Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Is the 4 season "mod" worth it?

Just got notification from simmarket. Version 7.0 is out.

• Like 5

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Just double-clicked V 7.0 Bijan_Seasons.exe and got Error Message "Java Runtime environment not found"

What exactly is missing on my up-to-date Windows 10 Pro?

Never experienced this message before...

Ernst

13 minutes ago, ErnstB said:

Just double-clicked V 7.0 Bijan_Seasons.exe and got Error Message "Java Runtime environment not found"

Ernst

If you computer doesn't have java installed, you can install from here:
https://java.com/en/download/

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

59 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Bijan, since MSFS 2020 prohibits any support questions in their forum, my last post there was not able to be answered. If I do not want to install JAVA and run your EXE program, can I simply copy the seasons folder I wish to use along with the MODEL ASSETS folder to the community folder?

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Back to Bijans product now. Somehow disappointed from the competitor.

• Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Just now, Nemo said:

Back to Bijans product now. Somehow disappointed from the competitor.

Bijans just looks better in my opinion. 

• Like 6

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

Bijan, since MSFS 2020 prohibits any support questions in their forum, my last post there was not able to be answered. If I do not want to install JAVA and run your EXE program, can I simply copy the seasons folder I wish to use along with the MODEL ASSETS folder to the community folder?

Yes you can. 

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

12 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Yes you can. 

Thanks Bijan!

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Mr. Bijan, what happens if we install the snow mask and end up flying to somewhere without snow? Will we get odd graphical glitches on the ground?

Former Child, Current Adult

•  
6 hours ago, ErnstB said:

Ernst

I am a bit lost here since Java tells me, since Firefox is my only and standard browser

"We have detected you are using the 64-bit version of Firefox which will not run the Java plugin from this browser.*

Any experiences about consequences and hints on this situation?

Ernst

5 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

Yes you can. 

Bijan, I'm using the Addon Linker to link to the season folder, the Model Assets folder, and one of the mask folder. It all seems to work OK, but is there any problem using the Addon Linker?

1 minute ago, flyblueskies said:

Bijan, I'm using the Addon Linker to link to the season folder, the Model Assets folder, and one of the mask folder. It all seems to work OK, but is there any problem using the Addon Linker?

You can do it that way, but for auto season feature, you cannot use both.

Gaming Laptop:

1 hour ago, liamp51 said:

Mr. Bijan, what happens if we install the snow mask and end up flying to somewhere without snow? Will we get odd graphical glitches on the ground?

You would see very dark terrain. For snow mask. it's recommended to use only where it's snow on ground.

• Like 2

Gaming Laptop:

17 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

You would see very dark terrain. For snow mask. it's recommended to use only where it's snow on ground.

Gotcha! I tried it out and yes that's the effect! Any chance you'll add a "remove" function in the next update? Unless I'm missing something, currently it seems like you need to manually delete folders if for example you install the masks but then want to remove them. Not a big deal but just something I noted! Fantastic job with this update though!

• Like 1

Former Child, Current Adult

11 hours ago, ErnstB said:

Ernst

I am a bit lost here since Java tells me, since Firefox is my only and standard browser

"We have detected you are using the 64-bit version of Firefox which will not run the Java plugin from this browser.*

Any experiences about consequences and hints on this situation?

Ernst

Problem solved by using the Java Windows Offline (64-Bit) version!

Ernst