Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado Seneca Released

4 hours ago, styckx said:

Thanks for that.

Ugh. The audio sounds are abysmal. That's a big no from me

As long as the sound isn't overly in my face distracting, doesn't bother me. It's ashame though if they made the sound bad enough to be distracting like on the PA-44. I have to turn OFF the cockput sound in the PA-44 to even fly it.

This plane actually looks kind of fun, and might be my 3rd plane purchased.

As far as flight modeling goes, I always liked the King Air from FSX, but that was about the only Carenado I remember as having a really good flight model, actually there was at least 2 others that were above average (forget which they were). Carenado is not terrible at flight modeling, they are just hit or miss, 25% is good usually and like 50% is terrible, and 25% is kind of somewhere between.

This is my main issue with the PA-44, the internal cockpit sound has that hum. It may in fact exist in a real PA-44, but that doesn't mean i want every obnoxious sound in the game to be true to life, because for 1) we all have different speakers and rooms which amplify or lessen certain frequencies, so if Carenado is mastering sound they need to keep it somewhat neutral sounding or at least test it on a lot of different speakers. You could master some sound and expect it to sound a certain way, then go to a different room and find out it was really bad on some setups.

Waiting to hear more from Mr. Chock to see what he thinks 🙂

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Well, the rudder appears massively sensitive

I am remiss, flying more hours in a previous sim for a variety of reasons.  Does establishing a better rudder sensitivity setting affect all aircraft?  Or does it require establishing a totally new profile?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

58 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

As long as the sound isn't overly in my face distracting, doesn't bother me. It's ashame though if they made the sound bad enough to be distracting like on the PA-44. I have to turn OFF the cockput sound in the PA-44 to even fly it.

🙂

This is one you need to try for yourself before you write it off.  The comment you quoted is from someone watching the review video on Youtube. Asobo seems to have done something with the sound of certain aircraft in general after the last patch.  The default Cessna 172 cockpit sounds changed from what they were before sounding more like a headset representation of the internal sounds.   I don't have a problem with the Seneca's sounds.  The ground sounds could be adjusted but the engine sounds are no different than what the real aircraft would sound like if you had headsets on... 

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, styckx said:

Thanks for that.

Ugh. The audio sounds are abysmal. That's a big no from me

The cockpit sounds in this bird reminds me of what Dreamfleet did years ago.  They modeled the internal sounds as it would sound if your wearing a headset.  Don't go by the Youtube video, you have to hear the sounds in your own sim.  Again the ground handling sounds need to be toned down a bit but that's about it. 

I'll add that the night lighting in the cockpit needs a tad bit of work. That forward panel needs to be lit up a bit more.  There's functioning dome lights but they don't light up the forward panel. The gauge back lighting is great but you can't see key knobs on the main panel at night.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

FS2020 

that's the only thing that is my big gripe about fs2020... poor sounds most aircraft (runway sounds are too faint, poor wind noise etc... ) and NO VIBRATIONS OR HEAD MOTION... we need XP Realistic NOW!!! the sim is dead with motion... totally not realistic

I'll wait for Chock's review before deciding, so far I bought all their planes with the exception of the 182 (oh and the piper which I got JF's instead) and I think they are 'fine'.   Bit expensive in $AUD so not sure if I want to put down $45 for this one given how many planes I have already but I'd be interested to hear where it sits so to speak, is this a station wagon type PA44 or closer to the King Air?

Edited by stefaandk
addition

4 minutes ago, stefaandk said:

I'll wait for Chock's review before deciding, so far I bought all their planes with the exception of the 182 and I think they are 'fine'.   Bit expensive in $AUD so not sure if I want to put down $45 for this one given how many planes I have already but I'd be interested to hear where it sits so to speak, is this a station wagon type PA44 or closer to the King Air?

At 165kts cruising speed it's no where near the Kingair.  It's a great bird just the same in FS.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

15 minutes ago, JETPETER2 said:

that's the only thing that is my big gripe about fs2020... poor sounds most aircraft (runway sounds are too faint, poor wind noise etc... ) and NO VIBRATIONS OR HEAD MOTION... we need XP Realistic NOW!!! the sim is dead with motion... totally not realistic

No head motion???  Not sure what sim your using.  As I said above most sound sets in the sim sound as it would if you had headsets on in the cockpit which is how it should be and always is in the real world.  I'm surprised XPlane's sound sets don't model this.  Loud cockpit soundsets went out back in the FS9 days (I skipped FSX).  Just like Eric Ernst's 767 ushered in proper cockpit sounds for airliners instead of sounding like you were in the cabin over the engines Dreamfleet did the same in the A36 with the headset option. If your sitting in the cockpit you have a headset on.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

9 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

The two other Carenados are both AOG in MSFS2020, with multiple issues, as far as I can glean from forums so I certainly wouldn't even entertain the idea of buying this one at this stage.

And as Hangar says - if it's on Market Place then it's a no no anyway. Trouble installing liveries, etc

Not being able to tinker with Carenado's aircraft's flight models puts anything by them out of bounds for me.

That's three good reasons not to purchase. One would have been enough.

good grief you people are insufferable.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dillon said:

At 165kts cruising speed it's no where near the Kingair.  It's a great bird just the same in FS.

So pretty much about the same as the DA-62, not too bad. I use the DA-62 for short flights on occasion, just the autopilot bugs freak me out sometimes on the DA-62. 

Are there any weird ILS issues with it, I only need approach mode to work really, don't care about VNAV.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

10 minutes ago, CombatCustard said:

good grief you people are insufferable.

Would be pilots.  Gamers are fine.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

KBDR?  You a rotary chief?

Nope. Tried to get into Sikorski when I retired and returned to CT in '95, but couldn't get my foot in the door. Ended up getting a job in plastic molding/thermoforming. Been there for 25 years now. Haven't touched an aircraft in that time.

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Review of the Seneca:

• Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've seen some very contradicting reviews of this one. Ranging from top notch to awful. Acquaintance of mine (flew the Seneca for his CPL, granted it was 20 years ago) gave it a 2/5 rating, mostly due to how engine-out (yaw/ airspeed decay / cross control) was portraited. Engine parameters like oil temp/pressures were off aswell.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Review of the Seneca:

Thanks for this review, once again.

Still, I don’t have any payware aircraft. I don’t know if I will pass this as well. I am not sure if this would give me much more while we have DA62 and KingAir in the default hangar... We will see.