Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Is the 4 season "mod" worth it?

thank you for the install video but can you install all the seasons so the game loads the appropriate environment no matter where or when i start to fly? Can you explain the auto feature because I think I was expecting something different.

1 hour ago, bosflo said:

thank you for the install video but can you install all the seasons so the game loads the appropriate environment no matter where or when i start to fly? Can you explain the auto feature because I think I was expecting something different.

That's not possible to do that.

As described in update logs, "Auto season" feature which selects and installs the current season and will change to next season every 45 days.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

So the "automatic" part was a little misleading the way I thought it was going to be. I still think your product is good but I really expected a set it and forget program. I have auto season selected and I landed in Chicago among beautiful green trees with no snow. If I have it selected to automatic season wouldn't I at least see bare trees and snow? Is there a user guide somewhere? I know you have a lot of videos but they mostly show off the visuals of the program. I would really like to get this program working and I did follow your video but still not seeing anything like the videos. I would request a refund but I know that's not possible so I would like to use the program to it's full capacity. Thanks again

Now I am getting confused what it actually does. 🤔

"can you install all the seasons so the game loads the appropriate environment no matter where or when i start to fly?"

--- "That's not possible to do that.--- 

Not possible to do what exactly? Bosflo said he landed in ORD and everything was green and no snow. I thought the program should have selected correct season for the particular place, no? 

"Auto season" feature which selects and installs the current season and will change to next season every 45 days". 

What is the difference then what Bosflo is asking about? Very confusing. I'm clearly missing something.  

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

On 1/18/2022 at 2:11 PM, skysurfer said:

Hello.

What is the benefit to get 4 seasons pack instead of REX AccuSeasons? 
Thanks 

The benefit is the trees and foliage  look a heck of alot better in Bijans. If that isn't important, then go with Rex. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, skysurfer said:

What is the difference then what Bosflo is asking about? Very confusing. I'm clearly missing something. 

I could be mistaken, but I believe the question was interpreted as to whether all of the season packs were put in the community folder together that it could work automatically. The installer/configuration is used instead to control the loading/unloading of the appropriate season file. 

Edited by OneOfMany

1 minute ago, OneOfMany said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe the question was interpreted as to whether all of the season packs were put in the community folder together that it could work automatically. The installer/configuration is used instead to control the loading/unloading of the appropriate file. 

I haven't purchased it yet (I think will tonight) so I am wandering how does everything work now with this new automatic seasons changes. I guess if I install everything into MSFS Community folder (not in the Addons Linker folder) then I just need to install it once and forget about it. The sim program should load correct season based on the location. I hope this is how it works now 🤔 But I am cautious because Bosflo said he landed in ORD and did not see any differences, etc.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

3 hours ago, bosflo said:

So the "automatic" part was a little misleading the way I thought it was going to be. I still think your product is good but I really expected a set it and forget program. I have auto season selected and I landed in Chicago among beautiful green trees with no snow. If I have it selected to automatic season wouldn't I at least see bare trees and snow? Is there a user guide somewhere? I know you have a lot of videos but they mostly show off the visuals of the program. I would really like to get this program working and I did follow your video but still not seeing anything like the videos. I would request a refund but I know that's not possible so I would like to use the program to it's full capacity. Thanks again

@bosfloThere is nothing misleading about it. As mentioned, Copy paste from above:

Seasons mod has nothing to do with where it snows. Conifer trees always stay green, that includes winter. Some trees on very green terrain may reflect light so they may look green. 

It was never claimed all trees would be bare. See faq.txt.

As described in update logs, "Auto season" feature which selects and installs the current season and will change to next season every 45 days. Nothing other than this has been said.

Only one season must be installed in community folder. The sim is not capable of pulling a season based on a season you pick in weather panel. @skysurfer

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

I have read all posts here, I think I am getting it slowly. I hope I get some clarifications here. I just don't want to mess thigs up tonight during installation. 

The way I understand it, I need to select the season I want first. The "Auto season" will switch to the next season in 45 days. When does 45 days countdown begins? From the day I selected the season or the "Auto season" will switch it based on the real calendar? 

Someone asked:
    "What happens if we install the snow mask and end up flying to somewhere without snow? Will we get odd graphical glitches on the ground?"

---"You would see very dark terrain. For snow mask. it's recommended to use only where it's snow on ground."---

How would I know there will be snow where I am flying? It maybe currently snow in Chicago but no snow in Miami (if I am flying ORD - MIA). 

If I decide to go with Addons Linker, can I drop all seasons folder in the Linker and just disable those three seasons before I switch to the next one? 

Thanks again.  

Is there anyone using the latest version of this mod with MSFS Addons Linker that could explain how to get it up and working via that method.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

As the mod seems to be updated far more frequently than every 45 days using the automation feature seems a bit pointless. Ditto the UI. Quicker just to cut and paste the new files directly in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Is there anyone using the latest version of this mod with MSFS Addons Linker that could explain how to get it up and working via that method.

I found this advise from the Discord:

Instead of pasting the Community folder, you can create a master folder in your addon folder structure:
And paste the link in the 4 Season Pack app 
Then link this main folder in the Addons Linker

I did all these steps, all folders are green in Linker. Not sure I have noticed any effect but I am still experimenting. 

• Like 1

It is all very simple :

Put the unpacked Seasons V6 folder somewhere on your pc, in my case directly in the C root 

Make a shortcut to your desktop for the exe.

Open the GUI and point to your Community folder.

Choose your settings and you’re done. So easy.

Myself I use Auto Season.

- - - 

I use Addons Linker for all scenery incl AIG. Never used it with 4 Seasons and my Prosim ac. Those are directly in the Community folder.

If I need to update MSFS I take out the Community folder abd create an empty one in its place. After updating I launch MSFS once. Then I shut MSFS down and put back the saved Community folder…

It all can be very simple …

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, skysurfer said:

I found this advise from the Discord:

Instead of pasting the Community folder, you can create a master folder in your addon folder structure:
And paste the link in the 4 Season Pack app 
Then link this main folder in the Addons Linker

I did all these steps, all folders are green in Linker. Not sure I have noticed any effect but I am still experimenting. 

Fot Bijans 4 Seasons Pack v7.0

If you are using Addon Linker you only want one season active at any time. You live in the US and it's winter so you only want Bijans Seasons - Winter N - Summer S active (green) in Addon Linker and copied over to your Community folder. The rest of the Seasons remain inactive (red) in Addon Linker.

Same for the different Mask choices - only one active at a time in Addon Linker.

The Bijan - Model Assets folder should be active all the time as it contains the trees and other scenery models. Not sure of the reason for the "lib" folder. Making it active in Addon Linker doesn't get it copied over to the Community folder so maybe Bijan will comment on its purpose.

As I understand Bijans 4 Season Pack it does not control or influence whether it snows in Miami, FL, or not snow in Chicago, IL. It is all about seasons and textures, not weather.

Edited by Twenty6
speeling
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Got it installed in Linker. Does it look it is working? I wonder what would be the best place and what season to test if it is working or not.

51834508091_2eed9ed777_h.jpg
51834501176_ba4a028ac3_h.jpg
51835238330_21ff9d6758_h.jpg

This is how KTYS looks with Snow mask:

51834617393_af199bdd8b_k.jpg
51834858064_e316a69c24_h.jpg

When I disabled it in Linker the airport looked normal again. 

Edited by skysurfer