear them I haven't seen a dervish yet, but I'm only 45 minutes into a flight.  I saw the dervish 3 times before making it halfway from gate to runway at KSAV.  Those caches presumably were since initial install.  I just checked after 45 minutes and there were no new entries.  This deserves to be shared so after this flight completes if all stays well I will repost it in a new thread.  Thanks dlermond!

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Noel