Sign in to follow this  
Chock

FlyInside Bell 47G for MSFS released

I found this a useful vid

Not so sure they've got their's set to "reastic mode" looking at the input and stability 😉

This utility helped reduce my controller input lag a little  (ignore the over-the-top title). The app showed that my controllers defaulted to 4 - 8  intervals, MSFS appears to at least double the amount of lag you see in the Windows Setup USB Game Controllers menu. Motion reprojection in VR adds even more. Hopefully Asobo can find a way to cut it back without affecting FPS, though it's probably not much of an issue until flying helicopters

Edited by dogmanbird

This vid is my favorite; watch his cyclic travel

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

and this one. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Does anyone know how properly adjust mixture for high elevation airports?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

With realism mode on, hovering low to ground up to about 50ft (a guess) and keeping the rpm within the margins, could the rotor wash / messy air be influencing the heli too much to be realistic? Strangely, dropping the RPM to around 23-25, or, increasing to 33-35, makes low hovering easier and more like what I see in videos of real 47g low hover

Is it normal for the 47g to have almost no yaw / tail swinging effect during collective input, (in realistic mode) with large collective movements? 

Sitting on the ground, I can run the throttle at max endlessly without the engine failing and can wind the rpm off the dial (ready to boost to the moon!)

Edited by dogmanbird

2 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

With realism mode on, hovering low to ground up to about 50ft (a guess) and keeping the rpm within the margins, could the rotor wash / messy air be influencing the heli too much to be realistic? Strangely, dropping the RPM to around 23-25, or, increasing to 33-35, makes low hovering easier and more like what I see in videos of real 47g low hover

Is it normal for the 47g to have almost no yaw / tail swinging effect during collective input, (in realistic mode) with large collective movements? 

Sitting on the ground, I can run the throttle at max endlessly without the engine failing and can wind the rpm off the dial (ready to boost to the moon!)

We have an "affordance" that you cannot blow the engine on a low collective setting.  Mostly so our governor doesn't blow the engine during fast spool-up 😉

You should have tail-swing when making a collective input, in fact you can swing the tail left and right with throttle without adjusting collective too.

Thanks for responding. 

I don't see much tail swing, what's there is very small and slow, and can't be noticed unless the collective is yanked fully up for 3 seconds or more, even with 35+ rpm. Am I supposed to see it as soon as the collective is raised? I'm just wondering if there's something wrong with my install of the Heli

While in realistic mode, if I use the mouse to turn on the governor via the collective switch box, the manifold pressure jumps to 30 and locks itself there and the engine eventually fails.

A lot of questions I know, but I am really enjoying your helicopter. It's the only thing I've flown since it's release. 🙂 It's a bit tricky to find pilot info on the control characteristics of the 47 apart from what I find in youtube videos, which don't describe much about the handling.

Edited by dogmanbird

After initially thinking i'd purchased a complete mess of a Heli i eventually swallowed my pride and dialed the realism settings back tweaked my Joystick settings and set about putting the hours in.  I wasn't going to be defeated!  

A good 30hrs later, slowly dialing the settings towards realistic along the way (I'm there now!) i can honestly say this is imo the best aircraft addon for the sim and the best Heli outside of DCS.  What an absolute blast!  I'm hopelessly addicted to it 😄

The only thing i'd like to see is the ability to add a modern navigation system to it, which is clearly not a realism issues as seen in the vids above.    If i could stick the 750 into it that would make it absolutely perfect.  I hope the devs are considering this option.

I cant wait to see what Heli they come up with next.  It'll be an instant purchase whatever it is.

Easily the best £25 i've spent so far in this sim.

• Like 1

I'm really loving it too. In the beginning I thought I was never going to get the hang of it, but the last couple of weeks I've been flying laps around the airport at full speed while just few metres off  ground with maxed realism, governor off, engine failures on and really enjoying it. I think the add on has a few minor quirks plus MSFS's input lag in VR isn't helping, but I'm so glad that the airbus 135 guys and flyinside guys have released things that require a decent level of coordination skills and not just procedural skill otherwise I think I'd have lost interest in the sim 👍

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

I'm really loving it too. In the beginning I thought I was never going to get the hang of it, but the last couple of weeks I've been flying laps around the airport at full speed while just few metres off  ground

Much the same but instead of airports I've taken to flying it to my favorite racetracks (former sim racer 😉 ) and doing laps around them as low and fast as i can 🙂

• Like 1

I absolutely love Bell! I just wish they implemented AI co-pilot that could fly straight and level because my "cyclic hand" is getting tired  rather quickly during  long haul! LOL

unknown.png?width=1083&height=609

unknown.png?width=1083&height=609

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

If any fellow Bell addicts fancy a group flyaround session, or if anyone knows of a group that regularly fly together then please let me know.   Name a time and airport and ill be there!

• Like 1