Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

DC Designs Stearman out!...

I told myself I didn't need another plane this month...but I am a sucker for the old ones. I have the GAS Stearman for FSX which is a great add on, and this compares favorably in FD and after the coming patch for roll rate and drag I think it will be spot on. As far as visuals go...fuggedaboutit!!!

CW0XMNc.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Target71 said:

I told myself I didn't need another plane this month...but I am a sucker for the old ones. I have the GAS Stearman for FSX which is a great add on, and this compares favorably in FD and after the coming patch for roll rate and drag I think it will be spot on. As far as visuals go...fuggedaboutit!!!

CW0XMNc.jpg

yes looking real good, i prob will get it too.

• Like 1

He's crazy. So close to the ground.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

9 hours ago, Target71 said:

I told myself I didn't need another plane this month...but I am a sucker for the old ones.

That livery come with it? If not link please! Waiting for it to show up in Market Place?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

It's a default included livery

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Setting "Wear and tear" before flight to around 60 to 70% makes a big difference to short field landings.

KkzE6yn.jpg

Basically it adds parasitic drag which will have an adverse effect on top speed but makes up for the generic lack of prop drag in MSFS.  This issue effects a lot of aircraft that lack flaps.  Short field landings without "wear and tear" can be a bit of a barnstorm affair with S turns and side slipping and lots of floating.

The video below is with 70% wear and tear at Murchison.  It needed  a long/extended final and was pretty dead stick but with 70% wear and tear it was possible to get down from circuit height without any crazy antics.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

at Glenn

oh wow, thats a great hint, going to try, because yes its hard to loose speed without flaps .

Thanks for the heads up! Heading to the Market Place to purchase.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Stupid stuff you can do in MSFS that would get you arrested IRL

0nUZ4NB.jpg

pi407W5.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Target71 said:

Stupid stuff you can do in MSFS that would get you arrested IRL

Watch out, you are having FUN. Your not suppose to have FUN in a flight sim :) By the book ONLY! BTW, can we pop smoke?

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, in2tech said:

Watch out, you are having FUN. Your not suppose to have FUN in a flight sim :) By the book ONLY! BTW, can we pop smoke?

I almost made it from Manchester to the ocean before I left my head🙃 on a bridge while the plane kept going...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, in2tech said:

No smoke yet, but particle effects ( and instructions on how to create them ) are coming to MSFS soon so it's something that I would very much like to add 🙂

• Like 3