Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Is the 4 season "mod" worth it?

21 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Bit confused Bob on the two versions - are they different or your linked version covers it all ?

Have no idea

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Bijan has put a lot of work in to this project and brings out updates for free very regularly.  I am pleased I bought it and the difference is easily noticeable.

You can tell he still puts a lot of hours into this every week.  It has to be the most regualarly updated product that I ever bought!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I am going to wait to see what this brings to the table.

https://simhorizon.com/

You even get the basic's for free after the trail ends.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If you're going to buy it don't get it from the Marketplace for the time being.   The encryption process for the marketplace version is causing performance issues.

Still, with the extra cost and the slow update process there's no good reason to buy it from the marketplace anyway, performance issues or not.

• Like 2

I wasn't gonna buy this as was hoping Asobo would add it soon to the Sim themselves, but the wishlist roadmap says "2022", so it's at least 6 months away and could be anything upto 18! Think i might grab this now...

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

30 minutes ago, The Moose said:

If you're going to buy it don't get it from the Marketplace for the time being.   The encryption process for the marketplace version is causing performance issues.

Still, with the extra cost and the slow update process there's no good reason to buy it from the marketplace anyway, performance issues or not.

I believe I am right in saying another reason not to buy there is that the version in marketplace (circa half price) only includes two of the four options (seasons). I could be wrong but that is how I read the description there.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

So many thing to say here but we have a duty to preserve our beloved moderators blood pressure level.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

ABSOLUTELY.

This developer should be on the Asobo team, they're doing brilliant work and if you follow the thread on the official forums you'll see multiple people (including myself) have called out small specific areas that we'd like a change made to and within days, if not hours he's done it.

2021-03-29_00_54_21-Greenshot.png

unknown.png

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

https://simhorizon.com/

You even get the basic's for free after the trail ends.

oh yes, that looks promising, i got the 4 seasons pack, but it has performance issues on my lowfi computer.

btw that last pic looks totally unrealistic, would fit some arcade game yes.

Edited by wim123
  • Like 2

Yeah that bottom pic just looks wrong, but would like to see a real life pic of the same area to confirm.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I think this was him trying to make it look like flowers etc. But purple rocks etc looks terrible. The Purple is even under the yellow and green. yuck!

I can only think the LOD is so low that its not draw the trees on the purple rocks. But......

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I had to remove it because I was getting ground's blur textures.

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

On 6/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, MarcG said:

Yeah that bottom pic just looks wrong, but would like to see a real life pic of the same area to confirm.

v2.jpg

• Like 1