Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Pet Peeves of mine

11 hours ago, fs4fun said:

My list:

- Agree with the annoying game menu bar. FSX had the correct behavior, why did they break it? Install another added to fix it.

Cause the ridiculous obtrusive Game Bar was obviously designed for the XBox console version.

We  need the old FSX PC menu at the top of the screen which was LESS OBTRUSIVE AND HAD A LOT MORE OPTIONS!

Chris Camp

24 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Cause the ridiculous obtrusive Game Bar was obviously designed for the XBox console version.

We  need the old FSX PC menu at the top of the screen which was LESS OBTRUSIVE AND HAD A LOT MORE OPTIONS!

That's so 80's!  lol

bs

• Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

Should also be able to reposition more easily at an airport.  Without returning to the main menu.  I have started at airports near t-hangars, only to find myself boxed in by parked aircraft.

Hit "Y", reposition away, hit "Y" again.

James

18 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

Breaking things that previously worked perfectly well.…

This, and they refuse to acknowledge them.

13 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

That's so 80's!  lol

bs

Change just to say it’s been changed, but not change for the better, right?

10 hours ago, conundrum said:

Change just to say it’s been changed, but not change for the better, right?

I think the current implementation is perfect and I don't want it changed.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Aside from the most glaring defects like: Performance issues, CTDs, Lack of customizable AI, Morphing terrain, Terrain roundness at distance, Water climbing up terrain, poor airport lighting/sight distance/on during day and minor streams being seen as whiteish blue lines from 50 miles away.  There are only a hand full of silly issues that should have been fixed by now.

- My number one is ATC window not auto launching when ATC contacts you. This really should have been implemented since day one. 

- Number 2  SLEW: you can't fine tune slew mode, it's always 7500kts.  If anyone knows a true FSX like fix for this please late me know. Also, why only in exterior view and why are the directions backwards for side to side?

- Not being able to change aircraft or location on the fly with out developer mode. And even then that is buggy.

-That silly hanger bug where you can't just go from livery to livery and then inspect the plane, you have to back out each time you select a new livery... It should be a really simple fix.

- No integrated replay mode.  Flight recorder is cool but it's also super buggy.   I don't know how many times I have gone to replay and it just goes to a black screen saying my landing gear impacted the ground. Then I lose the whole replay. I can disable crashes but, I'd rather just not replay.

-The over done engine heat effect.  I have to turn it off in every plane I fly because it's just so over done. I have flown on hundreds of 320s and never once have I seen the flaps obscured by the heat of the engines. It would be nice to have a realistic engine heat effect.

- Lack of realistic effects like wheels touching down, water spray, water wakes, condensation, float planes are awful right now.  I know once we get PMDG planes it will probably implement these effects. 

-  LFPG...  Asobo come on it's your home country's biggest airport, you guys put a ton of effort into it but its so riddled with flaws and awful performance.  Every time one bug gets fixed another one gets introduced. The newest one is LFPG is completely destroyed.  All the building got shifted and are now on the taxiways, and as you taxi around you'll flip your plane and damage your landing gear on bridges. 

I'm really happy the icing got fixed. It seems well implemented now. I actually leave it on. 

On 6/6/2021 at 8:01 AM, Tierborn said:

Not for those of us looking to sim a connecting flight or thorough after shutdown walk around

I am a little confused here. When I shut down the airplane I get the popup screen that asks if I want to end the flight and return to the main menu or continue. I just click continue and I can keep on with the shutdown checklist and whatever else I want to do like fly the drone around the airport to admire the visuals. I agree that it is a bit annoying to have that popup at all but it literally takes 1 second to close it and continue. You can sim a connecting flight as long as you use the exact same airplane. I do wish we could switch to a different airplane without having to go back to the menu and reload though.

• Like 2

My irritations 

No Fly-bye.

No particle effects.

No in build replay. They Asobo simulate simple things like (the ridiculous) icing but can't get smoke and other things correctly .nonsense no wonder MSFS is called as a game  and not serious simmers. I could land a default a321 in FSX with tire smoke but the highly regarded FBW can't do it in a more advanced MSFS.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Let me think:

* lightning on sunny days with no TS in the vicinity

* Live weather still not working as it should

* Stutters and pauses are still prevalent in many regions

* I wish I could just choose a different destination with having to go back to main menu

* Long loading times

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Three pet peeves : weather, weather and weather 😄 !

No proper weather briefing in the planning UI, lunatic ATIS, lightnings all over the place and last but maybe the more annoying for me too many runways without a windsock. I fly aircraft for which direction and strength of the wind are better to be known !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Three pet peeves : weather, weather and weather 😄 !

No proper weather briefing in the planning UI, lunatic ATIS, lightnings all over the place and last but maybe the more annoying for me too many runways without a windsock. I fly aircraft for which direction and strength of the wind are better to be known !

I'm guessing that is a regional / local Wx data issue.  Currently I'm thinking that a consistent global weather data stream does not exist and may not for the near future.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

On 6/6/2021 at 11:54 AM, bean_sprout said:

That's so 80's!  lol

bs

LOL...

Bring back the 80's!!!

Chris Camp

32 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

LOL...

Bring back the 80's!!!

NOT!

bs