Sign in to follow this  
Noel

This just in: is it possible this did more than lose...

...the spinning circle indicator lower right screen?  See this entry for how to do this:  https://forums.flightsimulator.com/u/ZahiDhuubow  You can also simply hit the 'clear' button to the right of the other buttons logged in the console.

So besides getting rid of the spinning indicator I'm also back to totally smooth flights even in relatively complex airports like KLAS which I've not been able to do using Ultra settings that I could do previously but haven't been able to do reliably for weeks.  Still too early to be sure but my hunch is this might also be contributing to restoration of prior performance/behavior, besides getting rid of the microstutter inducing frequently spinning indicator.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 minutes ago, Noel said:

...the spinning circle indicator lower right screen?  See this entry for how to do this:  https://forums.flightsimulator.com/u/ZahiDhuubow  You can also simply hit the 'clear' button to the right of the other buttons logged in the console.

So besides getting rid of the spinning indicator I'm also back to totally smooth flights even in relatively complex airports like KLAS which I've not been able to do using Ultra settings that I could do previously but haven't been able to do reliably for weeks.  Still too early to be sure but my hunch is this might also be contributing to restoration of prior performance/behavior, besides getting rid of the microstutter inducing frequently spinning indicator.

So the link is supposed to tell us what?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Noel said:

See this entry for how to do this:  https://forums.flightsimulator.com/u/ZahiDhuubow

I believe you have linked to a user profile on the MSFS forums rather than to a specific post.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Sir, this is a Wendy's drive-thru.

Edited by Scottoest
  • Like 1

image.png.babe998bf6c1d89cfb223fe20ac52400.png

56 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

Click Bait...

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

OK. I seem to have got rid of the whirling disc by switching all my avatar settings back to default. Could some one please try this and confirm? (I had previously opened the dev console and noticed a number of avatar errors.) Maybe it was just opening the console that did it?

Edited by jarmstro

It's not often a AVSIM thread makes me lol but when it does.....

I have no punchline...

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Joke all you wish but this has fully restored excellent performance for me.  This is the first time this has been the case in at least a month in fact it's best ever.  100% smooth, stutter free flight once again.  And even GPU and CPU load are predictable and correlate w/ maintenance of vsync to 30Hz.

Noel

I noticed no difference FPS in clearing the dev console window 'warnings and errors' as suggested by your linked posts.  I was hoping it would, but I was at the gate so maybe while moving (I will test later).  More interesting to me was the shear volume of issues associated with the MS default kingair concerning 'knob animations' when you are not even in that plane.  I tried pulling the kingair out of the FS directory but when re-entering the game, it will download it again, so that does not work.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

6 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I noticed no difference FPS in clearing the dev console window 'warnings and errors' as suggested by your linked posts.  I was hoping it would, but I was at the gate so maybe while moving (I will test later).  More interesting to me was the shear volume of issues associated with the MS default kingair concerning 'knob animations' when you are not even in that plane.  I tried pulling the kingair out of the FS directory but when re-entering the game, it will download it again, so that does not work.

I don't look at FPS per se, just how well the sim can maintain the minimum 30 for vsync to a 30Hz screen.  But for me this is persisting now over maybe 6 flights now and thankfully along w/ it the spinning indicator is essentially completely gone.  I did just fly out of KSBA to KRNO in the Citation L and had a lovely totally stutter-free flight thru the FLOUT departure procedure.  As I went over the coast range there thru dense clouds I had to dial back a few more GPU-heavy sliders to maintain that but all remained well.  For some reason thin hazy cloud density can have a big impact on my modest GPU but this has always been the case.  

What you alude to, the sheer number of warnings and errors, which I have not bothered to read.  One wonders if a reinstall of MSFS might clear up some of this up--no one here knows unless they've had a similar experience and indeed it helped.  Right now, for reasons I don't appreciate, laying down new errors/warning/messages in the console after clearing them does not result in the spinning indicator returning.  But I have been doing this ritual w/ all flights w/ very nice results thusfar.  It was not long ago I was about to park it again and return to P3D but alas we're back to fully functional so far.

Noel

28 minutes ago, Noel said:

I don't look at FPS per se, just how well the sim can maintain the minimum 30 for vsync to a 30Hz screen.  But for me this is persisting now over maybe 6 flights now and thankfully along w/ it the spinning indicator is essentially completely gone.  I did just fly out of KSBA to KRNO in the Citation L and had a lovely totally stutter-free flight thru the FLOUT departure procedure.  As I went over the coast range there thru dense clouds I had to dial back a few more GPU-heavy sliders to maintain that but all remained well.  For some reason thin hazy cloud density can have a big impact on my modest GPU but this has always been the case.  

What you alude to, the sheer number of warnings and errors, which I have not bothered to read.  One wonders if a reinstall of MSFS might clear up some of this up--no one here knows unless they've had a similar experience and indeed it helped.  Right now, for reasons I don't appreciate, laying down new errors/warning/messages in the console after clearing them does not result in the spinning indicator returning.  But I have been doing this ritual w/ all flights w/ very nice results thusfar.  It was not long ago I was about to park it again and return to P3D but alas we're back to fully functional so far.

I look forward to trying it during a flight vs just at the ramp.  However, I did notice that the warnings and errors continue to populate during the sim session.  Are you continuing to clear them multiple times during your flight or only at the begining?  I also would like to know if the next time you go to clear them, take a look at a few and see if you get the 'kingair' associated like I do, thanks.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K