Sign in to follow this  
Chock

FlyInside Bell 47G for MSFS released

I really love the adjustable difficulty levels.  I fly on medium when I want the pure challenge of keeping it in the air (never mind the hardest difficulty just yet!) and I dial it back to easy when I want to mindlessly sightsee.  Really enjoyable aircraft overall.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I really love the adjustable difficulty levels.  I fly on medium when I want the pure challenge of keeping it in the air (never mind the hardest difficulty just yet!) and I dial it back to easy when I want to mindlessly sightsee.  Really enjoyable aircraft overall.

I love it too. But no compromises for me! I have started with realistic settings, and "lived and died" many lifes before I could fly Bell! LOL

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 hours ago, The Moose said:

If any fellow Bell addicts fancy a group flyaround session, or if anyone knows of a group that regularly fly together then please let me know.   Name a time and airport and ill be there!

ive never tried the multiplayer and that would be fun.  i wouldn't fly too close to me though 😉

Having purchased the FlyInside Bell 47G a few days ago and tested it in MSFS, I can say that I have really mixed feelings, especially regarding its flight handling.

I have flown many helicopters in X-Plane, Dreamfoil B407 and AS350 as well as the default R22 and 206, and Dodo 206 in FSX, and I have also been involved in creating and optimizing many flight models for HTR (Helicopter Total Realism) plugin for FSX. I also had a RL flight in an R22 some years ago, having got the controls for some of the time.

Is it my idea or is this Bell 47 reacting too slowly to cyclic inputs? I mean, it seems it's reacting to inputs like it has much more inertia/mass than its size suggests. The effect is that it's needing larger cyclic motions to respond and that seems to make it difficult to control it precisely and many times I find myself overshooting in realistic mode. This happens even after I adjust both FSUIPC axes curves and the 47G cyclic settings in MSFS.

I don't have this issue with any of the above mentioned helicopters. Even the Dreamfoil AS350, which is a handful, I can control and hover with extreme precision as it's pretty quick to respond to even minimal inputs. The Dreamfoil B407 is said to be 'spot on' in its handling by people who have many flight hours on the real thing, and the same goes for the Dodo B206.

Is this seemingly 'sluggish' response indeed realistic for the Bell 47G? Is it because it's an old bird? Are all other helicopters overly quick to responses?

Edited by nikaslan

they have sad themselves controls are laggy and are investigating on their own forum.

maybe because it has its on flightmodel, they dont know yet.

I have absolutely no idea how a real helicopter flies, I have never even been in one, but...I would not describe my experience with the Bell 47 as being "sluggish," quite the opposite really...

edit: Ninja-ed by wim, but I have not noticed any lag. Is it everybody or system dependent?

Edited by Target71

32 minutes ago, Target71 said:

I have absolutely no idea how a real helicopter flies, I have never even been in one, but...I would not describe my experience with the Bell 47 as being "sluggish," quite the opposite really...

edit: Ninja-ed by wim, but I have not noticed any lag. Is it everybody or system dependent?

some users experience it , not everyone, again one of those things..lol..maybe it is just a windows issue with usb.

i do not have the bell.

Thanks for the tip regarding Flyinside's forums, didn't know about them, I will surely check there.

Well, I have to report that my issue has been resolved

One thing I have missed till now was that the Heli Manager had the option to set your custom sensitivity settings. I had scrolled until the “Enable Engine Failures” option, didn’t understood that there was more below... In Realistic mode the "cyclic sensitivity" setting is set to 80%.

Remember I talked about things like “this Bell 47 reacting too slowly to cyclic inputs” and “that it's needing larger cyclic motions to respond”?
Well, the moment I set cyclic sensitivity to 100% these things suddenly disappeared! The heli became responsive and I can control it very precisely now. Hovering and landing in restricted spaces is confident and precise. Tail stability remained to 0 and Heli Stability to 5.

Happy camper (and customer) now, I am leaving you to continue flying in the fjords 😛

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nikaslan said:

Well, I have to report that my issue has been resolved

One thing I have missed till now was that the Heli Manager had the option to set your custom sensitivity settings. I had scrolled until the “Enable Engine Failures” option, didn’t understood that there was more below... In Realistic mode the "cyclic sensitivity" setting is set to 80%.

Remember I talked about things like “this Bell 47 reacting too slowly to cyclic inputs” and “that it's needing larger cyclic motions to respond”?
Well, the moment I set cyclic sensitivity to 100% these things suddenly disappeared! The heli became responsive and I can control it very precisely now. Hovering and landing in restricted spaces is confident and precise. Tail stability remained to 0 and Heli Stability to 5.

Happy camper (and customer) now, I am leaving you to continue flying in the fjords 😛

Never occurred to me to push it to 100. I tried the other direction, which was worse. I'll go give it a try, kinda makes sense just thinking about it.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Just have to share that I had one of the most immersive and engaging flights in this Sim flying this great helo.  Started from KNRS Imperial Beach right by the US/Mexico border and headed North through San Diego, hugging the coastline at approx 1200 feet all the way to CL07, Queen Mary Heliport in Long Beach, making a precise approach and landing in a tiny postage-stamp-sized area next to the rotunda that used to house the Spruce Goose.  

So many sights to see along 110 miles if extremely scenic beaches and cliffs - the Coronado Peninsula, AI ship traffic in San Diego harbor, Torrey Pines, Del Mar racetrack, gobs and gobs more terminating at a busy port with cool scenery and a good landing challenge.  Highly recommend both this helo and that flight. Fantastic way to take in the view and further hone the old stick-and-rudder skills.

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Hi All,

We have an update launching tomorrow (9/23) afternoon!  It's been a while, but we've been making some pretty deep changes to the helicopter to increase performance.  We've also enhanced our physics calculations so that the cyclic remains responsive even at low frame-rates.  If you were running at high fps before you won't notice any difference, but if you were down ~25 or lower you'll notice a big change in handling.

• Optimizes Bell 47  by combining textures, remapping UVs, and merging materials.  Reduces both CPU and GPU utilization, should yield 10-25% performance improvement on most PCs
  • Resolves missing material on tail section, fixes right-hand door rivet placement
  • Adds Old Orange livery
  • Adds Gulf Line livery

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The performance improvements are nice, especially in VR.  The update will be available from https://flyinside-helis.com/

Edited by anprogrammer
  • Like 1