Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Please vote to open up communications with RXP..

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

If the issue in question is the ability to override the autopilot and/or underlying gps system (including behavior and/or simvars), we are currently looking into and working solutions to that that we will be refining over the next couple of updates.

-Matt

I certainly *think* that's part of it but I'm personally in no position to speak of the specifics.

3 hours ago, espent said:

I understand that RXP is a popular addon, but why are all developers told to adapt to the new reality except RXP?

That is not the intent... the goal is to open up communications, so that solutions can be found to 3rd party integration issues, that will be of benefit to all 3rd parties, not just RXP.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Bert

Done!  164 votes so far!  Thanks for the thread Bert.  We can do this.

• Like 3

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

As much as I admire PMS50's work and efforts, a GTN that is based on the real Garmin software plays in a different league. That's why these gauges are available for all serious flight simulators that are currently on the market. And I can't understand why this shouldn't be the case for MSFS as well. Especially as threads like these clearly show that there is a high demand for these kind of gauges. Hopefully the MSFS team will find a way to make it possible. 

• Like 7

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

2 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

Hopefully the MSFS team will find a way to make it possible. 

Are there any discussions beween Microsoft and Garmin?

I would think that Garmin would prefer to see their avionics correctly simulated in MSFS, since it has their name on it.. :unsure:

• Like 4

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would think that Garmin would prefer to see their avionics correctly simulated in MSFS, since it has their name on it..

Wonderful point! Sue 'em Garmin.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

50 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

As much as I admire PMS50's work and efforts, a GTN that is based on the real Garmin software plays in a different league.  

Hit the nail on the head Tim!

46 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would think that Garmin would prefer to see their avionics correctly simulated in MSFS, since it has their name on it.. :unsure:

Agreed!

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Are there any discussions beween Microsoft and Garmin?

You would have thought so, but perhaps they don't care as long as MS pays for use of what they program?

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Tim-HH said:

As much as I admire PMS50's work and efforts, a GTN that is based on the real Garmin software plays in a different league.

40 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Hit the nail on the head Tim!

40 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Agreed!

+3ⁿ 

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, MattNischan said:

It's kinda amusing that this came up, by coincidence I also mentioned to the team that getting in touch with Jean-Luc would be great yesterday morning, before I caught these threads.

The need for RXP has been discussed over and over both here and in previous requests on the official site.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

???  The need for RXP has been discussed over and over both here and in previous requests on the official site.

By 'these threads' I mean this specific Avsim thread and the FS forum thread which it references, which I had not seen previously.

-Matt

I am actually confused now, what does RXP want from Asobo excatly and what did we excatly vote for? Did RXP by now have a commutation with WT team as they are asking him to do so?

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

5 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Did RXP by now have a commutation with WT team as they are asking him to do so?

No, I don't believe any of us at WT has received any communication yet (I keep checking my Avsim and FS forums DMs excitedly!).

-Matt

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

No, I don't believe any of us at WT has received any communication yet (I keep checking my Avsim and FS forums DMs excitedly!).

-Matt

Ah I hope he contact you guys to clarify all that, so we can know excatly what is the whole issue is all about, does he want to bring back the methods to draw directly from DLLs which is clearly a no go (only WASM or JS/HTML) and we should all just accept that or does he want more functional Simconnect functionality? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

So has this topic been stiffled administratively?

Frank Patton
ASUS