Sign in to follow this  
Chock

FlyInside Bell 47G for MSFS released

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Thanks for that explanation...no wonder I always died in XP11 using the Dreamfoil Bell 407 lol.  Is there a side escape manuever as well?  I think I've seen a video where they kinda moved out the VRS to the side.

Yep, you can Ryan. In fact you can move in any direction. The disc (the main rotor) doesn't know which way is forward! To it, whichever way it's moving is forward, so yes sideways, backwards is just as effective. The thing is, when in VRS, the controls become very sloppy. When you move the cyclic in the direction you want to go, initially nothing happens for a few seconds (which feels like an eternity when you do it for the first time!). Eventually the little directional vector you do have will move the heli into clean air. Forward is obviously preferable because it offers the best vision.

Cheers.

Murray Dreyer

For those of you hitting CTDs, is there any chance you have a manually sized or small page file?

The 47has a rather large systems+flight model WASM gauge, which may be eating RAM in MSFS.  I'm wondering if these are out-of-memory crashes or something different.

This heli is so immersive in VR, especially when the engine says 'good bye' at 500feet above the ground and you (in panic) tries to autorotate... In the meaning of tries.

Edited by pemigris
Typo

@anprogrammer

You managed to overcome the yaw detent effect which the 135 project currently has when flying forward and swinging the tail back and forth. Was this something built into the sim for which you needed to find a work around?

This video on the VRS is pretty interesting.  Check out around 2 minutes where it uses smoke to allow you to visually see the VRS in action.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

@anprogrammer

You managed to overcome the yaw detent effect which the 135 project currently has when flying forward and swinging the tail back and forth. Was this something built into the sim for which you needed to find a work around?

We're running our own flight model, injected into the simulator.  So probably how we do it is completely different from how they'd need to fix it.

• Like 2

Just so everyone knows we've got an update rolling out today, with some nice fixes.  It'll be available on our website, and Heli Manager can take you to the download too once it's live.

Rick will be showing it off on his Twitch stream at 12pm ET   - https://www.twitch.tv/rotorrick

• Like 4

Just took for a spin after patch. First things I noticed is that . But Bell flies just fine! 🙂

unknown.png?width=2094&height=1178

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

That might be the most out of balance aircraft I’ve seen in flightsim history lol 

I’m guessing with the external flight model that number doesn’t have an effect hence why it’s flying well.  Looking forward to trying out the patched version tonight.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Also I tried autorotation but as soon as engine goes off Bell pitches up and fall out of sky. I wonder if anyone else succeeded doing autorotation after patch? 

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Also I tried autorotation but as soon as engine goes off Bell pitches up and fall out of sky. I wonder if anyone else succeeded doing autorotation after patch? 

Hmmm - that shouldn't've changed with the patch.  I just tried one, didn't see a difference between the two builds.

electrical issues still persist after the latest patch. I'm not sure if it relates to failures but every time I fly more than 30 minutes day or night  avionic power and lights goes off

unknown.png?width=2094&height=1178

1 hour ago, anprogrammer said:

Hmmm - that shouldn't've changed with the patch.  I just tried one, didn't see a difference between the two builds.

Should I uninstall and redownload?