Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

26th May 2021 Developer Q&A: Begins at 10:30 AM PST

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Discrete? why is it they just set up a new Youtube channel surely not for more exposure.

They are testing waters on being more communicative and open about upcoming releases. My experience is they prefer to comment on released products, not so much about things in development. 

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

For me, recognising the morphing and talking about it was the biggest thing, as they seem to have skipped over it in the past.  Most of what was said made sense, but I can't understand how TAA is effecting it - that bit lost me. 

Yep, it seems they have finally acknowledged that the morphing exists, but the potential explanation of TAA or data streaming causing this is completely wrong. I've tested the morphing with several graphics configurations (including no anti-aliasing), and also with wireframe enabled where it's very clear that the morphing happens in the polygon rendering. Clearly they haven't investigated it thoroughly, but at least they're not completely ignoring the issue anymore.

Also I wish they would have answered the very question itself, whether it's possible to use the Orbx technique. Umberto said in the relevant thread that they are avoiding morphing by using BGL heightmaps instead of CGL which is what the default mesh is using, which means no special or proprietary approach is needed. It's right there in the SDK, made and documented by Asobo. Such a bizarre situation.

Otherwise, I agree that this was a great Q&A after a string of somewhat underwhelming ones. I liked the presentation slides, charts and graphs they used to explain the improvements they're making, as well as Jayne drawing user screenshots from the question threads.

• Like 6

OMG they uttered the phrase "Cirrus Clouds". I've been trying to get them to do that for 18 months now. 😇

• Like 7

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

WT have posted more information on G1000NXI on Discord

And to be clear, since there were some questions on this . . .
- This is a from-the-ground-up build of the G1000Nxi that is intended to replace the existing G1000 in the sim for all G1000 equipped aircraft, as well as being available for 3rd Party Devs to incorporate into other aircraft.
- It is intended to be a nearly 1:1 replica of the real unit. The initial release will be more feature-rich than the current default G1000, and we will continue to add features over time to reach the 1:1 target.
- You are seeing RF and DME legs being demonstrated and we plan support for those leg types in the initial release.
- We have not yet announced additional projects, but the roadmap continues to be discussed and developed in partnership with Microsoft and Asobo. We are currently 100% focused on the G1000Nxi, which to do completely is a major development project.
- We intend a closed beta (like with all of our work) with our QA team next month, followed by an open beta delivered via the Marketplace in July sometime. We hope that open beta will be successful and that will result in the G1000Nxi replacing the current default G1000 in a subsequent sim-update. This timeline is an ESTIMATE informed by our progress to date.

I think this more than adequately explains why the WT G1000 mod hasn't been getting much in the way of updates recently.

• Like 3

This will basically obliterate the XP11 G1000 after they are done

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

This will basically obliterate the XP11 G1000 after they are done

Yep, if they can actually get close to a 1:1 functional replica of the system that will be quite amazing and hopefully will allow for hooks into some of those advance features that other avionics packages could hook onto.

Just imagine you're someone who's only seen the barebones default MSFS G1000 and one day the sim updates and suddenly you have it replaced with an almost full NXI system - short term i can't work out if it would be a good thing or a bad thing 🙂

Edited by Matchstick

16 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Otherwise, I agree that this was a great Q&A after a string of somewhat underwhelming ones. I liked the presentation slides, charts and graphs they used to explain the improvements they're making, as well as Jayne drawing user screenshots from the question threads.

After SU4 and it not causing pitch forks and torches to be produced like last ones, and this Q&A. It seems Asobo have shifted into second gear. 

SU4, this Q&A they seemed to have slipped into a nice stride now of where they've been, what they're doing, and where they're going.. It's been a good week for MSFS

• Like 18

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Didn't hear anything about that (getting some pauses), I will look at the VOD later!

Thank you so much for the reports. I watched all the Q&A but for me as a non-native speaker it's not easy to get all the fine points, even more as the French English sounds a bit special to me.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I don't know how, but this sim is continuing to blow me away. The development backend behind it and 3rd party support is awesome. Insufficient praise but - good job all!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

6 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thank you so much for the reports. I watched all the Q&A but for me as a non-native speaker it's not easy to get all the fine points, even more as the French English sounds a bit special to me.

I'm happy you found the summary useful! I too am not a native speaker and I sometimes have trouble understanding what they say (the mediocre audio quality and some of the buffering did not help either) so I tried not to be too specific in my reports, but after checking some parts of the VOD I'm fairly sure all of what I have written is accurate. I would still recommend checking out Jayne's transcripts when she posts them in the agenda.

I also carefully listened to that section of the new plane announcement again, and I cannot say I understand that a new feature is coming with it.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

Thanks, just upvoted. I'm a pure VFR flyer and would like to more often fly  in real weather, when the actual weather in the region just doesn't permit it.

IFR flyers certainly have their own arguments for canned weather as well.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I too am not a native speaker

That surprises me. Can I ask what your first language is?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I also carefully listened to that section of the new plane announcement again, and I cannot say I understand that a new feature is coming with it.

Yeah.. He was super vague.. SOMETHING different is coming with it obviously then what is currently presented with Asobo planes. I can only guess an accessory we haven't seen yet? Ski's? Floats? Tow Hook w/ banner?

Who knows, but I do love good vague marketing. Keeps people talking! 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

That surprises me. Can I ask what your first language is?

It's a European language not using the Latin alphabet. Not willing to share more information regarding my location (since I've received some threats and not so nice comments in the past online), sorry!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Not willing to share more information regarding my location

Perfectly understandable and sorry you have to put up with such trolling.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea